Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:30 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by megaloman
How did you book one?
expedia.co.uk, not a great site for optimisation I must say. Just did a short trip to HKG on AF via CDG out and direct HKG-DUS back.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
is it dead?
Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:35 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by temedar
flr-cdg-bos(az/af), bos-hkg-dps(cx), dps-hkg-dus(cx) on a local ota via skyscanner.ru for ~$800, september 2017 dates with labour day weekend in bos. Ticketed instantly.
which dates???
Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:36 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
As the increasingly creative itineraries show, there are pretty much no restrictions on what you can do in between FLR and DUS, as long as you start in FLR and end in DUS, including stopping over at your will along the way. It's been a while since we had such a fare, and the ones I got in on where all touching the US and were at a time when the US DOT enforced it's rule about post purchase price adjustments such that we could negate an airline's claims of mistake. That's not the case any longer. I think if a few dozen people had gotten in on this, the bookings may have largely been honored. But with the volume of bookings and the increasing creativity, it's hard to see that being the end result here. But I am routing for all of you, I've had two good AZ "feature" fares over the years...
Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:39 pm

Problem is @expedia a too complex routing you dont will get ticketed. Its end in an error every time.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:39 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by stephem
As the increasingly creative itineraries show, there are pretty much no restrictions on what you can do in between FLR and DUS, as long as you start in FLR and end in DUS, including stopping over at your will along the way. It's been a while since we had such a fare, and the ones I got in on where all touching the US and were at a time when the US DOT enforced it's rule about post purchase price adjustments such that we could negate an airline's claims of mistake. That's not the case any longer. I think if a few dozen people had gotten in on this, the bookings may have largely been honored. But with the volume of bookings and the increasing creativity, it's hard to see that being the end result here. But I am routing for all of you, I've had two good AZ "feature" fares over the years...

I think they will cancel, they make money because of the premium seats; they will lose a lot of revenue.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Granite64
I think they will cancel, they make money because of the premium seats; they will lose a lot of revenue.
Unfortunately, it does seem likely given the volumes and that its still available. Still holding out for that small chance though
Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:43 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Granite64
Especially because of all the mixed metal of all major alliances
Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Perfect! Booked FLR>CDG>HKG on Air France with KIX>HKG>DUS on the way back for £650 each for a fab 2 week break in HK/Japan.

What's the chance they'll be honoured....?!
Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:47 pm

How do I find my EY PNR? I have the Alitalia one, but cannot open booking with EY using the same PNR.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by DocS
What's the chance they'll be honoured....?!
Not very high I'm afraid.

I have two bookings too, but I am not hopeful. Want to go? Leave tomorrow.

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by B747forever
How do I find my EY PNR? I have the Alitalia one, but cannot open booking with EY using the same PNR.
I had all PNRs listed in the email with e-ticket from Expedia under 'Conferma' in the 'Riepilogo volo' section.

Edit: Hmm, but not EY. But I don't care next week anyway.

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
My normal practice with these would be to book and fly tomorrow. Sadly I couldn't do that this time.

Given the exposure this has got and the time it's been available - I'm not convinced this'll be honoured.

Fingers crossed, though. And thanks OP.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: Croatia FlyOnline Buy 5 Get 1 Free
Booked FLR-FCO-ICN-AKL/MEL-HKG-DUS for EUR 745 (incl. EUR 30 payment fee) on opodo.de. Thanks, OP!

(Any thoughts on this choice of OTA? Momondo was linking to opodo and eDreams, and I wanted to avoid eDreams after reading about their awful handling of the Cairo fares.)
Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:56 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by davidvc
Booked FLR-FCO-ICN-AKL/MEL-HKG-DUS for EUR 745 (incl. EUR 30 payment fee) on opodo.de. Thanks, OP!

(Any thoughts on this choice of OTA?)

Next time you should book at Expedia, they almost never cancel error fares like these. Opodo is part of the eDreams group which are known to cancel fares like these.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.