Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AS: 2016-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2016, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:

Qualification requirements

Three ways to qualify for each level: miles on Alaska only (includes Alaska flights operated by Horizon or Skywest), combination of miles on Alaska or partners (no minimum on Alaska, can be 100% partners), or combination of segments on Alaska or partners (no minimum on Alaska, can be 100% partners).

MVP: 20,000 miles on Alaska/25,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/30 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners

MVP Gold: 40,000 miles on Alaska/50,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/60 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners

75K: 75,000 miles on Alaska/90,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/90 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners
Print Wikipost

AS: 2016-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
Hello All,
So I started working for a company in July of this year that requires me to travel a lot on Alaska. Really want MVP for next year but I have quite aways to go. Might be too far out of reach but I figured I'd find out what you nice people can come up with. I don't have to be at work until after New Year so if I ended up somewhere fun for a day or two I wouldn't be too upset.

Departure Airport: STS or SFO
Miles Needed: 7,310
Required Spend or Budget: No set budget, but less is better
Available Travel Dates: Extremely flexible but would prefer to be home for Christmas
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Whatever works to get MVP

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by ggreen144; Dec 18, 2017 at 5:20 pm
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by ggreen144
Hello All,
So I started working for a company in July of this year that requires me to travel a lot on Alaska. Really want MVP for next year but I have quite aways to go. Might be too far out of reach but I figured I'd find out what you nice people can come up with. I don't have to be at work until after New Year so if I ended up somewhere fun for a day or two I wouldn't be too upset.

Departure Airport: STS or SFO
Miles Needed: 7,310
Required Spend or Budget: No set budget, but less is better
Available Travel Dates: Extremely flexible but would prefer to be home for Christmas
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Whatever works to get MVP

Thanks in advance!
https://goo.gl/flights/Q7zn

Pros: Virgin First Class
Cons: $$$

Comes out to 11 cents/mi... might be worth just waiting until 2018 honestly since you'd get MVP for the rest of 2018 and 2019.

/edit: Looks like you could snag a MCS seat for the redeye flight to BOS for $200 cheaper. The 50% bonus for MCS still means you'd come out with the mileage you need. 2700 * 1.5 + 2700 * 1.75 = 8775
Old Dec 19, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
Thanks! I may take your advice and wait for January to make MVP early next year and get the added bonus of having it for the rest of '18 and '19. Thanks for the effort nonetheless!
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: Alaska
Exclamation HELP - only 2 days!

Departure Airport: PDX
Miles Needed: 5,667 or 8 segments
Required Spend or Budget: Hoping to stay under $600
Available Travel Dates: 12/30 & 12/31
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: I don't know what this is...
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:25 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by travitravv
Departure Airport: PDX
Miles Needed: 5,667 or 8 segments
Required Spend or Budget: Hoping to stay under $600
Available Travel Dates: 12/30 & 12/31
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: I don't know what this is...
Welcome to Flyertalk & Talk about waiting till the last minute. Not much hope for you this year I’m afraid.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:32 pm

Thanks for trying

I appreciate the help, I’m already MVP for next year but was hoping to keep my gold status. Shucks!
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by travitravv
I appreciate the help, I’m already MVP for next year but was hoping to keep my gold status. Shucks!
Well, you wanting to spend $600 vs spending $731.60 is a small price to pay for better UG chances - 4GGU’s, Additional RDM earn and most importantly - no change fees
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:57 pm

Its more about the travel time than price on that one. A 21 hour journey seems a bit ambitious for me.

Originally Posted by flyupfrnt

Well, you wanting to spend $600 vs spending $731.60 is a small price to pay for better UG chances - 4GGU’s, Additional RDM earn and most importantly - no change fees
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:09 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...8-rt-2cpm.html

Check this thread out when you have time.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 2:56 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Many thanks to all who have spent time helping fellow FlyerTalkers find those extra runs for status.

A very Happy 2018 to all!

Pat89339, Moderator
Mileage Run Forum
Old Jan 3, 2018, 4:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Competition on routes to Hawaii looks to be paying off: BOS-LIH (Kauai) is as low as $505 (4.8 cpm). However, overnight required in SAN on both outbound and inbound. https://goo.gl/flights/jgnJ
Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Program
ideas for AS Mileage Runs from SFO?

Hi everyone,
I've been an Alaska Airlines loyalty member since 2016, and I'm just starting to really invest into doing what all of you guys are doing. It'll serve me very well, as I'm someone who will be traveling all across the country for music festivals/concerts for vlogging. The goal for me is to hit MVP Gold by the end of the year, and it would be my first time achieving any status on any airline. I'd be doing most of my flights from SFO under Alaska/Virgin America.

I'll be doing a mileage run from SFO>JFK, EWR>SFO beginning in April on AS about once a month. I've never done a mileage run before, so this specific one was the one I believed was best as I could find. It'll be 5,136 miles of flying round trip, and it'll cost me $220.99 + $44.60 in other transportation costs. Mostly doing these on Mondays-Thursday's as my target dates for doing this once-a-month mileage run. If anyone has any better mileage runs under this airline for much cheaper and bigger mileage, let me know! I'm curious to see what else is in store!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:49 pm

Check all other old virgin routes from SFO (e.g. Boston, FLL, HNL etc). They have similar pricing also and might net more miles?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:43 am

Like some of you, I received the targeted offer to renew MVP Gold with 10k miles (since I didn't requal in '17). Any ideas for weekend legs that can hit 10k in 1-2 runs, on AS/VX metal?
NixRox likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Program
Originally Posted by evotion
Like some of you, I received the targeted offer to renew MVP Gold with 10k miles (since I didn't requal in '17). Any ideas for weekend legs that can hit 10k in 1-2 runs, on AS/VX metal?
what's the airport hub you are residing at? I'm at SFO so I'll be doing a SFO>JFK, then EWR>SFO on the same day about once a month. It'll net me about 5,136 miles for about $220.99 RT in the middle of the week. Weekend legs for that I think are a little more pricy during the off-peak season being now, so that's a good one at least for those from SFO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.