Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Old Dec 16, 2016, 7:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by onlysuites
CMB to JFK via SYD and Europe on SQ, EK, TG & AZ. $600
Was that the 2008 one? I did that with a paper ticket issued by Expedia, ended up making three changes to it too. How times have changed.......

Spike
Old Dec 16, 2016, 9:18 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by keitherson
fixed for you.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first error fare where airlines have not cancelled the ticket, and just changed to whatever they felt like putting you on. And kept your money.
QR 'realised' we made a mistake booking say BKK to PNH flights via DOH and generously fixed that for us to direct flights
Old Dec 16, 2016, 9:29 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
a duplicate post
Old Dec 16, 2016, 9:29 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by Keter
QR 'realised' we made a mistake booking say BKK to PNH flights via DOH and generously fixed that for us to direct flights
Ohhh I remember that!! Except they emailed and gave us a choice.

Dear Customer,

Changes to Your Itinerary

You recently purchased a ticket at qatarairways.com for travel within South East Asia, including a transfer through Doha.

This itinerary through Doha was quoted to you for a price that is intended only for short haul direct flights in Asia. This happened due to an error in our system, outside the control of Qatar Airways.

If you did not realize the error prior to this email we would like to apologize for any inconvenience the incorrect routing display may have caused. We would like to offer you the following options to demonstrate our appreciation of your loyalty and understanding:

1/ For your convenience, we already rebooked you on the direct non-stop service to your destination, and would like to offer you 10 000 Qmiles as compensation to offset any inconvenience this may have caused. To have the miles credited, please confirm your Privilege Club membership number and reply to this email to opt in. Please note that miles will be credited after your flight is completed, and only one passenger per booking is eligible to receive the compensation.

2/ In case the new routing does not fit your travel needs, we would like to hereby apologize and offer a full refund on your ticket. To apply for the refund, please confirm in a reply to this email, or submit the refund request form at qatarairways.com/refund
Unfortunately we are unable to offer further compensation in this case.

3/ If you would still prefer to travel on your original itinerary through Doha, we hereby offer you a 15% discount on Business class, or 10% discount on Economy class. Please contact the Qatar Airways office in the country of your departure to make a new booking, and submit a refund request at qatarairways.com/refund

The discount is applicable on the lowest available net fare, excluding taxes and promotional fares, and miles will be credited to you based on regular class and tier eligibility.

Please note that you can only choose one of the three options from above, and you need to respond to this email within 28 days, otherwise the above offer will be withdrawn.

We would like to apologise again, and we look forward to welcoming you onboard soon.

Yours sincerely,

Qatar Airways Support
FYI, QR customer support is AWFUL but looks like they're still better than Alitalia!!!
Old Dec 16, 2016, 9:50 pm

The biggest thing is that you must check your new e-ticket from Alitalia and ensure that the new e-ticket has the other segments that you want to fly.

Your old one should have been voided, as you can check to see all flight coupons were "EXCHANGED" on Saudia's site.

You can't really rely on any PNRs because there's multiple e-tickets and Alitalia is not even cancelling segments or re-issuing e-tickets correctly.
Expedia is supposedly working on this, but did tell me that if I wanted refund, the request for cancellation and refund must come from me directly by calling Alitalia. There must be some legal standing that the request for refund has to be made by pax, and not initiated by Alitalia or OTA.

Anyone know anything about this. I can accept their change of flight, but concurrent with that, I requested the new date of Alitalia's altered flight to be after the date of the original inbound (back to DUS, that is).

In essence, I'm willing to accept a flip of outbound and inbound.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 10:50 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by tennislover9
Booked DUS-LHR-JFK-FCO-FLR on 055. JFK-FCO-FLR has been cancelled but AA/BA portion still in tact and ticketed.

I would gladly keep the one way biz fare.

I am assuming it wont be possible to check-in for this portion if part of the ticket has already been canceled?
I'm on the same boat. DUS-LHR-LAX still intact, return is cancelled. If it sticks, I'll keep the one leg.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by frebay
I'm on the same boat. DUS-LHR-LAX still intact, return is cancelled. If it sticks, I'll keep the one leg.
There may be something to this, where the first segment is not on Alitalia, and only the second segment is on Alitalia involving FLR. Alitalia may be unwilling or is unable on its own to alter the segments involving other airlines.

If a pax flies the first segment with other airlines, then it doesn't really matter what happens with the second segment involving Alitalia and FLR. Whereas if the pax does not fly a first segment involving Alitalia, that voids the second segment.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 11:13 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by frebay
Doesn't really help as the ticket likely has to be reissued, since it isn't matching your pnr.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 11:55 pm

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
So far on my three itins:

Outbound on AF cxld, only return JNB-DUS on LH remains. No rebooking out of FLR
Outbound on AF cxld, booked Via FCO on AZ. return DAR-DUS on LX remains.
Outbound on BA remains, Return booked next day via FCO on AZ.

Of these, I'd think only 1 and 3 are even remotely viable but IDK. Thoughts?
Old Dec 17, 2016, 12:01 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Is there any reports of people booking with Vayama? Haven't seen a single report. Don't know if that's a good thing or not.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 12:02 am

Programs: SQ Gold, VA Gold, Marritt Plat, HH Gold
So does anyone have any non-cancelled itineraries coming up in the next couple of weeks? Mine is still showing as unchanged on Saudia/Orbitz so I'm assuming it got missed, but curious to see if anyone is successful in actually flying it now that they are clearly well aware of it...
Old Dec 17, 2016, 12:28 am

Programs: CX DM
All my outbound flights got cancelled with AZ
Anyone with non 055 ticket is here to talk about their ticket status?
Old Dec 17, 2016, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by luist
So does anyone have any non-cancelled itineraries coming up in the next couple of weeks? Mine is still showing as unchanged on Saudia/Orbitz so I'm assuming it got missed, but curious to see if anyone is successful in actually flying it now that they are clearly well aware of it...
Me.. part of me wishes they would just cancel it so I won't have to deal with the stress of the possibility of denied boarding, but on the other hand I'd really like to fly!
All part of the game, I know. Hopefully we'll have some info on successfully completed trips in the coming weeks.

Edit: cancelled 20 min after posting

Last edited by jeroen100; Dec 17, 2016 at 2:56 am
Old Dec 17, 2016, 1:00 am

fixed for you.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first error fare where airlines have not cancelled the ticket, and just changed to whatever they felt like putting you on. And kept your money.
Dream on...

ET phoned home in coach instead of booked and confirmed business class.

So did AB, also an EY funded carrier in financial troubles.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by maudline9
I saw a product and I booked it, no such thing as error fare in my mind
Playing the error fare game is always fun, reading the discussions that follow is even more entertaining.
On the other hand, it's so demoralizing knowing how much hypocrisy is out there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.