Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:07 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by a9504477
That's not how i meant my question. What i was wondering is how the saudi website can still show the full itinerary if, as it seems, changes to the ticket have been made.
Becaue the site is not real time and lags a bit.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
To everybody calling the OTA today / right now: what's the point? Just let it sit for a couple of days, then you can still call if needed and they will have all the info (and time) they are lacking right now...

Do you think your itineraries will get reinstated just because you were the first to call?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:13 pm

That's not how i meant my question. What i was wondering is how the saudi website can still show the full itinerary if, as it seems, changes to the ticket have been made.
Seems only info on the AZ site is accurate now.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:14 pm

So the Orbitz agent spoke with Alitalia regarding my changed FLR-SIN-DUS trip with AF/CX. They will try to reaccommodate me to get what I originally booked. Will get a call back within the next 24hrs with (hopefully) new confirmed tickets to SIN.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps
My outbound, 28 Jan, AZ PNR, AF metal seems to have disappeared... return on LH still there. No e-mail.

Tried to pull up the PNR on AZ site, got a message the itinerary has been cancelled, or flight was already flown.

Bought on e-bookers, everything still showing in tact on e-bookers though, and the Saudi site. I suspect that is all ghost info, and will disappear within a few hours.

The whole itinerary used to show on the LH site, but now the outbound no longer shows.

Edit: AZ PNR has definitely disappeared
They wouldn't just cancel their bit, and leave the *A bit alone, would they?
Or is it that LH personnel already in the biergarten with schnitzel?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps
They wouldn't just cancel their bit, and leave the *A bit alone, would they?
Or is it that LH personnel already in the biergarten with schnitzel?
The rest of the ticket will die without any further action required by anyone.

By the way, "intact" is a single word.

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Anyone with an itinerary which has a US flight in it that got it cancelled?

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by goliath
To everybody calling the OTA today / right now: what's the point? Just let it sit for a couple of days, then you can still call if needed and they will have all the info (and time) they are lacking right now...

Do you think your itineraries will get reinstated just because you were the first to call?
My reasoning is as follows; until AZ touched it (deleted outbound) I wouldn't call, now they deleted the first segments I figure it can't hurt.

As some folks earlier in this mega thread had a benefit to get reissued on another stock so I figure it can't hurt to try, as at least now there is a change I can call about.

Might be a waste of time I admit, but if it will be canceled anyway I am not sure there is anything to loose.

Now the real question is can I get through and finish the call before the wifey gets home (maybe I forgot to mention the surprise trip to ICN in Feb.)
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It takes time for changes to propagate outwards.

Not all systems are constantly in touch with each other.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by seris7
While it's clear that AZ made a mistake, it's also clear that if I make mistake during the booking process I do not have any right to rectify it (imagine if you book the wrong date or the wrong airport...), while the airlines can rectify their mistakes even if they notice it after a week or a month. And this is really unfair according to me.
I disagree. I think it is all about scale. If you booked a ticket that normally costs $1000, and accepted a $10,000 charge by mistake, virtually all airlines would see it was clearly a mistake and refund you. It is all about scale.

I agree there probably should be limits as to how long they can rectify mistakes just to avoid people being stranded.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brokenwindow
Anyone with an itinerary which has a US flight in it that got it cancelled?
It's not the US flight that will get it cancelled. It's the start in DUS/FLR and the end in FLR/DUS that will get it cancelled.

Every flight that doesn't connect solely in FCO will be cancelled.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:25 pm

Programs: Marriott et British Airways
Originally Posted by goliath

Because I am flying the day after tomorrow.

Is that a good reason?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:25 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Finnair Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, National EE
Originally Posted by irishguy28
The rest of the ticket will die wupithout any further action required by anyone.

By the way, "intact" is a single word.
So what if AZ leaves the e.g., CX segments alone, like

FLR-FCO-DUS
and
XXX-HKG-DUS

if you do DUS-XXX cheaply you could still fly on say CX for a huge discount, no?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by irishguy28
It takes time for changes to propagate outwards.

Not all systems are constantly in touch with each other.
batch update folks... not totally real time. Need to wait for the next batch update.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PiuPiu.Wang
Because I am flying the day after tomorrow.

Is that a good reason?
We will see. I hope you'll report back.
I don't think you'll be flying the day after tomorrow (not on the intended routing and at the price you were hoping for, at least).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.