Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AS: 2016-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Old Sep 14, 2016, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:

Qualification requirements

Three ways to qualify for each level: miles on Alaska only (includes Alaska flights operated by Horizon or Skywest), combination of miles on Alaska or partners (no minimum on Alaska, can be 100% partners), or combination of segments on Alaska or partners (no minimum on Alaska, can be 100% partners).

MVP: 20,000 miles on Alaska/25,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/30 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners

MVP Gold: 40,000 miles on Alaska/50,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/60 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners

75K: 75,000 miles on Alaska/90,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/90 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners
Print Wikipost

AS: 2016-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Old Nov 7, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by thundervsokuni
Departure Airport: SEA
Miles Needed: 2,685
Required Spend or Budget: any
Available Travel Dates: flexible
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AS
Weekend or Dinner in SAN? P fares available in the first half of Dec for $400 r/t. Or start in BLI or add a couple PDX/STS/SFO/SJC leg with a coach itinerary for $220.

Or, how about a true MR with SEA-MCI on 12/1 for $200 and 2970 EQM. Or MKE for $190 and more EQM.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 9:50 am

I need around 4000 miles so any transcon will work my budget is whatevers cheap. I'm based in the east coast so PHL JFK OR EWR
Old Nov 9, 2018, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by GoingForGold1
I need around 4000 miles so any transcon will work my budget is whatevers cheap. I'm based in the east coast so PHL JFK OR EWR
First of all, welcome to FlyerTalk and congrats on heading toward Gold.
Cheapest is likely PHL-LAX same day turn 12/3 or 12/10 for $178. Not the best schedule as you'd have 12 hours in LA and then take a red-eye back, but you did say cheap... If time is important, then you can do a same day turn JFK-LAX for $230 most days in the first half of December.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 1:19 pm

Thanks. I think I'm going to do Newark to San Fran for 250 with a three hour stop
DrAlex likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by DrAlex
First of all, welcome to FlyerTalk and congrats on heading toward Gold.
Cheapest is likely PHL-LAX same day turn 12/3 or 12/10 for $178. Not the best schedule as you'd have 12 hours in LA and then take a red-eye back, but you did say cheap... If time is important, then you can do a same day turn JFK-LAX for $230 most days in the first half of December.
Thanks for all your help just booked it for 180 cuz I had a $75 discount code I hope I don't go crazy with all the flying cuz in getting back from Israel a day earlier.
DrAlex likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: marriott platinum, AS Gold
GOT MVPG thanks all...At least fly SIN to MEL or SYD has the lounge...And 100% credit miles...HAHAH
DrAlex likes this.

Last edited by hellointer; Nov 13, 2018 at 7:45 pm
Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion, Hyatt Globalist
Departure Airport: SFO/OAK/SJC
Miles Needed: ~19k
Required Spend or Budget: <$1500
Available Travel Dates: flexible
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AS preferred, haven't earned any partner miles yet this year

Looking to requalify for MVPG this year and I just barely made it to MVP. Best option so far is looking like a few same day turns SFO-JFK/EWR. I have a flexible schedule, can work remotely (sw eng), and have a strange definition of leisure time so no suggestions refused no matter how crazy =)
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:42 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Might be hard to beat the $203RT same day fares SFO-EWR. Those are available November 29, December 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, 12. Could break it up with a $211 fare SFO-MCO on December 4.

Tom in Tamworth, Australia tonight
DrAlex likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:07 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Interested in Help to get to MVP Gold

Hey there,

I'm trying to get to MVP Gold on Alaska by the end of the year. Currently MVP and have had that status for the past two years.

Needing 8,500 (Alaska or Alaska partner) miles to get to Gold. My departure airport is Sea-Tac.

I can fly any time after the 24th of November with the exception of December 3rd to 5th and 12th to 19th (and obviously Christmas). Hoping to do it for as cheap as possible, I don't really need to take a vacation as that is what the 12th to 19th is. I also work remote and can choose my schedule so I'm not super limited on dates outside of the ones already listed.

Any help that can be provided would be super appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited by mattlowe; Nov 16, 2018 at 8:46 pm
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:40 am
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
SEA-ANC F runs
Old Nov 17, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Alaska & Condor

Thanks Guanran!

Does anyone know how to calculate the Alaska & Condor Partnership miles? I'm looking at Condor's site and their class designations aren't matching up to Alaska's earning chart. Any insight here would be super appreciated.

I'm new to Flyertalk and it won't let me post links or attachments, but essentially Condor's flight is listed as "Economy Class" and the options on Alaska's Mileage Earning Chart are "Economy Flex - 100% Base Miles Earned," "Economy Base - 75% Base Miles Earned," and "Economy Promotion - 50% Base Miles Earned."

Thanks!

EDIT: It looks like Condor's website is up to date with the earning chart based on their class designations. Alaska's isn't. So it looks like the flight I was looking at would only earn 75% of the miles flown.

That being said, I'm still open to options to get that 8,500 miles before the end of the year. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by mattlowe; Nov 17, 2018 at 12:26 pm
Old Nov 17, 2018, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Probably cheapest to do two TCON roundtrips at under $500.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
I'm not sure how much I care, but after several months of exclusively AS flying I'm suddenly closing in on MVP, so...
~3,800 to go
PDX & EUG
I'm trying to horde vacation days, so I'm mostly interested in quick weekends. (I've made a real hobby out of zipping off to a city for a night or two of random local music.)
Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by mildfrequence
I'm not sure how much I care, but after several months of exclusively AS flying I'm suddenly closing in on MVP, so...
~3,800 to go
PDX & EUG
I'm trying to horde vacation days, so I'm mostly interested in quick weekends. (I've made a real hobby out of zipping off to a city for a night or two of random local music.)
Thanks in advance!
Not sure what type of music you are into, but there are still some reasonable weekend-ish fares still lying around to BNA (via SEA or SFO). There are a few sub $300 r/t fares to MSP via SEA that would get the job done in less time as well. Two words: polka band.

Last edited by DrAlex; Nov 20, 2018 at 2:35 pm
Old Nov 20, 2018, 3:44 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
good thought, and I've had some good times @ BNA thanks
DrAlex likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.