Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Old Dec 29, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by rossmacd
My credit card company has processed and approved my chargeback request, on one of my 055 tickets. I was not waiting 12 weeks for a refund. Let the CC company deal with this
My CC company (or better say bank that issues my mastercard) refuses to do that saying this is not fraud nor a cloned card. Useless.

We are two days to the end of the month and still nothing, this means they'll take 2000 euros from my bank account and give it back who knows when.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 8:58 am

Has anyone had a chargeback request approved by a card issuer other than AmEx?
Old Dec 29, 2016, 9:09 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by onlysuites
How long are Opodo UK taking to do refunds?

I wonder why peoples itineraries are coming back? Thoughts?
My guess is that the OTA is stumbling across these screwed up reservations and restoring them as a matter of course.
After AZ attacked my 055 booking, I called up Exp and played dumb just saying I got an email about some sort of schedule change. The agent - without prompting - said that she would restore it as clearly neither Exp or I had asked for such changes. The restored trip even got new ticket numbers.
Of course a couple of days later, AZ killed it again.

At that stage I cut my losses as my trip was for a family vacation and getting denied (or even downgraded to Y) at the airport would not sit well with SWMBO. Agent had to be convinced that it was better to cancel, as their first course of action was to restore it again - so would not surprise me if off-shore OTA agent prefers to restore, rather than contact client about screwed up trip.

Post Script; Later I decided to call back and asked them to escalate with AZ on my behalf as I wanted money back faster. They agreed, and called me back an hour later to say 10 days until I get my refund. Also got them to refund my booking fee on this last call - already in my a/c
Old Dec 29, 2016, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Danusa86
My CC company (or better say bank that issues my mastercard) refuses to do that saying this is not fraud nor a cloned card. Useless.

We are two days to the end of the month and still nothing, this means they'll take 2000 euros from my bank account and give it back who knows when.
Originally Posted by mster
Has anyone had a chargeback request approved by a card issuer other than AmEx?
My CC is issued by a Swiss based credit card provider, Swisscard, who handle a number of co-branded cards for Visa, MasterCard and AMEX. I believe they are a joint venture company between Credit Suisse and AMEX themselves.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
I called Expedia last night to cancel and refund and after initially trying to force me to call AZ as per the "notes on the reservation", I persuaded the agent to do it. While on hold for around 30 minutes, I watched the cancellation emails for each itinerary arrive and was told the money would be back with me within 10 days. I had to call another Expedia number for their own booking fees but was dealt with professionally and promptly there and received emails confirming the refunds within minutes. Overall, I'm happy with that.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I had same email from expedia.co.uk on Dec 19 saying refund would be issued in 6-10 days. Here it is, Dec 29 and no refund. I will let Amex take over from here.

Oh, and Amex reversed their booking fee.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
My ticket on Opodo is still showing as confirmed despite the cancellation request being accepted and is cancelled on Alitalia. Can someone who has received or waiting for a refund from Opodo check what theirs says.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 4:11 pm

Programs: Croatia FlyOnline Buy 5 Get 1 Free
Called Opodo.DE two weeks ago and requested to cancel; I was told my reservation had been cancelled, I'd receive a confirmation immediately, and the refund (750 EUR) would take 3-12 weeks to process.

After not receiving a confirmation within two weeks, I called AZ's USA business class reservations desk yesterday to see what's up and was told that my booking was still alive (FLR-FCO-DUS) and there was no evidence of a cancellation ever being submitted. (Also, the mode of payment was showing on their end as "cash" - is this normal for OTA bookings?)

The AZ representative said she cancelled my reservation for real this time, but that I wouldn't receive a confirmation of the cancellation (they recently switched to a new IT system lacking this function), nor would I receive a message when the refund cleared, and that she couldn't give me even an estimate of how long it would take for me to receive the refund.

Next step is calling Opodo again to request a refund of the booking fee.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I had same email from expedia.co.uk on Dec 19 saying refund would be issued in 6-10 days. Here it is, Dec 29 and no refund. I will let Amex take over from here.

Oh, and Amex reversed their booking fee.
6-10 business days - which have not yet elapsed.

That will bring you well into January .
Old Dec 30, 2016, 7:31 am

all exchanged tickets have a note: involuntary reroute

ABSORPTION OF PASSENGER'S expenses
it is the responsibility of the carrier
responsible for involuntary change of a
passenger's journey to arrange for a reasonable alterna
tive route within a reasonable time and, if such time limit
is not feasible, to comply with the requirements of
absorption of passenger's expenses as may be incurred
during the period of the passenger's delay at the place
where the involuntary change occurred and to absorb
such expenses at subsequent points en route where they
are a direct consequence of such a change, provided that
they are limited to essential expenses such as hotel
room, suitable meals and beverages without regard to
class of service, ground transportation, transit taxes, and
reasonable communications costs necessarily incurred by
the passenger because of the involuntary change.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 10:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BelgianTraveller
It's a bit less than a week for me but like many others I'm in the same situation as you are This afternoon I called AZ because I didn't have a lot of thrust in their promise to refund the money as they "couldn't send a confirmation of the refund". Well...had another agent and he sent me a confirmation of the refund @:-)

Little did he know that his mail made the rebooking saga even more strange The e-mail had 3 pdf's attached: refund confirmation, exchanged e-ticket and...another CONFIRMED e-ticket for an eco flight in April from AMS to FCO... Anyway, it's on the "old" PNR which can't be found anymore via the AZ website. FYI, my original routing was FLR-FCO-NRT-DUS in July (enhanced to FLR-FCO-DUS/NRT-DUS).

These guys keep surprising me Unfortunately enough this doesn't process the refund faster as it should take max 30 days according to AZ but I should see the funds in the coming days. Don't think so
Did you receive your refund? I just randomly received an email from Alitalia saying my refund was processed on December 15th. Hopefully this means my refund will appear on my credit card soon.

Also, I called Orbitz last night to ask for a refund for the booking fee. They said they couldn't refund it but they could offer me a $25 voucher instead. I accepted it.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mcbg1
Did you receive your refund? I just randomly received an email from Alitalia saying my refund was processed on December 15th. Hopefully this means my refund will appear on my credit card soon.

Also, I called Orbitz last night to ask for a refund for the booking fee. They said they couldn't refund it but they could offer me a $25 voucher instead. I accepted it.
Affirmative, refund hit my CC last weekend AZ confirmed the refund so I hope you'll get yours soon. It's probably now between banks and most likely it will depend where you (and your bank) are based on this planet

Booking fee was refunded by Expedia.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA, AA, AZ, LH, O6, AF
The fare rules are very clear, at least mines in D class.

I have just started a legal procedure against Alitalia.

I'll keep you up-to-date.

In Europe, you can start a legal procedure against Alitalia, if you are not Italian.
This page describes how you can do (in Italian but there's google)

http://www.uniquevisitor.it/magazine...e-low-cost.php

Official page of EU procedure

https://e-justice.europa.eu/dynform_...true&refresh=1
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:59 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by diego980
The fare rules are very clear, at least mines in D class.

I have just started a legal procedure against Alitalia.

I'll keep you up-to-date.

In Europe, you can start a legal procedure against Alitalia, if you are not Italian.
This page describes how you can do (in Italian but there's google)

http://www.uniquevisitor.it/magazine...e-low-cost.php

Official page of EU procedure

https://e-justice.europa.eu/dynform_...true&refresh=1
So you didn't think our have a reasonable belief it was a mistake fare when you booked it?
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: FB Blue, BA EC Blue, HH, Etihad Silver
Had a flight booked for today, starting in Dusseldorf, booked with Ebookers Germany. I didn't get any notification from Alitalia or Ebookers. Checking my flights on the Ebookers website showed all the changes made by Alitalia though. So Ebookers should be aware as Alitalia obviously.

As half of my flights were removed by Alitalia I decided to call Ebookers yesterday. They speak German obviously but there was no problem to switch to English. I asked why they didn't notify me about the flight changes. The only answer I got was that their system don't have my email and that it was alitalia's job to do it. Than she added that I shouldn't check my itinary only one day before my flight. Which is rather rude in my opinion, especially as the Ebookers confirmation email states explicitly that you are set to travel an that no further confirmations are necessary.

She explained that a refund was the only option, which I didn't have a problem with. But than she told me that it would happen automatically by Alitalia. I didn't need to do anything. I replied that Ebookers took my money and not Alitalia (which is the case according to mu CC statement), so that it appeared strange to me that no action was necessary. How Alitalia should know where to send the money, I asked her. She just repeated that Alitalia was the one who charged my card.

Than she offered me to send me a confirmation email. Which I appreciated. I did get an email some minutes later. This was the text:

"I confirm that Alitalia had Problems and that you're flight is cancelled. you will get the fully refund but it will take 8- 10 days before the refund process will be done. Regards ...". No logo, no contact details nothing.

As most of the answers of the Ebookers CS where wrong or strange I decided to call Alitalia this morning. The ticket wasn't cancelled yet (thanks Ebookers), so they cancelled the ticket and confirmed it by email. The only 'problem' was that Alitalia could only see the amount I paid for the ticket, but couldn't see the payment of the Ebookers booking fee. Alitalia CS said they would find a way to refund these too.

So let's see what happens to the refund and for what amount. But both Alitalia and Ebookers Germany didn't score any bonus points with solving this, no notifications, no apologies, no prepared email regarding the refund

Mistakes are made everywhere, but fixing it in a smooth way is where you can make a difference.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.