Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AS: 2016-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2016, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:

Qualification requirements

Three ways to qualify for each level: miles on Alaska only (includes Alaska flights operated by Horizon or Skywest), combination of miles on Alaska or partners (no minimum on Alaska, can be 100% partners), or combination of segments on Alaska or partners (no minimum on Alaska, can be 100% partners).

MVP: 20,000 miles on Alaska/25,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/30 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners

MVP Gold: 40,000 miles on Alaska/50,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/60 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners

75K: 75,000 miles on Alaska/90,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/90 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners
Print Wikipost

AS: 2016-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:07 pm

There are also some LAX-BWI-LAX runs for around $229 That would be a little under $0.05 per eqm.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Found some limited availability Hainan LAX-CTU RT in J for $2148, books in R class so there's a 100% CoS bonus (28,826 total EQM). Comes out to about 7cpm which isn't bad for J. Was able to book a quick turn, leaving late Friday night / early Saturday morning (12:45am) and lands back at LAX at 8:30pm on Sunday night. China visa required obviously, but useful for those who need a lot of EQM to requalify and don't want to sit through rounds of SEA-BOS or SAN-BWI.
leland likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by zebes
Found some limited availability Hainan LAX-CTU RT in J for $2148, books in R class so there's a 100% CoS bonus (28,826 total EQM). Comes out to about 7cpm which isn't bad for J. Was able to book a quick turn, leaving late Friday night / early Saturday morning (12:45am) and lands back at LAX at 8:30pm on Sunday night. China visa required obviously, but useful for those who need a lot of EQM to requalify and don't want to sit through rounds of SEA-BOS or SAN-BWI.
You can even knock off $104 by signing up for a Fortune Wings account and booking through the Hainan website. I believe they are also offering Silver or Gold Elite status just for booking a biz ticket from the US (depending on fare class)!?

leland likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: AS 75K, DL PM
Originally Posted by isomalt
I commute between PDX-LAX weekly and am looking to get MVPG75K before the end of the year. Current projections land me at 44.5k EQM by December 15th (when I would stop commuting until 2019) barring any work travel which would only be a thousand miles here and there. My normal flight plan is leave PDX Wednesday morning, return from LAX Friday night. Any help is appreciated!

Departure Airport: PDX or LAX
Miles Needed: 30.5k
Required Spend or Budget: Would like to keep it under $3k
Available Travel Dates: Any Friday afternoons from LAX, or weekends between now and the end of the year except 9/1, 9/9, and Thanksgiving/Christmas.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Codeshares are fine as long as it gets me the miles.
How is your segment count? That may be a easier and cheaper way.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
I am struggling to get gold this year due to my lack of flying for work. I have a few trips lined up that will get me to 30k. The last ten is harder due to time restraints and budget.

Departure Airport: SEA
Miles Needed: ~8,000
Required Spend or Budget: Under 600 (if possible).
Available Travel Dates: Friday afternoon - Sunday for most of the year except: Sept 28 - Oct 5th, Nov 8-16. Perhaps last week of Nov... I also have Dec 22 - 1st off as my work shuts down, so it's possible to fly then if flights aren't stupidly expensive.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AS Preferable, as I would need 18k for codeshares.

Last edited by Lindsiria0; Sep 5, 2018 at 9:10 pm
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Look at SEA-BOS for $276RT with a same-day return on Saturday, November 10. In December, a lower $251RT fare is available on Saturday, December 1 and 8.
Lindsiria0 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:00 pm

Miles Needed: 7,600
Required Spend or Budget: <$750 (several companion passes available to use)
Available Travel Dates: Very flexible, except for Oct 2-28 no travel
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AS metal

Trying for MVP Gold and current travel will have me at 32.5k by EOY. Have access to 2-3 companion passes from family which obvi helps, plus a friend who is currently Gold 75k and up for the mileage run with me. We found some SEA-BOS for $129 ow and also SEA-LIH for $115 ow. Companion pass allows us to add a 3rd leg as multi-city to stretch it further.

Question: since he's 75k and if we book together, how can we maximize our chances of an upgrade and doing the mileage runs in J? Are there some classes that never get upgraded, even for Gold 75k?

Also thought about booking J for class of service bonus to reduce miles flown, but that looked much more costly and we don't mind the actual trips. Have family in Boston we can see, or hiking in Kauai we can do!

(Backstory on why I am going for Gold: have Amex Biz Plat with a stash of MR points, and BofA Merrill+. Gold would allow us to book/cancel w/out penalty and help with same day changes for me and SO. Plus I like the drop in fare guarantee that was recently removed. Currently MVP so this would be my first time as Gold, and my first mileage run!) Thanks for the input.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by CoastieRob
Miles Needed: 7,600
Required Spend or Budget: <$750 (several companion passes available to use)
Available Travel Dates: Very flexible, except for Oct 2-28 no travel
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AS metal

Trying for MVP Gold and current travel will have me at 32.5k by EOY. Have access to 2-3 companion passes from family which obvi helps, plus a friend who is currently Gold 75k and up for the mileage run with me. We found some SEA-BOS for $129 ow and also SEA-LIH for $115 ow. Companion pass allows us to add a 3rd leg as multi-city to stretch it further.

Question: since he's 75k and if we book together, how can we maximize our chances of an upgrade and doing the mileage runs in J? Are there some classes that never get upgraded, even for Gold 75k?

Also thought about booking J for class of service bonus to reduce miles flown, but that looked much more costly and we don't mind the actual trips. Have family in Boston we can see, or hiking in Kauai we can do!

(Backstory on why I am going for Gold: have Amex Biz Plat with a stash of MR points, and BofA Merrill+. Gold would allow us to book/cancel w/out penalty and help with same day changes for me and SO. Plus I like the drop in fare guarantee that was recently removed. Currently MVP so this would be my first time as Gold, and my first mileage run!) Thanks for the input.
Does your 75K friend have any GGUs left to upgrade?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:50 am

Departure Airport: LGA/JFK or EWR(less desire)
Miles Needed: 11,930 miles
Required Spend or Budget: I don't know what budget would be realistic for this goal but less is better.
Available Travel Dates: Mostly weekends. Or Weekend plus Monday or Friday.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Yes. Could be partner flights as well.

I flew some Alaska partner airline international routes earlier this year. Now I am half way to MVP and want to make it happen for this and next year. I will be doing this mileage run with my partner so would require the same price for two tickets.

Highly appreciate the help!
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:34 am

Same day JFK-SFO is out there for $247 every Saturday Oct 13-Nov 10 and Dec 1 and 8. They'd be just short of 5,000EQM each so you'd need three of them. Might have some options with connecting flights each way in places like LAX-PDX-SEA, but price will increase and you may have to fly home a redeye.
tonypg likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 4:55 pm

Thank you for the suggestion!

I did find the fares. One route trip is 5,158 miles. Two of them will just be 1,614 miles away from what I need. Running another JFK-SFO route for 1000+ miles would be a bit too much. Is it possible to run one of them and two of others to be just a bit over 11,930 miles?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 6:37 pm

So you want something like 6,800 EQM for a second trip after your first RT on nonstops? I don't see how to do it with one stop somewhere in the west. There might be a way to do it with two different west coast stops if Alaska gives you 500 mile minimums (make sure of that), but I've not tried to do that. Maybe someone else can chime in how to add additional segments and if the 500 mile minimum would apply for shorter segments.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by tonypg
Thank you for the suggestion!

I did find the fares. One route trip is 5,158 miles. Two of them will just be 1,614 miles away from what I need. Running another JFK-SFO route for 1000+ miles would be a bit too much. Is it possible to run one of them and two of others to be just a bit over 11,930 miles?
You could do the LGA-DAL-SEA run twice. That should get you about 12,000 miles. Little limited on the availability and might require an overnight in SEA. Or you could do 2 JFK-SFO r/t and one shorter LGA-DAL r/t - that's probably the least expensive path?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 3:49 pm

10k miles on AS from SAN/LAX.

Hello folks,

I'm looking for suggestions for a mileage run on AS to earn MVP status by end of year. Have about 10k to go. Besides the usual transcon mileage run, any other suggestions or tips? I would like to keep it domestic if able due to time constraints. Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 4:55 pm
Community Director Emerita

That would be two Hawaii turns. AS has flights to several islands from SAN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.