Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:44 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by B747forever
But when booking my tickets on OTAs I didnt search for A-B, I searched and booked A-C///C-B with a stopover of +2months at C. It is like any other multi city booking I have ever booked. So in the future if I book like I did last Friday a multi city you would still defend the airline if they changed it to a routing/date of their liking to get me from my starting and ending points?
This was an error fare. There is no question about that part. In your example, if you booked your multi-city trip and the fare was not an error, you could challenge the airline to provide a reason. If they do not agree with you, then you would cancel/refund and rebook with another airline.

I'm not saying the airline is always right. But you can't ignore the facts in this situation.. pretending that you were unaware of the error fare and comparing to any other multi-city booking is not realistic. How often has the airline arbitrarily rerouted your multi-city itinerary in the past (when there was no error fare involved)?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by brokenwindow
Update: I just spoke to Orbitz. They processed the refund within 2 minutes. No reference to Alitalia. "Yes sir, you're eligible for a full refund." - he promised to send me an email confirmation of the refund for my records. He said it can take up to 8 weeks before the refund is in my account.
Have you received a confirmation of the refund amount? It has been reported that, in one case, a sizable cancellation fee was added although the verbal promise was of full refund.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:56 pm
Suspended

I spoke to Orbitz this afternoon and they transferred me to Alitalia. The rep I spoke to said I would get a full refund within 3 to 30 days.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GeorgieBoy4
I venture this..... under consumer contract law... the airline made an offer (no matter how flawed) and it was accepted. Ticket issued. Everything normal. Contract therefore in place. Then airline changes conditions of contract without other party's agreement. The AZ lawyers must now be viewing options how to handle without facing expensive litigation.

This is a common misconception. The airline actually provides an invitation to treat. The passenger makes the offer. The airline then accepts the offer and the contract is formed.

Originally Posted by newflyer2013
So after having spoken to Alitalia who were quiet rude and basically read the official statement "these were business booked cheaper than economy and EVERYBODY who booked them knew there was mistake because all forums online said it was a mistake " surprised to see an airline using online forums as justification rather their fare rules..etc

It's happening more and more. There are a growing list of court cases even where airlines are referring to blogs and online articles that use words like "mistake" and "error". People make a rod for their own backs when they use this nomenclature.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by mcbg1
I spoke to Orbitz this afternoon and they transferred me to Alitalia. The rep I spoke to said I would get a full refund within 3 to 30 days.
Same here. Was told I should see the refund within a week. I asked for a confirmation email of the refund, but agent said there is nothing he can send me that confirms the refund. Only thing that has changed is that I can't pull up the booking on AZs website anymore.

Did you get any kind of confirmation of the refund?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 5:05 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mcbg1
Yes. The first rep didn't give it to me, although he promised. Called back and got a refund which shows what amount they will refund, so now I have that email as my record.

Now to deal with ebookers.de for my other booking, which I think will be more annoying as they likely will have trouble dealing with my in English since I speak no german..
Old Dec 15, 2016, 5:10 pm

Yes. The first rep didn't give it to me, although he promised. Called back and got a refund which shows what amount they will refund, so now I have that email as my record.

Now to deal with ebookers.de for my other booking, which I think will be more annoying as they likely will have trouble dealing with my in English since I speak no german..
Aaaaand of course the phone menu is only in german and french
Old Dec 15, 2016, 5:12 pm

I - as many others - had my flight rerouted to FLR- FCO - DUS (without any notice from the OTA nor from AZ). It wasn't very surprising after seeing all the changes, but now even this new routing disappeared and doesn't show up anymore even when I use the PNR on several sites. Anyone who had this too?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 5:23 pm

LOL. Got a new email now:
" Dear ****

Thank you for contacting Orbitz about your cancellation and refund request for your flight reservation.

We have received your request for refund. As we have checked, the ticket was exchanged and the control was taken over by Alitalia. In this case, we can no longer process any transaction for this booking anymore. We kindly ask you to contact the airline directly.

You may contact them at 1-800-223-5730 and provide your confirmation ***** as a reference.

Thank you for choosing Orbitz."

Update: Spoke to Orbitz over FB, they confirm refund is done and to ignore the email.. lord

Last edited by brokenwindow; Dec 15, 2016 at 5:44 pm
Old Dec 15, 2016, 5:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Accor Platinum, BW Diamond
Say hello to troll in ANA Lounge @ NRT on his way back on route FLR-FCO-ICN-KIX, ITM-NRT-DUS... As AZ honored the fare, they should me get to DUS anyway... So I don't believe the guy in AUH that he stuck in the middle of Emirates!
Old Dec 15, 2016, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Recap of my situation: I booked 2 tickets through expedia.ca. Second ticket had 5 segments and all 5 were cancelled. Wasn't rebooked on anything else. Expedia said they would take care of refunding this ticket when I called earlier today.

Problem was with first ticket. AZ dropped the ICN and SYD segments and rebooked me on FLR-FCO-DUS. Expedia said airline had taken control of this ticket so they couldn't refund it. Gave me a number to call AZ which I did this afternoon. AZ said that Expedia had to do the refund and I should call them back. If they didn't know how to do it, they should contact AZ. I just spent 1h40m on the phone with Expedia while they tried to reach AZ. Not sure what happened, but no refund yet. Agent at Expedia said they would need to speak to their Travel Agency Support. If Alitalia won't issue the refund, he said Expedia would. Said I should hear back within 48 hrs. What a cluster duck!

I still need to call Expedia UK for my 3rd ticket and am just too weak to take them on tonight.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 5:59 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
2 tickets,

1.FLR-FOC-TPE/TPE-HKG-SYD/SYD-AUH-DUS

I know this with certainty that it will be canned, so I called Expedia immediately and was promised full refund.

Originally Posted by hopeful_me
Have you received a confirmation of the refund amount? It has been reported that, in one case, a sizable cancellation fee was added although the verbal promise was of full refund.
I have a written, full amount stated, should AZ delay this over 8 weeks or took large chunk of the promised amount I'll pursue AE for chargeback.

2. DUS-YYZ/YQG-FLR

The amount I paid really isn't that far off from sales of other Y+ or even J fares, in this case I am flying SK/FI from DUS.

I told the agent I am willing to keep it if the routing and dates (2 months apart) are maintained so they'll give me options within 24 hours, they're fully aware of what's going on.

I recommend keeping all the original documents and itineraries ready in case AZ is screwing people around.

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Problem was with first ticket. AZ dropped the ICN and SYD segments and rebooked me on FLR-FCO-DUS. Expedia said airline had taken control of this ticket so they couldn't refund it.
My condolence, that's why I called Expedia ASAP and got hold of the refund before AZ could.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA LM Airbnb
Anyone with vanilla routings alive?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:42 pm

Programs: AC MM
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Recap of my situation: I booked 2 tickets through expedia.ca. Second ticket had 5 segments and all 5 were cancelled. Wasn't rebooked on anything else. Expedia said they would take care of refunding this ticket when I called earlier today.

Problem was with first ticket. AZ dropped the ICN and SYD segments and rebooked me on FLR-FCO-DUS. Expedia said airline had taken control of this ticket so they couldn't refund it. Gave me a number to call AZ which I did this afternoon. AZ said that Expedia had to do the refund and I should call them back. If they didn't know how to do it, they should contact AZ. I just spent 1h40m on the phone with Expedia while they tried to reach AZ. Not sure what happened, but no refund yet. Agent at Expedia said they would need to speak to their Travel Agency Support. If Alitalia won't issue the refund, he said Expedia would. Said I should hear back within 48 hrs. What a cluster duck!

I still need to call Expedia UK for my 3rd ticket and am just too weak to take them on tonight.
Did Expedia.ca charge your credit card or AZ? In my case the entire ticket cost was charged by Expedia (TEH-TFS TORONTO) and I would think that only Expedia can refund this amount and not AZ.

My flights are in July and it seems they haven't gotten this far yet. Getting ready to start the refund process as soon as I see changes on my tickets so that I can get on with life and book 'real' flights for our summer trip.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:15 pm

Programs: SPG platinum, Best Western Platinum, SIXT platinum
Part Cancelation

Hey,

Ive booked FLR-BKK/BKK-DUS
AirFrance to BKK and return with Etihad.

Yesterday I've received an email from Expedia, my first 2 segments were canceled.
So FLR - BKK canceled, but BKK-DUS with Etihad still confirmed, no change.

Anyone in the same situation?

Last edited by Michael Myshu; Dec 15, 2016 at 7:21 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.