Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2016, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Which class, though? Year One?

P.S.: are your tickets still alive? Losing the plot here trying to follow the latest and re-fill my glass in the lounge

G
Old Dec 14, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
See, I think I might be OK, my return got booked into LH Z, which is a deeply discounted Biz fare. The outbound on AF is in D, but return is in Z, and based on the price I paid, it is a 'sale' fare for Z, or let's say, I'm flying this itinerary in P, Sunday and paying about $500 more for P... not completely unreasonable.

as if reason played a part... humpf
Old Dec 14, 2016, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK

P.S.: are your tickets still alive? Losing the plot here trying to follow the latest and re-fill my glass in the lounge

G
They are but MyFlights app doesn't instantly refresh even when you ask it to...so I don't have current views on any of my trips.

I could just log in on directly for the first one and keep refreshing that...it should be the first one to go, now that EY are cancelling
Old Dec 14, 2016, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by thelister
As a person who flew the massive error fare from aa last year (biz rt gru-Dfw-nrt), I'd wait. Most people's tix were cancelled but I slipped through.
But I have been "rerouted" already
Old Dec 14, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: QF, BA
I'm booked for AA codeshare on BA metal. I can access seat selection through BA - would paying for a seat selection help? What happens to the seat selection money when/if AZ cancels the BA segment?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Krysenok
But I have been "rerouted" already
Oh oops..well then... whatever you like amigo
Old Dec 14, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
DoT will no longer help you. If you have a ticket involving CX, AF or EY (so far confirmed, more to be added surely) then you can expect your ticket to go West too...just not in the manner you had originally hoped
What do you mean by this? In which circumstance would DoT help you?

And has the ST fire barrier been broken? I have one itin that is all AF metal, only AF metal...

Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps
See, I think I might be OK, my return got booked into LH Z, which is a deeply discounted Biz fare. The outbound on AF is in D, but return is in Z, and based on the price I paid, it is a 'sale' fare for Z, or let's say, I'm flying this itinerary in P, Sunday and paying about $500 more for P... not completely unreasonable.

as if reason played a part... humpf
You see I thought exactly the same about my tickets, but I'm assuming it is all about the actual itinerary rather than the fare you paid, regardless of how expensive it is. Don't get me wrong though, I think some will still be lucky enough to fly.

G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Way to alert AZ's intern of how to find your itinerary to kill it ^
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joequimby
I'm booked for AA codeshare on BA metal. I can access seat selection through BA - would paying for a seat selection help? What happens to the seat selection money when/if AZ cancels the BA segment?
You would most likely lose it...
Old Dec 14, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: *G
I believe the actual statement was that full refunds would be available regardless of the fare rules/fare basis should an affected passenger not wish to travel any more.
I hope so, but that wasn't what was said in post #2342
Old Dec 14, 2016, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What do you mean by this? In which circumstance would DoT help you?
do a search on "DoT Error Fare site:www.flyertalk.com" on your preferred search engine and read to your heart's content.

And has the ST fire barrier been broken? I have one itin that is all AF metal, only AF metal...
Yes. See wiki.

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HH DIAMOND, IHG PLAT, RYANAIR NO OTHER OPTION FLYER
I have just been called back by Expedia UK and told that my outbound flights FLR-CDG-HKG on AF on Dec 26 were cancelled because of a 'system error', and will be reinstated tomorrow. I don't believe it for one moment but, if it really did happen, I would guess that it might be because my departure is within the EU 14 day window and Expedia or AZ don't want fights over that.
soy

Programs: various
What about Expedia.com booking fee ($7 pp) - will I get that back also when they cancel the ticket?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
This might interest you, just published by the Italian forum "Aviazione Civile" - an official statement by Alitalia:

"Upon request of Aviazione Civile, Alitalia has officially explained what happened over the past weekend. Due to an IT problem, on some third-party websites (not Alitalia's), some tickets in business class for the Florence to Dusseldorf route were sold as a complex itinerary that included unlikely stopovers. Such websites allowed to buy tickets on Alitalia and partners' flights, between Florence and Dusseldorf, by adding stopovers all over the world, at a price that was indeed very low for such a complex itinerary. Such error has been labelled as an "error fare" on many aviation websites that reported about the "supposed offer". The fact that such websites called this an error fare and warned customers of possible cancellations shows without shadow of a doubt that people who bought these tickets were completely aware of this being Alitalia's error and not a genuine offer. Alitalia has officially decided to "honor" the tickets between Florence and Dusseldorf that include only a stopover in Rome, but to cancel any other ticket that has been issued exploiting such evident mistake. Tickets will be refundable".

Last edited by Danusa86; Dec 14, 2016 at 10:25 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.