Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
The threat is to imprison him in Abu Dhabi for entering the country without a valid onward ticket
I've seen worse places

G
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Better pack a toothbrush for your upcoming travel :-).
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Oh I can see the thread coming.......'Imprisoned for buying an error fare'!
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by Lack
Better pack a toothbrush for your upcoming travel :-).
Ha! Together with some holy water, possibly branded Żubrσwka Biała

G
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I'll visit you in prison, and even bring a cake. Complete with file!!
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:46 pm

So must you, if you are not currently in December 2016 with the rest of us!
Yeah, my joke clearly backfired
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:49 pm

I'll visit you in prison, and even bring a cake. Complete with file!!
And the first thing I'm gonna do, in such serious circumstances and being threatened with arrest by the local authority, is write on a German blog asking for help (the cake can wait, blog first )

G
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:50 pm
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
Another article in an Italian newspaper: (translated with Google)

Sometimes it happens. And when they do, the lucky ones who at that time are connected to the network can take advantage of bargain prices for flights virtually around the world, in business class with the best companies. What 'sometimes it happens' are the error to flight, or errors of the airlines.

Yes, because even the best airlines happen to make mistakes and put them online. How to put online a flight from Stockholm to Buenos Aires a few euro. And now notice the error when many have already bought tickets. At that point the company can only try to repair the incident removing the remaining tickets from the sale, skipping a few stopovers in addition, expected maybe the ticket, in certain cases can cancel those placed tickets and pay back the money. In short, he runs for cover as he can.

Just a few days ago to make an error has happened to our flight Alitalia and obviously has made many happy travelers. Alitalia is selling for € 600 business seats on the Florence-Dusseldorf with the possibility of including airports anywhere in the world without paying anything extra. Ie for example, you could take a Florence-Sydney-Dusseldorf flight 600 EUR!

The news of this glaring error was initially posted on a German forum and is then bounced on dozens of sites specializing in error to flight. After almost a full day Alitalia realizes the anomaly and disseminates a note: "The route anomaly and associated rate was clearly marked on the websites that showed the" error do "and the risk that the tickets could be canceled. Alitalia has decided to honor the tickets that include Florence and Dusseldorf such as airports of departure and arrival of flights with Alitalia flights to Rome Fiumicino, it will delete all other route stopovers. The tickets with this new route will be fully refundable to each mode ".

It is not the first time that a bug in the Alitalia online system. Some time ago it is entering the Japanese version of the Alitalia site and then returning to the Italian and then entering the code PromoJp ticket prices were reduced by approximately € 250! Thousands of tickets have been sold: 30 Euros for New York, zero for Paris. Alitalia when he noticed the error has restored the correct service and annulled those tickets, and returned the money.

Error making flight: how to find them
The error to flight are therefore errors in the online scheduling of air travel rates. They are much more common than we think, but how did Alitalia often the company can cancel tickets after noticing the error. But sometimes the company's bug is trivial (they forget to add taxes or fuel in the fare amount) and it is possible that the Company does not notice at all.

There are however also cases of blatant errors - from Stockholm to Buenos Aires for a few euro - in which the Company has been unable to remedy and many travelers have happily taken advantage. In short, it is worth checking if some error to flight escapes the companies.

But how? the easiest way is to type in google 'error to flight italy' or refer to some sites like holidayspirates.com who daily monitor the situation of flights.

Meanwhile, here are the best wishes for a Merry Christmas Alitalia
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by headingwest
Oh I can see the thread coming.......'Imprisoned for buying an error fare'!
They could do a whole season of "Banged Up Abroad" on the back of this thread

EDIT: And "Border Security"!!!

Last edited by irishguy28; Dec 15, 2016 at 2:58 pm
Old Dec 15, 2016, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HH DIAMOND, IHG PLAT, RYANAIR NO OTHER OPTION FLYER
Wording (I guess standard, but interesting in current circumstances) on my refund email:
Dear Expedia.co.uk Traveller,
We're happy to confirm that we have submitted your full refund application to the airline today.
Refund amount
We estimate the refund due to you to be approximately GBPXX (my obscuring - full amount incl booking fee).
Please note that the airline is ultimately responsible for calculating the refund in accordance with the applicable fare rules and so the final amount may differ from the estimated amount above.
When you'll get your refund
Your refund will be processed by the airline directly to the original form of payment used for the purchase of your ticket(s). Once the refund has been approved by the airline, you can expect the refund to reach your account within the next 10 weeks.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 3:45 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
I've decided to get refund and Expedia will give me the confirmation.

Since it takes 8 weeks, I'll be saving the refund confirmation, if AZ doesn't give me refund in 8 weeks I'll pursue AE chargeback. I don't mind Expedia keeping the booking fee but the $$ charged by AZ will be pursued.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:18 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by agehall
However, I really don't like the way AZ have handled this. They had two options: let people fly or cancel the tickets and instead they went with the "we are going to create an even bigger mess" option that didn't even exist.

To me, what they are doing right now is wrong on so many levels and it really scares me. The hyperbole of this is that airlines can change rules and routing of any trip we ever book without having to justify their actions. Basically, we won't know what we are buying until we are in our seat on a plane. (I'm exaggerating a bit, but still...)

AZ is trying to blame the whole thing on everything except the fact that they screwed up and posted a fare that was perfectly legal and in play for almost two weeks before they decided to change the game rules for all sold ticket.

I don't want to be the bitter guy ranting about how I lost out on an EF, but I really feel this is setting a bad precedent for the future...
Precedent was set years ago. Alitalia is not the first airline to disrupt an error fare like that. Do a search on here.. plenty of error fares have occurred where the airline simply modified/canceled tickets. You bought a ticket from A to B and they rebooked you on the most direct option. It's difficult to argue against that in good faith. It's just part of the game.

Blaming the airline is kind of silly.. we all knew Alitalia has 3rd world operations/CS.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by izzik
Precedent was set years ago. Alitalia is not the first airline to disrupt an error fare like that. Do a search on here.. plenty of error fares have occurred where the airline simply modified/canceled tickets. You bought a ticket from A to B and they rebooked you on the most direct option. It's difficult to argue against that in good faith. It's just part of the game.

Blaming the airline is kind of silly.. we all knew Alitalia has 3rd world operations/CS.
But when booking my tickets on OTAs I didnt search for A-B, I searched and booked A-C///C-B with a stopover of +2months at C. It is like any other multi city booking I have ever booked. So in the future if I book like I did last Friday a multi city you would still defend the airline if they changed it to a routing/date of their liking to get me from my starting and ending points?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:33 pm

Programs: BD AB CO
Originally Posted by Jermyn
Somebody mentioned earlier on that holidays were subject to a different set of regulations than flights on Expedia. Would adding a hotel to an existing flight convert it into a holiday and protect it in some way?

Mine still seem to be safe from the intern...
Did you have a flight booking that you could have expected to be amended at this point ie a winter / spring one? If yours is later in the year they might not have got around to amending it yet. If you're travelling in the next couple of months and the booking is unchanged, the hotel might be a significant factor.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:36 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Update: I just spoke to Orbitz. They processed the refund within 2 minutes. No reference to Alitalia. "Yes sir, you're eligible for a full refund." - he promised to send me an email confirmation of the refund for my records. He said it can take up to 8 weeks before the refund is in my account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.