Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Silver
August flights changed. Calling Expedia...
Old Dec 16, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
This error fare has been a godsend.
Darwinian selection for the next one, as it seems nervous breakdown is jeopardizing lives of many here who jumped on it and now are crying the (quite smart) backfire said airline is putting into place.

Not sure what you expect when you buy an error fare with a galaxy of OTAs in the middle.

Just guys make sure NOT to jump on the next EF. Thanks.
I don't really see many people having nervous breakdowns or crying

What's "smart" about said Airlines conduct in messing up itinieries and complicating things rather than just refunding??
Old Dec 16, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Originally Posted by happeemonkee
I don't really see many people having nervous breakdowns or crying

What's "smart" about said Airlines conduct in messing up itinieries and complicating things rather than just refunding??
Make you sweat for it.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 9:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Etxebas
August flights changed. Calling Expedia...
Booked it with Expedia.es. On the phone with them at the moment and the agent doesn't have a clue of what is going on.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: AC MM
Darwinian selection for the next one, as it seems nervous breakdown is jeopardizing lives of many here who jumped on it and now are crying the (quite smart) backfire said airline is putting into place.

Not sure what you expect when you buy an error fare with a galaxy of OTAs in the middle.

Absolutely agree with regards to not jump on the next EF. I do think that quite a few just didn't know what exactly could be involved when purchasing an EF, which was the case in my case as well. I thought that it was more black and white, they either accept it or just cancel it and refund the ticket since they are not providing the service paid for but obviously it's much more complex than that.
Learnt a lot this last week and won't be buying any EF again, it just isn't worth the headaches.

No bad feelings really towards AZ, just wish it was handled a little better with the cancellations and refunds but that's what it is right now and not much we can do.

Just waiting for my refund now and purchasing a good old normal airline ticket for my trip next summer. :-)
Old Dec 16, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec

This is my fourth one. It will not be the last. Sorry to disappoint.

PS
I lost nothing, I didn't hold breath. I just dislike bad customer service, as in juggling responsibility or giving incorrect answers and NOT in cancelling tickets. How can this can qualify as breakdown...
Old Dec 16, 2016, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by yvrcnx
Absolutely agree with regards to not jump on the next EF. I do think that quite a few just didn't know what exactly could be involved when purchasing an EF, which was the case in my case as well. I thought that it was more black and white, they either accept it or just cancel it and refund the ticket since they are not providing the service paid for but obviously it's much more complex than that.
Learnt a lot this last week and won't be buying any EF again, it just isn't worth the headaches.

No bad feelings really towards AZ, just wish it was handled a little better with the cancellations and refunds but that's what it is right now and not much we can do.
Yes, that's how it was in the early days.
Unfortunately things have changed and airlines now hardly retreat without a punch, at least when J is involved. General feeling of customer protection seems gearing in their favor lately.

Personally looking at the lobbying now in the EU Parliament I even wonder how they manage to snag the EU261. While it lasts.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 9:59 am

Didn't bother calling AZ or any OTA I just called my CC and disputed every transaction for that period from these blood suckers
Old Dec 16, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Originally Posted by maudline9
Anyone telling about there ticket status at this point won't fly, AZ is monitoring this thread and will hunt down your tickets.
All my tickets are gone @alitalia
Old Dec 16, 2016, 10:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Elite, AB Gold, Iberia Plata, Best Western Rewards Platinum
So I've been reading all 211 pages of this popcorn deserving thread. I have no tickets, but on Monday when reports were coming through of people flying, I was kicking myself for not having bought one.

1. AZ- Having dealt with a Non EF ticket refund with AZ (J class cancelled) in the past year with them and still waiting for a refund (they actually charged me an additional 10 euro to process the cancellation), it is probably one of the last airlines I will fly.
2. Regarding all the posts here, why don't we all do something about it. The evidence shows that the fare was correct (and this is being inferred by the FLR-FCO-DUS rebooking), but the routing or fare rules were "incorrect". I am not sure the legality of this. If for example you were to make a Mistake of booking a ticket, as you have no recourse to cancel or change flights without penalty, the airline should not be allowed to change the fare rules without a penalty either (easily overcome by T&C's that airline impose, but I suppose if there is something worth fighting for out of this, it could be this)
3. The other thing is that AZ did realise something was wrong, and pulled FLR_DUS on Saturday, DUS-FLR on sunday and well the back to back was still available. This does not make sense, and will surely go in favour of the people holding tickets. You cannot simply state that oh I realised these mistakes in a 24hr interval.
4. AZ obviously has a new J product which is good. I just feel the way they have handled this has REALLY taken away a good opportunity. If they had rebooked everyone to a FLR_DUS ticket and then offered a 200Euro AZ voucher for Online use only, they would've actually had a LARGE number of converts, switchers and overall less headache. Mind you this is equal to customer acquisition costs in some instances.

5. My point being. I have used Ec261 in the past for some disputes and it really protects the consumer. I always wanted to start a gofund me page and set up a legal team to start adding more under the EU261 and similar regulatory guidelines. For example right to change mind in 24hrs, no fee name changes and things like the loopholes AZ is using here.

If everyone here just paid what they paid the OTA's in fees, we'd be well on our way to having a united front! Just saying!
Old Dec 16, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL PM
Booked DUS-LHR-JFK-FCO-FLR on 055. JFK-FCO-FLR has been cancelled but AA/BA portion still in tact and ticketed.

I would gladly keep the one way biz fare.

I am assuming it wont be possible to check-in for this portion if part of the ticket has already been canceled?
Old Dec 16, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by maudline9
Didn't bother calling AZ or any OTA I just called my CC and disputed every transaction for that period from these blood suckers
"every transaction" implying more than one at a rate that you knew was an error results in the airline being the one called "blood suckers"

This thread continues to entertain me.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by M17SST
"every transaction" implying more than one at a rate that you knew was an error results in the airline being the one called "blood suckers"

This thread continues to entertain me.
^
Old Dec 16, 2016, 10:12 am

Programs: BAEC
Chased Expedia as I didn't get a callback yesterday. They have consulted with Alitalia and are now sending my case to their internal escalation team and I'll hear back within 72 hours.

Again, Expedia have been very good at dealing query - I think they've done themselves great credit. I still don't imagine the final result will be in my favour but my dream lives on for another 3 days.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: AC MM
Was just on the phone with Expedia an hour and half. They had numerous calls with AZ and finally AZ told them that a refund will be issued directly to my credit card but it would take at least 5 - 8 weeks due to the backlog of refunds AZ has.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.