Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2017, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
AZ interns still at work. They found my 006 ticket (for April travel) and took a hatchet to it. There was no AZ metal, but the first two segments were AZ code share. I called DL who rebooked me on the original flights, but without the code share numbers. ^

Thank goodness for My Flights app, since AZ certainly didn't notify me of the change! DL agent was taken aback as well. Only took 1h15m of my time!
Old Feb 2, 2017, 5:34 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Interesting to hear about the 006 ticket. As part of their hatchet job, did the change just the reservation or did they change/reissue the sticker too?
Old Feb 2, 2017, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They rebooked me on FLR-CDG-DUS.

Don't know how to tell if they reissued the sticker.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by margarita girl
They rebooked me on FLR-CDG-DUS.

Don't know how to tell if they reissued the sticker.
Meant to say eticket, not sticker in my original message - damn autocorrect.
Check your receipt history on delta.com - you should be able to see eticket number and details.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is no ticket history when I look at the receipt (possibly because I don't have my DL number on the reservation), but the ticket number is definitely different than the original one. I suspect DL did that though, and not AZ.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 3:28 pm

I am confused, in the end you have the original route or changed?
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
Anyone still waiting for refunds here? 2 months later, no news for me
Old Feb 3, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Danusa86
Anyone still waiting for refunds here? 2 months later, no news for me
I am still waiting for two tickets to be refunded, canceled on December 18
Initiated a chargeback with Amex however about two weeks ago so the money is still on my account while Amex is dealing with Expedia.UK
Old Feb 3, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
AZ interns still at work. They found my 006 ticket (for April travel) and took a hatchet to it. There was no AZ metal, but the first two segments were AZ code share. I called DL who rebooked me on the original flights, but without the code share numbers. ^

Thank goodness for My Flights app, since AZ certainly didn't notify me of the change! DL agent was taken aback as well. Only took 1h15m of my time!
The same scenario happened to my 074 ticket. KL reissued the ticket without any problem. It was even reissued a third time after a schedule change which made me wait for my connection in FCO for 9 hours. I did not accept it and was rerouted through CDG using AF this time avoiding AZ altogether....
Old Feb 3, 2017, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by luftair
I am confused, in the end you have the original route or changed?
My outbound was changed to FLR-CDG-DUS by AZ. The return appeared untouched (like a few hundred other posters), but I knew better. Plus I had made non-cancellable reservations around the original booking, so I was determined to get my original routing back, which DL was kind enough to do.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 9:17 pm
soy

Programs: various
My outbound was changed to FLR-CDG-DUS by AZ. The return appeared untouched (like a few hundred other posters), but I knew better. Plus I had made non-cancellable reservations around the original booking, so I was determined to get my original routing back, which DL was kind enough to do.
^ for you.
After waiting 1month for my refund (promised at 10 days, and then 28 days), I initiated charge-back with Citi Prestige. They credited my account right away and will pursue AZ to get the money.
Happily QR's Sake sale is giving me a better deal than the one AZ reneged on.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, Skyteam EP
And Im home

as mentioned previously, I successfully crossed the Atlantic in SQ D. My return flight in AF I just finished, and once again it went smooth. No issues whatsoever, dropped my last leg to FLR, and jumped on a flight back home. All on 055 stock. Pure luck I guess
Old Feb 4, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL GM, TK Elite+, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by thierry
The same scenario happened to my 074 ticket. KL reissued the ticket without any problem. It was even reissued a third time after a schedule change which made me wait for my connection in FCO for 9 hours. I did not accept it and was rerouted through CDG using AF this time avoiding AZ altogether....
Had a similar reroute + reissue with DL stock...they butchered it AGAIN after more than a month.

After a quick call, i'm going on non-AZ metal all the way.
Lets see if it sticks.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 2:19 pm

I got a AZ refund email Jan 20 but still no sign of the funds. What´s the trick?
Old Feb 5, 2017, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by view
I got a AZ refund email Jan 20 but still no sign of the funds. What´s the trick?
The benefit of an interest-free loan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.