Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2016, 3:52 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
^

The EF fiasco, together with my hopes for a much-deserved leisure flight after ~300 shockingly uninspiring business-related segments this year have sonorously faded away meaning that, while possibly better than some of the above-speculated scenarios (and, namely, romantic stopover in Dόsseldorf), I'm back to plainly tedious business, sitting in the LO lounge in WAW and awaiting a ~2-hour delayed LH flight to FRA, already conscious that the hopes of making it in time for my next flight are next-to-nil

G
AlicorporateUK - I guess this Trip Report might be just for you

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...a-cgn-waw.html

Available on our wonderful FT Trip Reports section...
Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Latest news I have is that Alitalia confirmed me; after I told them I was recording the call also; that eBookers/Expedia was hacked. I have asked eBookers/Expedia for an explanation if my personal data is in the open now......

I think if Alitalia is making such accusions if they are not true the OTA's should give a big middle finger back.

No problem if an airline admits a mistake and cancels in a NORMAL way. But if THEY fight; I can do that too.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by christravelblog
Latest news I have is that Alitalia confirmed me; after I told them I was recording the call also; that eBookers/Expedia was hacked. I have asked eBookers/Expedia for an explanation if my personal data is in the open now......

I think if Alitalia is making such accusions if they are not true the OTA's should give a big middle finger back.

No problem if an airline admits a mistake and cancels in a NORMAL way. But if THEY fight; I can do that too.
Absolute bs that the OTAs were "hacked". The fare was misfiled. The tAs were just using what was filed and offering it to customers.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Latest news I have is that Alitalia confirmed me; after I told them I was recording the call also; that eBookers/Expedia was hacked. I have asked eBookers/Expedia for an explanation if my personal data is in the open now.....
This is getting bizarre. What is AZ trying to pull?
Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:50 am
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
Again, does ANYBODY receive a written feedback from AlItalia with a reasoning for the cancellation? I am in contact with them via email but they always refer to the call centre. I have asked again to stay on paper.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 6:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

No you can't.... nobody in their right mind is going to court over such an insignificant amount knowing their chances are slim at best. You can shout and send a few e-mails and that's about it.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 6:11 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
You could try service@expedia.[DE/COM/CO.UK/etc]
Old Dec 21, 2016, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
No you can't.... nobody in their right mind is going to court over such an insignificant amount knowing their chances are slim at best. You can shout and send a few e-mails and that's about it.
It's not about the ticket anymore.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AZ is playing a psychological game. AZ doesn't want to, or cannot legally, cancel those tickets; they try to sow uncertainty into passengers so that they will request refund. They also make refund of re-routed itineraries difficult so that passengers will seek refund even for untouched itineraries.@:-) Pretty smart gaming yet I am not sure it will end up in AZ's favor.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 6:17 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Off course it is... otherwise it's even more foolish. But that's how these threads tend to end anyway.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 6:32 am

Programs: BAEC, MileagePlus
I don't think "you can't" is a valid answer. People can do whatever they want but what they are going to get out of that is another story.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by TPJ
AlicorporateUK - I guess this Trip Report might be just for you

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...a-cgn-waw.html

Available on our wonderful FT Trip Reports section...
Thanks, T - I had missed it (very interesting indeed)!

Not as hard-core as a good-old TLK's sleeper (or kind of ) service from Szklarska Poręba to Warszawa Wschodnia

G
Old Dec 21, 2016, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Shl
Again, does ANYBODY receive a written feedback from AlItalia with a reasoning for the cancellation? I am in contact with them via email but they always refer to the call centre. I have asked again to stay on paper.
I've a print by AZ's tickets counter with some details about my original ticket that says:

AZ FACTS
1. [...]
2. [...]
5. OSR OTHS /INV RER DUE TO SYS ERROR REFUND ALLOWED NN1
6. OST FARE ELIGIBLE BETWEEN EUROPE ONLY ***FULL REFUND AUTH
GENERAL FACTS
[...]
REMARKS
1. H-FARE ELIGIBLE BETWEEN EUROPE ONLY
2. H.PLS SUBMIT TKS FOR FULL REFUND THROUGH THE BSP LINK
Old Dec 21, 2016, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I ain't fighting this one out but I do believe that given some of the lies that have been told by AZ to certain members and the lack of information some might stand a chance. Who knows what they will get from it or if they will even succeed.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 7:18 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I was successful at having my original itinerary reinstated and reissued

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.