Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2016, 4:41 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by teledude
Expedia are quoting minimum 2 weeks to refund the flight part - anyway to speed this up? Call the airline directly? Anyone got a UK number?

Thanks!
Mine was about 4 days to my Amex - Alitalia in the UK is 03336 665544
Old Dec 23, 2016, 4:45 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Refunds always depend on (your) issuing and (merchant) acquiring bank, nothing to do with Expedia and definitely nothing you can do to speed it up. As long as it it initiated, it's between the banks.
He was blaming Alitalia for the delay?
Old Dec 23, 2016, 7:38 am

Just got back to the UK and my personal phone had 32 voicemails from someone claiming to be expedia (booked with ebookers, part of the group).... mostly just dead air, but a few with messages telling me to call the airline directly.

So I called ebookers up to ask what's going on and similar to others in the thread, they no longer have control of the ticket.

What was super interesting is that in their system it says that I requested the changes. They told me that if I had requested the change with ebookers directly then they'd still have control of the ticket.

They also said that there is no record in the system of anyone attempting to call me from ebookers either.

Don't think I can be bothered to spend lots of time on the phone given the feedback from others here. I don't care about the tickets now as I've already rebooked, so will contact amex for a chargeback. But if anyone is fighting the fight, the fact that they're saying it was the customer who requested the change is incredibly shady behaviour.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 8:37 am
Suspended

Been a week since Alitalia told me they processed my refund and it still hasn't posted on my credit card. Hope it comes soon.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
I seem to be hitting a wall here. Alitalia and Expedia both say a refund is being processed but both claim the refund should come from the other. Went to the bank to request a chargeback and I'm told chargebacks don't exist as a procedure? looks like money will be taken from my account and given back who knows when ...
Old Dec 23, 2016, 8:52 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by mikk13
Expedia.de were easy to work with. I used facebook to contact them and it was refunded to my credit card 2 days later. I think her name was Lynn.

In germany they would not win if I were to pursue them in court, and lots of people have legal insurance here. My feeling is that they refunded the money asap because of this fact. It is possible that expedia are funding the refund and getting the money back from Alitalia later as they would be the ones dealing with the legal fall out.
Excellent. I also have one with expedia.de. But don't speak German. Did you post on their wall, or send a msg via FB?
Old Dec 23, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: DL GM, TK Elite+, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver, Accor Plat
Data point: Got a call from a UK number with German speaking Expedia agent a few days ago, explaining vaguely that only option was to cancel as per airline (including some nonsense about "eco price mistakenly filed"). My booking never ticketed due to another reason (certain AZ codeshare not operated despite in timetable), so I accepted. Full refund on CC posted almost immediately.
Expedia seem to want to get this off their desks ASAP.
I think there might be something worth exploring with regards to the legal situation in Germany. If I understand correctly, in case of error, AZ would have had the option to nullify/void the contract without delay. They didn't do that - they rebooked, meaning basically they delivered something else. Original contract still valid... I suppose the situation elsewhere in Europe might be similar.
Expedia might fear this could get messy soon, thus speeding up refunds...
Old Dec 23, 2016, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Just one tip: if your OTA say they cannot cancel/refund the ticket, it is because AZ has changed the status to 'E' for Exchanged. You can ask AZ to change the ticket status to 'O' for Open and then the OTA can touch it again.

It is worth to check/ask the current status the ticket has in Amadeus.

E = AZ has full control
O = OTA can do the refund

Hope this helps.

And no, I have no idea how to check the status other than asking the OTA or AZ.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 10:04 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Just one tip: if your OTA say they cannot cancel/refund the ticket, it is because AZ has changed the status to 'E' for Exchanged. You can ask AZ to change the ticket status to 'O' for Open and then the OTA can touch it again.
But it should really be the TA who gets AZ to do that. That's what a TA is there for, to deal with airlines etc.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by a9504477
But it should really be the TA who gets AZ to do that. That's what a TA is there for, to deal with airlines etc.
They are not TAs. Not really... They are reselling websites. It is not meant to start a debate on who should do what, but just a tip for people wanting to expedite the process.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 11:29 am

Booked 2x trips through ebookers. Called in today and canceled both trips for a full refund. No need for them to call AZ and no suggestion that I would need to reach out to them either. Was told refund will take 2-12 weeks to process
Old Dec 23, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by hirohito888
[.....] process the refund. He confirmed that refund was processed but the "system does not have the feature to send out a confirmation email" [....].
Originally Posted by mcbg1
Been a week since Alitalia told me they processed my refund and it still hasn't posted on my credit card. Hope it comes soon.
It's a bit less than a week for me but like many others I'm in the same situation as you are This afternoon I called AZ because I didn't have a lot of thrust in their promise to refund the money as they "couldn't send a confirmation of the refund". Well...had another agent and he sent me a confirmation of the refund @:-)

Little did he know that his mail made the rebooking saga even more strange The e-mail had 3 pdf's attached: refund confirmation, exchanged e-ticket and...another CONFIRMED e-ticket for an eco flight in April from AMS to FCO... Anyway, it's on the "old" PNR which can't be found anymore via the AZ website. FYI, my original routing was FLR-FCO-NRT-DUS in July (enhanced to FLR-FCO-DUS/NRT-DUS).

These guys keep surprising me Unfortunately enough this doesn't process the refund faster as it should take max 30 days according to AZ but I should see the funds in the coming days. Don't think so
Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:40 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Alitalia’s review of this matter indicates that several third party websites between December 10 and December 11, 2016, including but not limited to Fly4Free.com and SecretFlying.com, publicized the erroneously-priced itineraries and advised readers on how to book such travel via OTAs. Some of these websites advised readers to book “at your own risk,” noting that airlines may cancel tickets booked at an erroneous price.
Thank you bloggers, for ruining it for everybody. Straight from the dragon's mouth via the DOT.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by keitherson
Thank you bloggers, for ruining it for everybody. Straight from the dragon's mouth via the DOT.
Spin and spin....
Bloggers have always made these things more noticeable and therefore ends them sooner. They always "CYA" by having warnings.
This was fare rule error by AZ, the tickets were priced correctly according to the rules. I wish they would have canceled them. This re-routing is a new one for me.

Bottom line- we will see how this shakes out eventually.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps
Excellent. I also have one with expedia.de. But don't speak German. Did you post on their wall, or send a msg via FB?
Msg via facebook. The facebook girl can do it in english aswell

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.