Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 18, 17, 4:12 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: irishguy28
Wiki Link
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 16, 16, 3:18 pm

Programs: Asia Miles/Aeroplan
For those who booked on Expedia.ca, this may be helpful:

Just spent ~3 hours calling Expedia.ca/AZ multiple times and finally got a full refund (of course it'll take up to 8 weeks to get the money back), long story short, you need to call AZ first and retrieve the new ticket number (the one issued after they modified the flight, i.e. FLR-FCO-DUS), and then contact Expedia.ca, give agent the new ticket number, tell the agent it's fully refundable, and if there's any confusion, contact AZ for further instruction. Follow this route, hopefully you'll get it done within an hour (instead of 3). Good luck!
Old Dec 16, 16, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by yvrcnx View Post
Some information for those of you who are wanting to do a charge back. I just spoke with AMEX (Canada) after I was told that refund will take anywhere between 5 - 8 weeks to see if a charge back is even an option and in this case it was not, at least not for me, especially since Expedia said that AZ will refund within 5 - 8 weeks.

The only time I can start proceedings for a charge back is if after 8 weeks no refund has been given yet.

This might be different in every country and it's just information I received. Obviously I would have preferred a refund rather sooner than later but will just have to wait it out and hope AZ will keep their word and actually refund it.
Two of us with a British issued Amex have already got a refund (or, better, the charge reinstated back to the account from Amex)

G
Old Dec 16, 16, 3:21 pm

Programs: AC MM E50, KLM Silver
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK View Post
Two of us with a British issued Amex have already got a refund

G
Congratulations! Let's hope it doesn't actually take 5 - 8 weeks.
Old Dec 16, 16, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by yvrcnx View Post
Congratulations!
It's all thanks to Brexit

G
Old Dec 16, 16, 3:28 pm

Programs: AC MM E50, KLM Silver
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK View Post
It's all thanks to Brexit

G
Glad to hear Brexit is working in your and hopefully everyone elses favour in the UK.
Old Dec 16, 16, 3:36 pm

2 days later finally spoke to someone who knew what they are talking about at Expedia and got my refund processed via Alitlia. 2-10 weeks wait!

Can someone help me with the load factor for EY460 to MEL on 31st Dec? Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 16, 16, 3:45 pm

Alitalia took an interest-free loan from us
Old Dec 16, 16, 4:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum AMB, PrivilegeClub Gold
Got two bookings through expedia.nl, NRT (Florence-Rome-Milan-NRT cancelled, return flight on ANA intact) and KOR (untouched, September). Got cancellation notice from OTA, called them, they referred me to Alitalia; called Alitalia, they referred me back to Expedia. Called Expedia, they said the supervisor is in talks with Alitalia, they can't do anything, I have to wait. They said they have around 50 cases like that.They're suppose to contact me ASAP.

I've been charged on my Visa by Alitalia S.P.A, Alitalia claims they did not charge my card, it was Expedia. A real comedy. Gonna wait a week for information from Expedia and if no solution is given I'll try a chargeback.

I'm tempted to escalate the case to consumer ombudsman, I have all the time in the world to play with it, and Alitalia's unprofessionalism pisses me off.

PS. Even Alitalia call centre in Poland outsources to Ukraine, cheap .......s.
Old Dec 16, 16, 4:19 pm

Programs: *A Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Ryanair Platinum
Originally Posted by henkybaby View Post
Expedia send me an email saying that the flights that have changed are under full control of AZ and that they don't allow a refund and I have to contact AZ myself....

They did fully refund the flights that haven't been touched by AZ, so if you want to ensure you get your money back 'quickly' you may be better of not waiting for AZ to touch them. At this point I hold little hope that AZ will 'miss' certain bookings, so I will cancel them the last one too.

I will contact my credit card company (AMEX) tomorrow to initiate a charge back, but in NL that is more difficult than in the US for instance.

It is a game where you sometimes lose and sometimes win, but the handling of this one is pretty bad IMHO.
I did ask Expedia about my second booking (for october) that hasn't been touched yet which was confirmed by the agent. I asked to refund as per the booking rules but he said they weren't allowed to because that flight also was booking through Alitalia.

Blew my mind. Booking was untouched but just because it had an alitalia segment he said he wasn't allowed to touch it .
Old Dec 16, 16, 4:22 pm

BECAUSE THIS IS AN ERROR-FARE, THERE IS ALWAYS THE SMALL CHANCE THE AIRLINE MAY CANCEL THE TICKET.

Eat. This.
Old Dec 16, 16, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K (2MM),AS MVP Gold 75K, AA Exec Plat, BA Gold, DL Plat Medallion, MH Enrich Platinum
The Intern is on September!
Just have 2 tickets in Sept (Expedia.co.uk) - now missing DUS-VIE-ADD segments.

Lost 5, 3 left.
Old Dec 16, 16, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by Estratos View Post
I'm tempted to escalate the case to consumer ombudsman, I have all the time in the world to play with it, and Alitalia's unprofessionalism pisses me off.

PS. Even Alitalia call centre in Poland outsources to Ukraine, cheap .......s.
Most call centres are now outsourced And we're all in [more-or-less] the same situation with refunds. Getting peed off knowing the risks you were facing beforehand will not help, get a proper hobby with all the time in the world, some fresh air, go for a run.

G
Old Dec 16, 16, 4:58 pm

Programs: BACE gold
"If you’re not getting anywhere

You can report your issue to the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) if the airline doesn’t give you what you’re entitled to.

PACT (the CAA's Passenger Advice and Complaints Team) will only consider your complaint if the airline or airport involved is not a member of an approved alternative dispute resolution (ADR) body."

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/holiday-cancellations-and-compensation/if-your-flights-delayed-or-cancelled/
Old Dec 16, 16, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by meowycrystal View Post
"If you’re not getting anywhere

You can report your issue to the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) if the airline doesn’t give you what you’re entitled to.

PACT (the CAA's Passenger Advice and Complaints Team) will only consider your complaint if the airline or airport involved is not a member of an approved alternative dispute resolution (ADR) body."

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...-or-cancelled/
Just to clarify, any complaints will have, in case, to be directed to the local civil aviation authority (e.g. ENAC in Italy) as the CAA as such (in the UK) will not be able to handle any case like that. So for a flight originating from FLR the complaint will have to go through ENAC I believe, same for the local authority in Germany etc.

G
Old Dec 16, 16, 5:24 pm

Programs: IHG Spire RA; Flying Blue Platinum, several others at not highest tier
They are at the end of August; maybe early Sept now.

Search this Thread