Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:10 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Smile

Thumbs up to OP! ^^^

On Saturday, I Booked first to South Pacific via US based OTA, ticketed right away.

Then booked to South Africa, with same OTA, but it did not ticket automatically. My guess b/c it was combination of OW and ST, and AA marketed BA operated segment caused the issue. Received email later on to call them back to resolve the issue, I did not. Called late yesterday after the game was over just to cancel that one, as it never ticketed and I could not do it online.

Later on, decided to book slightly more expensive but ST only trip to South Africa, via different OTA. Again received email that it had been ticketed, but there also "There has been a change to your flight. We will email or call you to confirm any changes." One leg was missing in the itinerary, so I waited, and 3 hours later, confirmed itinerary arrives in email as originally booked
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:11 am

Meet up

Hi all,

I am brand new into this forum, and this thread has lured me in!
I booked on Saturday:
March 13th - FLR-CDG-JFK-LAS
March 31st - HNL-SEA-LON-DUS

Since some bookings were accepted, I was hoping to meet people who fly on March 13th in FLR during or before the flight.

Anyone is flying on March 13th?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
Booked two itineraries for early January.

Until yesterday my card had just received a pre-autorization request.

Today finally the charges have been posted and, amazingly, they're not from Expedia (who I booked with) but directly from Alitalia.

I'd like to think this is a good sign, but not sure
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:20 am

Programs: Miles & More, FlyingBlue, Iberia Plus Gold
Originally Posted by Danusa86
Booked two itineraries for early January.

Today finally the charges have been posted and, amazingly, they're not from Expedia (who I booked with) but directly from Alitalia.

I'd like to think this is a good sign, but not sure
Perfectly normal this is always how it works, tickets are charged directly by airlines even if you book via OTAs.

Refunds are also processed via airlines but they refuse to deal with you when you booked via an OTA saying that you must contact the OTA in order to have them ask for refund.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by goliath
It shouldn't. Taking off on an EF right away is a different thing from booking it for travel in 9 months. ;-)
You're right, and that's why I wouldn't be making any of the cruise bookings, positioning flights, hotel bookings, train tickets/bus tickets, etc until about June, and see if my itinerary ticket is still holding, and many others have flown their 055 tickets. If my 055 ticket gets cancelled after my cruise, etc bookings have been made, I'll make sure my annual travel insurance policy will cover the difference between the cost of booking new flights over the same itinerary and what I paid under this by this then cancelled, EF (US$850).

But then again, if my travel insurance will cover any excess cost of an identical 055 ticket, I really should make all my other bookings for cruises and positioning flights right away to establish my travel position, shouldn't I?

Last edited by tangoll; Dec 13, 2016 at 2:23 am Reason: minor corrections
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:23 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond

"Amazingly"? How is that different from any other bookings you've previously made on Expedia?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
"Amazingly"? How is that different from any other bookings you've previously made on Expedia?
To be honest quite a few times Expedia charged me directly. For example when I booked with China Airlines, or Avianca. But never mind
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:25 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Originally Posted by megaloman
www.viewtrip.com - I can see my itinerary there... and segment by segment being cancelled :-( it never ticketed, which is a shame as I was looking forward for a trip to Raratonga
Thank you.
Unfortunately viewtrip says "Itinerary not found".
Now I have 055 ticket, no access to Travelup and just AF showing the FLR/CDG/MIA portion.

"GDS" PNR and "Airline" PNR lead to nowhere.
Oh well...it's part of the thrill.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:26 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tangoll
If my 055 ticket gets cancelled after my cruise, etc bookings have been made, I'll make sure my annual travel insurance policy will cover the difference between the cost of booking new flights over the same itinerary and what I paid under this by this then cancelled, EF (US$850).

But then again, if my travel insurance will cover any excess cost of an identical 055 ticket, I really should make all my other bookings for cruises and positioning flights right away to establish my travel position, shouldn't I?

Posts here are really starting to get ridiculous...

I'd like to get a link to sign up for this kind of travel insurance. ^
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I'd like to get a link to sign up for this kind of travel insurance. ^
I think the premiums for such a policy would exceed the cost of buying the full-fare business class ticket in the first place!
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
To be honest quite a few times Expedia charged me directly. For example when I booked with China Airlines, or Avianca. But never mind
I paid for two tickets in one transaction from Expedia.co.uk - it sat pending as an Alitalia charge of Ł1k-ish for a few days and has now posted as two separate transactions from Expedia.co.uk...
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by tangoll
If my 055 ticket gets cancelled after my cruise, etc bookings have been made, I'll make sure my annual travel insurance policy will cover the difference between the cost of booking new flights over the same itinerary and what I paid under this by this then cancelled, EF (US$850).
Let me know where to find this policy!!!!
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by obduro
It must be an error policy - worth having a look at one of those insurance forums to find out more and whether they're going to be honoured or not...

G
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by obduro
I have a MasterCard Youth Travel, which I called up about this fare. If Alitalia goes bankrupt, or they cancel my ticket halfway, my insurance will cover up to 2500 euro for a new ticket
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:43 am

I can only confirm that the tickets are so far flyable! Fingers crossed for the ones who have their flights shortly ahead!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.