Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 18, 17, 4:12 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: irishguy28
Wiki Link
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 16, 16, 7:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Go Fish
Just had another call from expedia, the same gentleman from indian call centre who called earlier; he said he is now ready to process the refund, asked for a few details, and said it should hit my credit card in max 3 days. So far very good service had from expedia, shambles from AZ.
Old Dec 16, 16, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Alitalia Freccia Alata, 9 stamps on my Caffè Nero card.
Originally Posted by nufnuf77 View Post
Just had another call from expedia, the same gentleman from indian call centre who called earlier; he said he is now ready to process the refund, asked for a few details, and said it should hit my credit card in max 3 days. So far very good service had from expedia, shambles from AZ.
Was that ExpediaUK?
Old Dec 16, 16, 7:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by AAtticus View Post
Was that ExpediaUK?
Yes
Old Dec 16, 16, 8:07 am

Booked on expedia.

Earlier this week got my initial AZ section rerouted as FLR-FCO-DUS and then shortly cancelled at all. Now left with orphan non-AZ section which as many here stated would presumably die albeit still showing as confirmed.

As per expedia's emails the whole change was AZ's intervention.

Haven't contacted anyone yet, curious to see how things progress as expedia seems to be very aware of what's happening.

Last edited by preeze; Dec 16, 16 at 11:13 am
Old Dec 16, 16, 8:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC Green, DL Gold, TG ROP Gold, TK Elite
My booking for late-July FLR-FCO-AUH-KUL (AZ/EY) has just been cancelled. Expedia informed via email that AZ cancelled the flights. No alternative routing made.

The return in Aug BKK-NRT-DUS (NH) appears to be intact for now.
Old Dec 16, 16, 8:22 am

Programs: UA 1K (2MM),AS MVP Gold 75K, AA Exec Plat, BA Gold, DL Plat Medallion, MH Enrich Platinum
Expedia.com has been very good.
I have multiple tickets- #1 was cancelled by AZ, #2 was exchanged. Switched to "call center" and agent called AZ to cancel and called me back to confirm. #3 & #4 are still intact so I am leaving for now. I have Expedia.de ticket which I cannot speak German and emailed them 2x without reply. Call Center unable to pull up .de ticket but got an English speaking agent from Germany on the phone. His comments "I had a great RTW ticket but unfortunately not going to be able to use it." Expedia.de charged by credit card on this one. He has confirmed canceled for full refund.

Now have 1 non-055 and 1 Ebookers.uk to see what happens too.

Expedia.de said 5000 tickets sold and being canceled.

Last edited by zebranz; Dec 16, 16 at 8:37 am
Old Dec 16, 16, 8:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Originally Posted by keitherson View Post
That's ridiculous. The fact that business practices like this are allowed reflects poorly on Italy as an entire country.
Nonsense, all fifteen of Opodo's country-specific websites have expensive premium numbers for their customer service.

Last edited by Pat89339; Dec 16, 16 at 9:02 am Reason: TOS 12
Old Dec 16, 16, 8:25 am

so I see a few of you as well booked with travelup. Anyone hear anything from them? Gonna give them til Monday as i fly the week after next.
Old Dec 16, 16, 8:26 am
DVT

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by London Dude View Post
Nonsense, all fifteen of Opodo's country-specific websites have expensive premium numbers for their customer service.

Honestly only an utter moron would make a flight reservation (and a "risky" one based on an error fare at that) on a foreign-language website.
Especially when this particular fare did work from e.g. Expedia UK - there was no need to book from .it or .de

My understanding is that people clicked through links from blogs and booked without thinking they could have tried .uk or their local language version.
Old Dec 16, 16, 8:30 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Platinum
So in the midst of all these cancellations... what about those who had a connect in the US and/or ticketed it on 006 or 001 stock? I have no stake but just curious...
Old Dec 16, 16, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by topcat_dcx View Post
So in the midst of all these cancellations... what about those who had a connect in the US and/or ticketed it on 006 or 001 stock? I have no stake but just curious...
My 055 has just been routed onto the famous route.

My non-055 is still safe - fingers crossed!

Last edited by rossmacd; Dec 16, 16 at 8:43 am
Old Dec 16, 16, 8:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
July has been breached!! Watch out August September, October and November.

They're coming for you

Just spoke to Ebookers UK asking for a refund and they put me on hold while they spoke to Alitalia. 20 minutes later the exasperated Ebookers agent said he managed finally to get to the right department at Alitalia but they told him they are having IT problems at the moment and to call back later.

What a shambolic company
Old Dec 16, 16, 8:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA View Post
so I see a few of you as well booked with travelup. Anyone hear anything from them? Gonna give them til Monday as i fly the week after next.
I had a call with travelup, absolutely useless and unhelpful agent, told me to call AZ, I refused, said I will do charge back, he tried to explain, but I said I have a contract with them, but they were unwilling to refund, so I called my card issuer and initiated charge-back.
Old Dec 16, 16, 8:40 am

Programs: Avios
cancelled tix

My flights to Tokyo were cancelled but like everyone else the NRT to DUS on ANA remained. A friend called Expedia IT for me and they instructed her to call Alitalia. They told her that Expedia are legally bound to offer a full refund, or offer a similar ticket for the same price. She is calling Expedia now so will see what happens.
Old Dec 16, 16, 8:40 am

Anyone telling about there ticket status at this point won't fly, AZ is monitoring this thread and will hunt down your tickets.

Search this Thread