Wiki Posts
Search

AA mileage run JFK-CAN

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2016, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage PltPro, AMEX Platinum
AA mileage run JFK-CAN

Hello looking at these flights from New York to Guangzhou and on AA the same flight in J is $3800. On hainan it's $2700. Can I earn aadvantage booking through Hainan?

I have never heard of this airline but it's legs are split with Alaska and hainan. Thank you.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA,BA
You cannot earn AAdvantage miles on Hainan. Rather, you can earn Alaska miles by flying Hainan; the two are partners and Alaska gives you 100% plus 25,50% depending on fare code.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wireless_999
Hello looking at these flights from New York to Guangzhou and on AA the same flight in J is $3800. On hainan it's $2700. Can I earn aadvantage booking through Hainan?

I have never heard of this airline but it's legs are split with Alaska and hainan. Thank you.
Here is a list of AA partners you can earn miles on: https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...r-airlines.jsp
Old Oct 10, 2016, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage PltPro, AMEX Platinum
Thanks everyone. Yes seems this won't work. I appreciate all responses.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I don't know if anything has changed but if HU books into R it may still earn 100% EQM bonus if credited to AS. FYI a quick check on HU site would show they only partner with AS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.