Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2016, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps
Best suggestion yet. You are truly someone who understands this new world we live in...

#I voted for HRC
A woman's place is in the White House! ^
Old Dec 16, 2016, 2:58 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps
Are all Expedia call centers the same? If booked on the .de site, can the NL or co.uk site assist me?
No. They don't see each others reservations.

Ps. Now on the phone with Amex for an Iberia error fare cancelled by IB but they forgot to refund the 20,41€ credit card fee (4 weeks later)
Old Dec 16, 2016, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by keitherson
If there's one thing the last decade has shown under any administration, it's that the Italians can be bought. That is, after all, how Emirates flies JFK-MXP-DXB with full fifth freedom rights; why Etihad has 49% in Alitalia; why Qatar has 49% of Meridiana.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

The US used to be the champion of free trade - but they never opened up their air markets to foreigners in the way that most of the rest of the world has (admittedly, even in Europe to a limited extent).

But the US consumer ends up paying for higher fares as a result, so the airlines are happy. That is, until they next have to apply for Chapter 11!
Old Dec 16, 2016, 2:59 am

I hope Alitalia has a good explanation for the DOT when the complaints go in when they start canceling the fares touching the US.
You look so confident. I am among the others who booked the UA Danish EF. I don't remember to be fully protected by DOT. On the contrary I remember that DOT fully protect the lobby of the airlines in many occasions. Are you trying to make a war to whole Italy due to this AZ error fare? By the way you are right we had Berlusconi two decades ago but you have Trump now
After all Italy, beside politics and AZ, it's not so bad, trust me.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:02 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
As i see many postings indicating people being bounced between OTAs and AZ - if i book through an OTA i expect everything being handled by them and not have to deal with the airline. It's the OTA's job to do that if necessary and it's the OTA's job to sort out the refund. If they don't then i have a sufficient case to contact the credit card company to instigate a chargeback. Is my reasoning wrong?
Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by keitherson
Everyone deserves and should write about their canceled bookings. If you don't want to read it, then go somewhere else.
Have another read:

Originally Posted by bivinco
Please to all, do not write about not canceled bookings.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:06 am

Called Expedia.ca regarding cancelled first sectors (FLR- FCO - AUH - MEL)... An agent spoke to Alitalia on my behalf which then instigated Alitalia to send through a new e-ticket routed FLR - FCO - DUS rtn (x2) on the spot.

The Expedia agent got back to me and offered me a full refund. After 40 minutes I got bounced to a supervisor who said she can only get through to a voicemail and tried the three numbers she has for Alitalia's ticketing dept!

Expedia opened a case (to contact Alitalia on my behalf) and said she would call me back in 72hrs... I then called my Australia CC company and opened a transaction dispute for 'Services not rendered (retailer unable or unwilling to provide purchased services).

Note to self - Avoid Alitalia on all grounds from here on in. Lousy bunch.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:08 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Originally Posted by a9504477
As i see many postings indicating people being bounced between OTAs and AZ - if i book through an OTA i expect everything being handled by them and not have to deal with the airline. It's the OTA's job to do that if necessary and it's the OTA's job to sort out the refund. If they don't then i have a sufficient case to contact the credit card company to instigate a chargeback. Is my reasoning wrong?
I would do the same.
Remember to save and print proof of the changes and fax them.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:12 am

@irishguy28 -

irishguy28 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
Frantic activity there! Would you please proceed as per above

G
Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:17 am

Programs: Miles & More, FlyingBlue, Iberia Plus Gold
I am so jealous of you guys getting chargebacks so easily. I have tried this 2-3 times in the part when airlines decided to play nasty: downgrade me or keep my money for months. Mastercard Belgium's answer is basically always the same "we understand there is a commercial dispute between you and company XXX, therefore we cannot do anything as we can only process a chargeback in case of technical problems or fraud on a transaction. You need to sort the dispute yourself. Bye thank you".

I might as well cancel all my Mastercards and get an Amex if you say they are much better at protecting consumers
Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:20 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by irishguy28
You say that like it's a bad thing.

The US used to be the champion of free trade - but they never opened up their air markets to foreigners in the way that most of the rest of the world has (admittedly, even in Europe to a limited extent).

But the US consumer ends up paying for higher fares as a result, so the airlines are happy. That is, until they next have to apply for Chapter 11!
It's not a bad thing if you maintain passenger rights and consumer-friendly laws. And the US has decent consumer protection compared to many places in the world. Or at least, for now. The next four years could change that.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
FWIW: your contract is with the OTA, not the airline. Calling AZ is pointless it seems. That is at least what I was told.

Expedia (in NL) is actively identifying the customers who bought the AZ EFs and is working with AZ on a solution. They have no power to force AZ to reinstate cancelled tickets, but the one-sided re-routings may be a different scenario. The fault seems to lie with the interface between AZ and the systems the OTAs use (Amadeus) and not with AZ's booking system itself. Of course AZ loaded the wrong fare rules into Amadeus but they claim it is the problem of the OTA that they allowed these bookings... So AZ's solution seems to be to reroute according to the (correct) fare rules that were in their own system. That takes a while, as AZ is now changing the tickets in Amadeus, a system that is not part of their direct booking process.

Expedia will contact all customers who are affected (probably with the reroute information) and only when your ticket is changed by AZ can they act. If you cancel tickets proactively you might dig a small hole for yourself, especially if you paid booking or credit card fees.

The usual caveats apply for this analysis of course.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:30 am

The usual, world-class, outstanding customer service experience through Amex Gold UK -

Originally Posted by American Express
Dear Mr G,

Thank you for writing to us.

I would like to inform that we will liaise directly with either the airline or the relevant travel agent, charges have already posted on the Card account but they will be dropped off within few days from your transactions (you will receive two separate credit transactions, please note that these may not be showing immediately).

If you find any transaction posted on the account concerning the very same matter just respond to this e-mail and I will immediately dispute the charge with merchant on your behalf.

It was a pleasure assisting you.

I hope this puts your concern to rest. We truly value your longstanding membership with us and always look forward to assisting you in the best possible way.

Sincerely
Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Suggest to initiate chargeback is your card permits.

https://www.getcontrol.co/blog/why-r...n-chargebacks/
Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:37 am

Programs: AA Exp
I had three bookings, all have been cancelled in a different way:
1) Outbound ok (for now), inbound replaced by DUS - FLR
2) Outbound replaced by DUS - FLR, inbound ok
3) Outbound cancelled (no DUS - FLR replacement), inbound ok

Suppose this means they are cancelling them manually.

Used 3 different OTA's... This will be fun to cancel...

Also, if you have untouched bookings, just stay put. AA forgot to cancel my GIG booking and I flew the ticket without issues!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.