Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA/Star Alliance: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value):
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:

Route(s) You've Already Searched:
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)?

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.
There are many good fares to China (PEK or PVG). If you have a Chinese visa, these options will be provided.

If your requested PQM is in a few thousand, please give a more accurate amount. You will get fewer options with a roundup number (eg, 5000 instead of 4830; IAD-SFO nonstop will work for the latter.)
Print Wikipost

UA/Star Alliance: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
WAS or NYC

Originally Posted by daveb9999
Departure Airport:SFO
Miles Needed:2,623 to 1k.
Required Spend or Budget: <600
Available Travel Dates: Saturdays through the end of year
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: UAL

Route(s) You've Already Searched: SFO ORD
Do you have a Chinese Visa? (Yes/No). Yes

Trying to avoid ORD. Any other suggestions? Thx
There are lots of nonstop options to IAD and EWR for about $300.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:54 am

SFO to MCI to DEN to SFO sameday Dec 15th for $255 will get you around 3K EQM
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=S...140*.USD.25440
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:56 am

FLl-San

Originally Posted by sidharth134

thank you - Little too expensive then I was hoping for.
you can look at options of two shorter trips. The one-trip option is very limited because of 7500 PQM for domestic flights. Good luck.

Edit: If you want to gamble on SDC, you can do FLL-EWR-SAN-EWR-FLL for about 7000 PQM and $282. Just book two one-ways for SDC to get an extra 500 PQM on either outbound or inbound. Book it ASAP. Good luck.

Last edited by Kmxu; Nov 20, 2018 at 10:37 am
Old Nov 20, 2018, 12:37 pm

Thanks again KMXU. What i mean is that i can use DEN or IAH as a starting point. Not sure if that would help. Would much rather traipse across North America to get the 9K than go all the way to Asia but if I have to I will, i haven't had 1K yet but hope it will be worth it.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Thanks again KMXU. What i mean is that i can use DEN or IAH as a starting point. Not sure if that would help. Would much rather traipse across North America to get the 9K than go all the way to Asia but if I have to I will, i haven't had 1K yet but hope it will be worth it.
Well, DEN and IAH are both United hubs; domestic ticket prices are higher when there is less competition. So, it will not help you if you really want to do domestic runs. A USA-Hong Kong run is more efficient and you can stay there for two nights (about $50 per night for "Guest House" type accommodations; shuttle bus to Kowloon, HK, costs less than $10 round trip) to have a mini vacation. The weather is just warm (70-80F).
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:20 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
From IAH you could get a nice weekend trip in to Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo, Rio or Santiago. I find South America mileage runs to be the kindest on the body and plenty of daytime there to enjoy. From DEN I would be heading to Tokyo for a nice MR, went there for a few days when that flight first opened up.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: AA Gld; DL Plat; UA Gld;Bonvoy Titanium4Life; Hyatt Silver;
BOS based, need 7200 PQM in 24 hours +/-

Departure Airport: prefer BOS, could also do most east coast airports.
Miles Needed: 7200
Required Spend or Budget: <$0.05 CPM; <$1000;
Available Travel Dates: weekdays, Dec 4-20 ex. 13-17
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: OK, but pref UA metal for E+

Route(s) You've Already Searched: LHR-LAX, BOS-Hawaii, BOS-1000 miles from SFO
Do you have a Chinese Visa? (Yes/No). No Chinese, Yes Brazilian

Need 7200 miles to re qualify Gold. Prefer UA metal so I can pick my E+ seat. Trying to do it in one day, which eliminates Europe and Hawaii, and two BOS-SFO/LAX runs. BOS-OGG takes too long, LHR-LAX was really cheap, but cost too much to re-position on both ends. I'm willing to buy Biz, but can't find a reasonable CPM. I can start at most east coast airports. please share your favorite routes and I'll try to fit it into my work schedule! Thanks.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 8:20 am

BOS-SEA with some SDC on Dec. 12

Originally Posted by FNZFUND
Departure Airport: prefer BOS, could also do most east coast airports.
Miles Needed: 7200
Required Spend or Budget: <$0.05 CPM; <$1000;
Available Travel Dates: weekdays, Dec 4-20 ex. 13-17
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: OK, but pref UA metal for E+

Route(s) You've Already Searched: LHR-LAX, BOS-Hawaii, BOS-1000 miles from SFO
Do you have a Chinese Visa? (Yes/No). No Chinese, Yes Brazilian

Need 7200 miles to re qualify Gold. Prefer UA metal so I can pick my E+ seat. Trying to do it in one day, which eliminates Europe and Hawaii, and two BOS-SFO/LAX runs. BOS-OGG takes too long, LHR-LAX was really cheap, but cost too much to re-position on both ends. I'm willing to buy Biz, but can't find a reasonable CPM. I can start at most east coast airports. please share your favorite routes and I'll try to fit it into my work schedule! Thanks.
Here is one idea for BOS-SEA with SDC help (you can SDC for free with Premier Gold status; you cannot book Basic Economy fares, period!):
You cannot travel on the dates with the cheapest fares between BOS and SEA (~$277). If you want to gamble on SDC on outbound (from BOS-IAH-SEA to BOS-IAH-SFO-SEA) and return SEA-SFO-BOS. This will give you more than 7200 PQM. The cost is about $350 and up on dates with a good SDC potential. Just book two separate one-way tickets and check the potential SDC target flights carefully. Good luck

Depending upon exactly PQM that you need (hope it is less than 7200), you can use SDC for IAD-BOS segment to achieve the goal. The price is $364.
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=B...372*.USD.36372

Last edited by Kmxu; Nov 21, 2018 at 7:50 pm Reason: BOS-SJO
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: Start Alliance
Need 5,847 PQM miles by Dec 31st on UA / Star Alliance

Hello,

I'm only 5,847 PQM miles away from Platinum Status on United / Star Alliance, but don't have any more planned trips this year... Any thoughts on the best way to bridge that gap with just over a month left in 2018?

Departure Airport: DEN
Miles Needed: 5,847 PQM
Required Spend or Budget: cheaper is better , any hope of less than $1,000 USD?
Available Travel Dates: anytime, except Dec 24th - 26th
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: yes
Do you have a Chinese Visa? (Yes/No). No, from 2012, assume expired

Thanks!
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by Mrebiv
Hello,

I'm only 5,847 PQM miles away from Platinum Status on United / Star Alliance, but don't have any more planned trips this year... Any thoughts on the best way to bridge that gap with just over a month left in 2018?

Departure Airport: DEN
Miles Needed: 5,847 PQM
Required Spend or Budget: cheaper is better , any hope of less than $1,000 USD?
Available Travel Dates: anytime, except Dec 24th - 26th
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: yes
Do you have a Chinese Visa? (Yes/No). No, from 2012, assume expired

Thanks!
DEN-EWR-BQN-EWR-BQN
Depart Dec 10, Return Dec 10 (1 hour turn in BQN, but it's the same plane, so no chance of missing the flight if the inbound is delayed)
$413 (can be done on a Sat/Sun for $430 if that's better for you)
~6380 PQM
https://goo.gl/flights/fWXLT

Regarding your Chinese visa, have you checked to see if it's a 10 year visa? Mine is from 2015 or so and is good for 10 years. Might be worth checking, since sometimes some good Chinese visits show up that require a visa.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 12:04 pm

Departure Airport: ORD
Miles Needed: 0.5 Segments to keep UA MP Silver for 2019 (have 29.5/30)
Required Spend or Maximum Budget : ~US$200.00
Available Travel Dates: Sat or Sun in December 2018
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: No, UA only

Route(s) You've Already Searched: ORD>MKE Dec 8, 2018 (one way $160) , Dec 8, 2018 ORD<>DEN (RT $200)
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? No
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
How about this?
IAD-CDG on 12/17
CDG-GVA-IAD on 12/24
8952 PQM, $720
https://goo.gl/flights/oErBC
That would have been great. Unfortunately I took a little bit to long to pull the trigger, and the flight has now doubled in price. Any other ideas? Anything that can be upgraded with points would be great as well (no co-pay).

Originally Posted by 100% Green
Departure Airport: WAS (IAD/DCA)
Miles Needed: 8200
Required Spend or Budget: $0 Required spend Would like to spend around $500 can go up to $1000 if it's upgradable.
Available Travel Dates: December - 12/16-12/31 w/minimum 5 days (would like this to be a vacation)
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Any just need the mileage

Ideally looking to get the final 8200 miles needed for 1K. I have plenty of PQD, it's just the final PQM that I am missing.

Bonus points for London, Paris, Italy or somewhere warm.
Still the parameters I am aiming for, although I can do 2/3 days for the right flight if that helps at all.

Should have pulled the trigger when mpiotrow originally provided the great fare!

I don't mind multi-city fare (for example enter through CDG depart from somewhere else in europe if reasonably positioned)...

Since originally posting I have played around with a lot of combos including CDG, FCO, FRA, MUC, TXL, VIE, BCN, GVA, ZRH, BRU, AMS, TLV, OSL, ATH, QYG, ARN, IST, but can't find anything w/in budget. I'm not tied to Europe either if there's a good suggestion out there.

Last edited by 100% Green; Nov 21, 2018 at 2:13 pm
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:26 pm

MKE-CLE for $144

Originally Posted by hman414
Departure Airport: ORD
Miles Needed: 0.5 Segments to keep UA MP Silver for 2019 (have 29.5/30)
Required Spend or Maximum Budget : ~US$200.00
Available Travel Dates: Sat or Sun in December 2018
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: No, UA only

Route(s) You've Already Searched: ORD>MKE Dec 8, 2018 (one way $160) , Dec 8, 2018 ORD<>DEN (RT $200)
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? No
Book it before this price is gone.
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=M...400*.USD.14400
Okay, here is another idea for $85 plus a dinner for your friend (Take your friend to MKE and he will pick you up at ORD, then you go to dinner with him/her.)
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=M...o;sp:.USD.8480

Last edited by Kmxu; Nov 21, 2018 at 6:32 pm Reason: One way for $85
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:45 pm

IAD-IAH-Lima-IAH-IAD for $938

Originally Posted by 100% Green
That would have been great. Unfortunately I took a little bit to long to pull the trigger, and the flight has now doubled in price. Any other ideas? Anything that can be upgraded with points would be great as well (no co-pay).

Still the parameters I am aiming for, although I can do 2/3 days for the right flight if that helps at all.

Should have pulled the trigger when mpiotrow originally provided the great fare!

I don't mind multi-city fare (for example enter through CDG depart from somewhere else in europe if reasonably positioned)...

Since originally posting I have played around with a lot of combos including CDG, FCO, FRA, MUC, TXL, VIE, BCN, GVA, ZRH, BRU, AMS, TLV, OSL, ATH, QYG, ARN, IST, but can't find anything w/in budget. I'm not tied to Europe either if there's a good suggestion out there.
This trip will give you enough PQM (without worrying about jet lag); The bonus is that you can use a GPU for outbound (V class). I did not check PZ space. Good luck!
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=I...778*.USD.93778
Old Nov 21, 2018, 7:33 pm

Programs: AC*SE, HH*G, AClub*P
Need 12k AQMs by Dec 31 to make SE100 on AC

Departure Airport: SIN
Miles Needed: 12k
Maximum Budget: $1000 USD (~$1500 SGD)
Available Travel Dates: November 20-Dec 30 (wkends preferred)
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Codeshare Okay
Route(s) You've Already Searched: SIN-HKG-YYZ/YVR
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.