Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:37 am

Is there any news from people who have been told by Expedia, that they debating a solution with AZ? Or is refund now the only option?

Expedia.dk would only refund, so I wanna wait and see what other departments come up with
Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:38 am

Has anyone managed to call expedia.it and got to speak to someone in English. Have tried calling and can't get pass the main menu
Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:39 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by McMarty
Has anyone managed to call expedia.it and got to speak to someone in English. Have tried calling and can't get pass the main menu
Can't you call their American / English line?
Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by Mict
Can't you call their American / English line?
As stated upthread several times, they will not be able to help (one has to call the most appropriate, in terms of country website through which the booking was made, customer service department).

G
Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by maxvor
While I do agree that prematurely blaming AZ without knowing technical internals feels a bit wrong ...
Sorry but I never stated that. I was just pointing out some technical elements that the poster does not seemed to be aware of.

I have not the slightest intention of defending AZ's position in this, au contraire.

The way AZ is (mis)managing this situation is dubious and on all levels, towards all involved parties.

Re the refund and the ping pong: the proces is subject to what OTA and the carrier agree upon. Technically when a carrier takes control of the ticket, they can process the cancellation and the refund. But they still can ask the OTA to proceed. I've had experiences with both ways.

I would recommend to call AZ if that is what the OTA requires but if AZ would send you back to the OTA, then just ask them to attach a note to your booking that OTA is allowed to cancel for a full refund. Somebody already posted that by the way.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:52 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
The usual, world-class, outstanding customer service experience through Amex Gold UK -
Wow, that's a truly impressive reply. It's good to know that some companies still know how to treat customers.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
Wow, that's a truly impressive reply. It's good to know that some companies still know how to treat customers.
Indeed - and I had only sent them a relatively brief e-mail, stating that my booking was changed without any prior notice, with an itinerary that didn't reflect at all what I had previously booked; I also told them that both the OTA & the airline were playing hide-and-seek games and that I was concerned about wasting time (and money, needless to say). I've been with Amex for nearly 20 years now and that's not the first time I come across such impeccable, exemplary service. Ah, well - I can carry on with my work-from-home day now

G
Old Dec 16, 2016, 4:02 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Originally Posted by Sebz4n
Is there any news from people who have been told by Expedia, that they debating a solution with AZ? Or is refund now the only option?

Expedia.dk would only refund, so I wanna wait and see what other departments come up with
I called Expedia UK on their customer services number around 1am last night after an evening in the pub, fully expecting no-one to answer as they closed at 8.30pm. But someone did answer, and he was the most competent of anyone I've spoken to at Expedia. After a 10 minute hold, the advice was "sit tight, we've got lots of these and we're talking to Alitalia to find the best set of solutions. We'll call you back within 48 hours".

I'm not expecting to fly the two butchered itineraries but open to see what they suggest.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 4:04 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A gold, Skyteam elite plus, Hilton gold, SPG gold
Originally Posted by kingstontoon
I called Expedia UK on their customer services number around 1am last night after an evening in the pub, fully expecting no-one to answer as they closed at 8.30pm. But someone did answer, and he was the most competent of anyone I've spoken to at Expedia. After a 10 minute hold, the advice was "sit tight, we've got lots of these and we're talking to Alitalia to find the best set of solutions. We'll call you back within 48 hours".

I'm not expecting to fly the two butchered itineraries but open to see what they suggest.
I have the same answer but still not answer from expedia
Old Dec 16, 2016, 4:14 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
It sounds like they have only rebooked travel on 055 tickets with initial departure dates of May or earlier. Anyone see a later itinerary changed yet?
Are they pausing, only doing the first 6 months now? Or did the intern go take a nap?
Old Dec 16, 2016, 4:16 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Just got the promised call back from expedia, but they still have no update for my bookings. Been told to wait as they are still liaising with the airline.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 4:16 am

Programs: *G
June has been changed
Old Dec 16, 2016, 4:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I used my Tesco Credit Card for these purchases and they too were equally as helpful as AMEX. I gave them a brief overview of the situation and the buck-passing between the OTAs and Alitalia. They just wanted me to email them the original and (Alitalia) revised itineraries and they would do the necessary their side.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 4:25 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
My suspicion is that Expedia doesn't like how this is currently playing out.

They are currently being made to look bad and are having to dedicate a lot of time and resources to fixing AZ's F-up.

Theoretically, if Expedia told AZ, "stop messing with the tickets and honour Expedia customers' original itineraries, or we pull the line and stop doing business with you". How do you think AZ would react?

Can AZ afford to live without Expedia?

Would Expedia buy themselves an enormous amount of customer goodwill as well as avoiding the operational nightmare which they are currently faced with?
Old Dec 16, 2016, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by studentCPH
June has been changed

Same here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.