Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by ck_cologne
Travelup is surprisingly quiet.
My outbound got cancelled/rebooked and I did not get any update from them.
Does this mean that they are searching for a solution since UK consumers respectively their customers are protected under UK consumer act 75?
That would be a bummer
Travelup have not even notified me that my flights have changed. Wonder what would happen if I was not monitoring this thread and just assumed my flights were intact until I went to the airport.

I guess I will call them tomorrow but my impression is that they are a pretty amateur site. As my flights have been changed to a different date, I am just going to make that the main point rather than get into the whole routing discussion.

My comment to them will be that "the flights have been changed to a date that does not work for me", please refund within 3 working days or I will have to pursue a chargeback. Ultimately as far as I am concerned they are the ones who charged me so they are the ones who have to provide the refund.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 12:35 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
2x SEZ in Sept finally got screwed over.

One itinerary still outstanding, although I'm not holding out much hope for that one....
Old Dec 18, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Originally Posted by Enigma368
Travelup have not even notified me that my flights have changed. Wonder what would happen if I was not monitoring this thread and just assumed my flights were intact until I went to the airport.
Travelup and Orbitz did not even bother to send an email. Nothing.
Called Travelup and they immediately said I had to call AZ.
I answered with a polite no way, you deal with the airline and eventually the agent agreed to call me back and let me know. Never happened, and it was 2 days ago.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
Travelup and Orbitz did not even bother to send an email. Nothing.
Called Travelup and they immediately said I had to call AZ.
I answered with a polite no way, you deal with the airline and eventually the agent agreed to call me back and let me know. Never happened, and it was 2 days ago.
I'm not a legal expert but surely whoever you booked with and whoever charged you is liable to sort out a refund. If you buy a book from a bookstore and it is missing pages, you would not accept it if the book store washed their hands of it told you to contact the publisher for a refund.

Perhaps an imperfect analogy but still, OTAs charge us booking fees and get commission for basically acting as travel agents. If the airline has changed the booking, then as the travel agent we have booked with, they should resolve the matter with Alitalia.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 1:22 pm

Programs: HH
Originally Posted by TerryK
I am not sure if I follow. No one has reported having CX (160) stock, yours would be first. Also, you cannot have two ticket stocks as it is a one way fare with detour and can only be ticketed in one eticket with one stock. Baffling.
Yes, you are absolutely right. It is the same 055 stock.I saw CX+number in my mail from OTA and quickly jumped to conclusion, it means CX stock. However its still AZ. Cheers, friend!
Old Dec 18, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by Tmvx
Yes, you are absolutely right. It is the same 055 stock.I saw CX+number in my mail from OTA and quickly jumped to conclusion, it means CX stock. However its still AZ. Cheers, friend!
In which case, you're probably one of the many who have a lingering reservation on another airline (CX in your case), but no longer have a valid ticket for that reservation. CX will eventually clean it up / delete it.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
My September 055 HKG return has now been rerouted. Expedia.co.uk directed me to Alitalia where I spoke with a very rude gentleman who (eventually) referred me back to Expedia. Got the 2-12 week refund quote at the third attempt, but Amex were very helpful and have initiated a chargeback (well two chargebacks given Expedia charged both tickets on the same order separately).
Old Dec 18, 2016, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Expedia just offered me a full refund for a ticket end of October they say has been changed by the airline. It looks intact everywhere but hey, ho. That would be the last of the Machiavellis for me.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 2:07 pm

Programs: WP
If you can find the new e ticket number from all the other airline sites, you will see that e ticket now reflects what AZ has changed it to. If you have AF/KL flights, AF would show you the new ticket number using the AF/KL pnr in their MMB

AZ made it an even bigger mess by not cancelling the reservations outright.

Originally Posted by henkybaby
Expedia just offered me a full refund for a ticket end of October they say has been changed by the airline. It looks intact everywhere but hey, ho. That would be the last of the Machiavellis for me.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBS
The intern's working overtime - my booking just got cut down to a simple FLR-FCO-DUS, have already been changed once to knock out the first two AZ legs
Old Dec 18, 2016, 3:18 pm

Programs: AC MM
Just an update on the refund.
I had talked with Expedia on Thursday, December 15th and the refunds for the 2 tickets I purchased for me and my son have shown up on my AMEX yesterday evening, December 17th.
The full amount was credited back without any other charges and was credited by Alitalia.

I was told it would take 5 - 8 weeks but I think that AZ is just giving themselves a buffer in case it takes longer.

A big thank you to Alitalia and Expedia. Despite of having dealt with it somewhat odd, they kept their promise and have refunded the full amount. I am sure everyone will get their refunds as well rather sooner than later.

This was an exciting 8 days or so and while it didn't quite work out in our favor, it's been a great lesson and in the end this has worked out for the better - already made alternative flight arrangements with SQ instead.

Last edited by yvrcnx; Dec 18, 2016 at 3:57 pm
Old Dec 18, 2016, 3:35 pm

Where is the Businessclass?

Hi,
I didn´t read all of the thread but most.
My question is: where is the businessclass?
At the first part FLR-FCO there is no. That I already knowed when I booked. But on the second part I was rerouted to (FCO-DUS) there is no businessclass too.
The second part is with the Embraer 175, which has just "Economy|Comfort seat" (Alitalia name).
May this be the reason, why they try to cancel by our own? Because they know their reason -it was a businessclass flight FLR-DUS with one stop in FCO- is just a lie to cancel the legal flights?
----
there is an other post with nearly the same content from me (#3350). It need much time that the mod accept, I thougt it was deleted, so I posted again. Sry for confusion.

Last edited by Fling; Dec 18, 2016 at 3:59 pm Reason: double post
Old Dec 18, 2016, 4:46 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A gold, Skyteam elite plus, Hilton gold, SPG gold
Originally Posted by Danusa86
Booked on expedia.it to ICN.

FLR-FCO-ICN-AUH-DUS €602 not bad

On the way back it's a very long way back (20h layover in AUH), am I entitled to any perk such as arrivals lounge or hotel given the very long layover?

EY will only provide an stopover package if your layover is more than 2 days
Old Dec 18, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Fling
Hi,
I didn´t read all of the thread but most.
My question is: where is the businessclass?
At the first part FLR-FCO there is no. That I already knowed when I booked. But on the second part I was rerouted to (FCO-DUS) there is no businessclass too.
The second part is with the Embraer 175, which has just "Economy|Comfort seat" (Alitalia name).
May this be the reason, why they try to cancel by our own? Because they know their reason -it was a businessclass flight FLR-DUS with one stop in FCO- is just a lie to cancel the legal flights?
----
there is an other post with nearly the same content from me (#3350). It need much time that the mod accept, I thougt it was deleted, so I posted again. Sry for confusion.
There was no reason for AZ to lie. They just did it out of spite to make it more complicated for everyone. rather than just automatically cancel and refund like other mistake fares.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CDKing
There was no reason for AZ to lie. They just did it out of spite to make it more complicated for everyone. rather than just automatically cancel and refund like other mistake fares.
There must be a legal reason for AZ to re-route instead of cancel. They are creating more work for themselves as well. The fact that many have their OTA itineraries intact while tickets reissued, which may not have been intentional, may come back to haunt AZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.