Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by tennislover9
Going back in history what was the best "error fare" that the masses jumped on that was honored?
BA's $20 WT+ USA-Europe roundtrips?
Old Dec 16, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by tennislover9
Going back in history what was the best "error fare" that the masses jumped on that was honored?
RTW on CX, LH, NH & UA in C for 960€ ... 2015
Old Dec 16, 2016, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Expedia send me an email saying that the flights that have changed are under full control of AZ and that they don't allow a refund and I have to contact AZ myself....

They did fully refund the flights that haven't been touched by AZ, so if you want to ensure you get your money back 'quickly' you may be better of not waiting for AZ to touch them. At this point I hold little hope that AZ will 'miss' certain bookings, so I will cancel them the last one too.

I will contact my credit card company (AMEX) tomorrow to initiate a charge back, but in NL that is more difficult than in the US for instance.

It is a game where you sometimes lose and sometimes win, but the handling of this one is pretty bad IMHO.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 1:38 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriott Platinum, OZ Gold
Cancellations and refunds all were all confirmed with expedia.com. 8 weeks to process. Onto the next deal.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
Weird change, not canceled just delayed

I just got an email about my second and final booking (the first already had the outbound leg cut).

Via expedia.de originally I had booked

April 14 FLR-FCO-AMM all on AZ (Arrive around 14:00 on the 14th)
May 7 LHR-AMS-DUS all on KL

They just changed the outbound leg to

April 14 FLR-FCO-AMM but all the flights were later and arrive at 03:00am on the 15th.

What do you guys think are they just trying to make it more painful? Why would they not just cancel?
__________________________________________________ __________
On the email there is a button to
Accept changes

Please also inform your fellow travelers about this travel plan change.

If you do not agree with the changes and would like to be recalled by Expedia.de, click on the link below. One of our travel experts will call you by telephone within 24 to 48 hours to discuss the flight options with you.
__________________________________________________ ________
Old Dec 16, 2016, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by alexwuk
BA's $20 WT+ USA-Europe roundtrips?
Alitalia YYZ-LCA biz
Old Dec 16, 2016, 2:08 pm

This routing looks quite weird to be honest. If you paid 6-700 euros to fly it probably Alitalia is happy not to cancel it...
Old Dec 16, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
If Alitalia can and only does cancel the AZ marketed/operated codeshares, will the rest of the itinerary stay intact?

Right now they can only change their own flights and mess around with the e-ticket, in hopes that people will cancel.

Can we actually just position ourselves to catch our now "open jaw" flights?

Does anyone have a long enough from FCO-DUS to catch their other flight in time? Or get Alitalia to push the flights back?
Old Dec 16, 2016, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by bison1847
Weird change, not canceled just delayed

I just got an email about my second and final booking (the first already had the outbound leg cut).

Via expedia.de originally I had booked

They just changed the outbound leg to

April 14 FLR-FCO-AMM but all the flights were later and arrive at 03:00am on the 15th.

What do you guys think are they just trying to make it more painful? Why would they not just cancel?
__________________________________________________ __________
On the email there is a button to
Accept changes

Please also inform your fellow travelers about this travel plan change.

If you do not agree with the changes and would like to be recalled by Expedia.de, click on the link below. One of our travel experts will call you by telephone within 24 to 48 hours to discuss the flight options with you.
__________________________________________________ ________
Are you sure your original itinerary stated 2PM? AMM has historically always been a late evening service, arriving 2AM. Funnily enough, we do go quite often with work and we recently got an internal e-mail from the corporate TA saying that the arrival time has changed from 2 to 3AM, from March 26th. In your own case, I think it's just a minor amendment.

G
Old Dec 16, 2016, 2:43 pm

With so many running for the refund door... I certainly hope there is people willing to stand their ground on this one.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson
If Alitalia can and only does cancel the AZ marketed/operated codeshares, will the rest of the itinerary stay intact?

Right now they can only change their own flights and mess around with the e-ticket, in hopes that people will cancel.

Can we actually just position ourselves to catch our now "open jaw" flights?

Does anyone have a long enough from FCO-DUS to catch their other flight in time? Or get Alitalia to push the flights back?
That's what I had Expedia ask Alitalia, ie to position the Alitalia altered outbound to a date later than the original inbound, so that now the original inbound becomes the new outbound without change and goes to DUS, and the new inbound which was set by Alitalia also goes to DUS, but with a date that I accept. I'm able to make that new schedule work for me.

Expedia is trying to work that out with Alitalia.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 2:56 pm

Programs: some
Just spent 1h+ on the phone with big o. They are absolutely clueless about what's going on and investigating now with AZ. What a brilliant soap opera :-)
Old Dec 16, 2016, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by verve
What a brilliant soap opera :-)
That is a good way to describe it.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by pr0digy25
With so many running for the refund door... I certainly hope there is people willing to stand their ground on this one.
Treacherous when the ground you are standing on is quicksand
Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:13 pm

Programs: AC MM
Some information for those of you who are wanting to do a charge back. I just spoke with AMEX (Canada) after I was told that refund will take anywhere between 5 - 8 weeks to see if a charge back is even an option and in this case it was not, at least not for me, especially since Expedia said that AZ will refund within 5 - 8 weeks.

The only time I can start proceedings for a charge back is if after 8 weeks no refund has been given yet.

This might be different in every country and it's just information I received. Obviously I would have preferred a refund rather sooner than later but will just have to wait it out and hope AZ will keep their word and actually refund it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.