Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: AS MVPG
My itinerary is FCO-SYD-DUS-NRT-FCO, so really a roundtrip from FCO. I wonder what they'll try to do to that since they can't just reroute me to DUS...
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Enigma368
I booked through travelup.co.uk (never heard of them ebfore but only OTA I could find that worked). I just called them and dealt with probably the most unprofessional agent in the world. He was not rude, just completely incompetent.

Me: "i was just trying to book seats for my flight and notice that my ticket says coupon reissued/exchanged, is there a problem with my ticket"
Agent(in thick Indian accent): "who did you receive this email from saying there was a problem?"
Me: "no I didnt receive an email, I just noticed this issue when trying to pick a seat for one of my flights"
Agent: "sir we cannot do seat assignments, you need to contact the airline you are travelling on"
Me: "no that's not the issue, I noticed something was wrong with my ticket, has something changed?"
Agent (dismissive): "nooooooooo everything is fine, don't worry about it Sir. Thank you goodbye"
Me: "umm ok bye then"

He did look up my booking btw but he basically barely glanced at it. he also re-emailed me my ticket but it looks the same as when I booked..
I hope this doesn't come across as rude but was the agent outsourced in Asia? I had a similar experience.... don't think they really give a damn
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
I tried to book a positioning flight to FLR from DUS on AZ but seems prices are high even in economy. This sucks.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by thelister
I hope this doesn't come across as rude but was the agent outsourced in Asia? I had a similar experience.... don't think they really give a damn
TBH it sounded like he was someone working from home or from somewhere very casual. He was not like a normal call center agent. I noticed on their contact page that they have the mobile(cell) number for two specific people to contact with urgent issues, it seems like a pretty amateur "mom and pop" outfit.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by christravelblog
I tried to book a positioning flight to FLR from DUS on AZ but seems prices are high even in economy. This sucks.
I think all space on this has now been taken up by direct re-routes
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by boxboss
My itinerary is FCO-SYD-DUS-NRT-FCO, so really a roundtrip from FCO. I wonder what they'll try to do to that since they can't just reroute me to DUS...
Errr...

FCO-DUS-FCO? @:-)
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: Miles & More, FlyingBlue, Iberia Plus Gold
Originally Posted by boxboss
They will rebook you FCO-FCO aka a little bus tour around the airport ^
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
I am sorry to inform that also my itinerary has now been "exchanged".

I had flights FLR-FCO-ICN and ICN-AUH-DUS on Jan 12th and 16th changed for a FLR-FCO-DUS on Jan 13th.

Deliberate change of dates in my case too.

Will demand immediate refund.

P.S. it was an AZ/EY Ticket only. Firewall broken.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Danusa86
Noooo. This was one of my final hopes. Only remaining one is that my ticket only went as far as AUH.

It's been fun if nothing else!
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:45 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Gold, Accor LeClub - Platinum, Hilton Hhonors - Diamond
Those trying to get in contact with Travelup, I gave up on trying to sort things out over the phone. Tried email, it took a couple of attempts to get things across to them, but eventually worked.

Side benefit... everything has been documented.

My ticket (055 stock) AA DUS - LAX // AZ(AF) LAX - FLR in April still stands on multiple PNRs.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:46 am

It seems they are working slowly through these tickets.... starting from the closest departure date. Guess I am next... now it's got me all anxious.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:47 am

what date did they reach?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by NXflyer
My ticket (055 stock) AA DUS - LAX // AZ(AF) LAX - FLR in April still stands on multiple PNRs.
Mine (055 stock) AF FLR->CDG->JFK->(DL)->SLC // AA SLC->ORD->LHR ->(BA)->DUS also stands for june. This one has separate AZ, AF,DL,AA and BA PNRs.

Whatever happens happens, right now I am becoming more conerned about the upcoming BA strikes as I have two MF sectors on the 22nd of Dec.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:49 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Danusa86
I am sorry to inform that also my itinerary has now been "exchanged".

I had flights FLR-FCO-ICN and ICN-AUH-DUS on Jan 12th and 16th changed for a FLR-FCO-DUS on Jan 13th.

Deliberate change of dates in my case too.

Will demand immediate refund.

That means I must be next. My departure is Jan 15. I'm ready to play dumb with Expedia in a last ditch attempt before demanding a refund.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: Alaska 75K, Delta Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by thelister
Sorry for the follow up questions ... but

1. When did you book? Did it go through on your visa?
2. Was it with Expedia.com? .ca? U.K.?

FLR-FCO-ICN-AUH-DUS, booked with expedia.co.uk using my AMEX on Friday
FCO-ICN KE J leg for Dec 31, got cancelled, replaced by FCO-DUS J
my EY inbound leg still intact, scheduled for late January.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.