Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 12:53 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
I wonder does Amex have a Not As Described chargeback process like Visa Chargeback Reason Code 53. Ask for that.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
How can you use segments out of sequence?
This refers to skipping a segment.

If you miss any single segment, but show up for a later one, you are using the segments "out of sequence".

But you know this as the "if you miss any flight, the ticket is cancelled" rule. Officially, it's a "segments out of sequence" rule.

naked curiosity here - what's your destination and routing on this ticket? Ta!
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Amex Platinum fail!

I had two 055 tickets which were butchered by AZ that I asked Amex to file a dispute on since they hadn't been refunded after a few weeks. Today I got a letter from Amex regarding one the claims (expedia.co.uk):

This is in spite of the fact that I had forwarded a copy of the changed ticket, as well as the email I got from expedia.co.uk on Dec 19 confirming that they would be refunding me in 6-10 days.

Among the documentation Amex enclosed was this little gem from expedia:

Gob smack!
Ohhh you have yourself a very good written document that can be used in the court of law. Basically Expedia is saying that your ticket is good to fly.

Edit - What have I done. Going to get the "oh no you can't take on the big Airline" after me now
Old Jan 20, 2017, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by dfs24
Call AZ. Get the refund receipt. Then it should close the case.
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
I'm curious - Are there Any AZ flights on your 006 ticket?
AF/KL metal, AZ code share.

Originally Posted by Keter
I am not a banking expert but common sense logic tells me it it not a right way to do chargebacks in this AZ case. Though i hope it contributed to understanding of Expedia Group that they suck when it comes tickets to changes and refunds...
I would agree, except I've already contacted Expedia, and they sent me the following email on Dec 19.

We're happy to confirm that we have processed your refund application today.

Refund amount
Please expect a refund of GBP XXX.

When you'll get your refund
Your refund will be processed directly to the original form of payment used for the purchase of your ticket(s). You can expect the refund to reach your account within 6 to 10 days.
I have better things to do than be a go-between for AZ and Expedia.

Originally Posted by irishguy28
naked curiosity here - what's your destination and routing on this ticket? Ta!
Africa

And finally, a few hours after resending same documents to Amex and saying how disappointed I was in how they handled this matter, I got the following email.

We're pleased to let you know we have completed our investigation of your billing inquiry and issued a credit to your account for $XXX from WWW EXPEDIA CO UK LONDON. We value your business and we're glad we were able to assist you in resolving this matter.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:26 am

Called and cancelled my tickets on 12/16 which I booked through Ebookers. Then I called again 12/24 to request an email confirming the cancellation was being processed and I received one promptly.

They gave me the 2-12 week refund period nonsense on my original call and I have yet to see any amount refunded to my card - is there anything else I can do here to reduce my exposure here? Like push the OTA to process my refund more quickly / call Alitalia directly (actual charge was from AZ) / just initiate a chargeback even though a refund has theoretically been offered?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:10 pm
p78
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
today I received call from expedia.com about schedule change
it was first time that they made contact about my 2nd booking

I booked 2 the same flights, first for my family on 15 August second on 17 August for my Friends

original flights should be
FLO-FCO-ICN,MNL-AUH-DUS

Alitalia made now second change
first change was on december to
FLO-FCO-DUS,MNL-AUH-DUS

but 2 days ago they got creative and on 2 bookings they change to

FCO(8.00am)-DUS(10:10am),FLO(12:10am)-FCO(13:00am), MNL-AUH-DUS

so in theory I should use teleport service from start trek to move from DUS to FLO to catch our First(sorry now second Flight)
Expedia call was about change and they said what I have 1 option refund or call AlItalia I said what I should have option to move to another carrier and requested some Expedia supervisor to call me....

I generaly mad about Alitalia behavior
they move us around Europe without asking, change flight I think only to force US to cancel....I can froze money till August we will see
Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: Flying Blue/Platinum, TK/Elite Plus, QR/Platinum, LH/FTL, Marriott/Platinum
Emailed Travel Up UK to process refund, however they will not refund the ticket processing fee and credit card fee, ~30GBP all together. I know it's not 3000 GBP but is there even a way to get these back? Any thoughts?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: Flying Blue/Platinum, TK/Elite Plus, QR/Platinum, LH/FTL, Marriott/Platinum
I'm just so tired of this fiasco now, but if you have a non-055 stock ticket or if you booked from Expedia US, read on.

1) non-055 stock ticket - you just need to insist and your ticket will most likely be honored. I have a 006 stock ticket, Alitalia of course was being sneaky and butchered the ticket. No problem, called Delta, the agent reinstated the routing initially however put me on hold for almost 1 hour while she / DL Skyteam desk contacted Alitalia. After another 20 min she came back and said sir everything is all set, flights reinstated and ticket reissued... Kudos to DL!

2) If you booked from Expedia US, this is probably the easiest way to get a full refund, including the 7 USD expedia booking fee: if the agent tells you AZ has control, tell him/her to transfer you to Expedia's own schedule change department, they will be able to contact AZ for a full refund. Once transferred to schedule change department, tell them to contact AZ for a full refund and once that's done, you should immediately get an email directly from AZ (titled Refund Receipt) acknowledging the full refund, then ask the Expedia agent for the 7 USD quoting Expedia rule 240 (there's an unacceptable schedule change), the agent will most likely tell you he/she can't do it (which is not true), but don't worry, either insist or ask him/her to transfer you back to customer service department, they will most certainly refund the 7 USD if you quote Rule 240. I got both my tickets booked from Expedia US refunded this way, was quick and straightforward.

Hope it helps...
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:23 pm

For those keeping score/looking for data points:
055 ticket booked through eBookers UK for travel beginning 1/27.
Butchered/exchanged by AZ as expected when others were.
Facebook messaged eBookers and told I'd have to call AZ for the refund.
Called US AZ 1800 223-5730 on 1/16, took about 13 min to get through menus and request the refund. Agent referred to things as an error fare or glitch fare, which I didn't bother to argue. Was told to expect refund in 6-8 weeks, as others have stated.
Refund showed up online on 1/18 and processed with a 1/17 date.
I messaged eBookers to refund the booking fee. They resisted, but after further explanations and threats to chargeback was promised a refund of the booking fee as well. That showed up online on 1/18 as well.
I have received both refunds in original currency which adds up to about $15USD short based on fluctuations.
I've got a request to be made whole with Chase Sapphire Reserve, but we'll see if that happens.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 1:16 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by newflyer530
Emailed Travel Up UK to process refund, however they will not refund the ticket processing fee and credit card fee, ~30GBP all together. I know it's not 3000 GBP but is there even a way to get these back? Any thoughts?
I also had one booking with them. Their email replies were not helpful so i went through the chargeback route via Amex. Already have the funds credit back (not just suspended). Very happy with how Amex handled this. Unfortunately i can't say the same of MBNA where my expedia and opodo transactions are 'under investigation'.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Another data point on refund related issues. My 055 got butchered on 19 Dec. Alitalia said refund processed on 19 Dec. Filed charge back on 12 Jan just in case. Unfortunately, banks here don't remove or suspend the charge immediately. They said they would investigate, and the outcome was in my favour yesterday. Not sure if it is because AZ refunded.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: BAEC, MileagePlus
If you have been waiting too long for a chargeback to happen, give Alitalia a call and tell the you've been instructed by the TA to call them to get a refund, they will process it for you and will be refunded in 2 to 3 days (it just happened to me).
Old Jan 21, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
After AZ and CX canceled their segments I only had one KE segment left on the locator (which had been in the middle of my trip). It was scheduled for this past week. I meant to attempt checking in to see if it was going to work. I haven't seen any reports of such a situation working, but was curious since, although AZ refunded me, that segment was never officially canceled.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
I haven't seen any reports of such a situation working, but was curious since, although AZ refunded me, that segment was never officially canceled.
Oh, but it was.

The e-ticket was obliterated.

The "reservation" should have noticed this and eventually also died, but the unorthodox manner of what was done seems to have confused some systems.

Regardless of what any particular website may have shown when inputting your PNR, that sector was most definitely cancelled.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Oh, but it was.

Regardless of what any particular website may have shown when inputting your PNR, that sector was most definitely cancelled.
I doubt it. It may actually work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.