Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA/Star Alliance: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value):
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:

Route(s) You've Already Searched:
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)?

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.
There are many good fares to China (PEK or PVG). If you have a Chinese visa, these options will be provided.

If your requested PQM is in a few thousand, please give a more accurate amount. You will get fewer options with a roundup number (eg, 5000 instead of 4830; IAD-SFO nonstop will work for the latter.)
Print Wikipost

UA/Star Alliance: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by anandrag
BQN is still in US. No passport or other currency required
BQN is Puerto Rico. That is OCONUS.

Let the OP decide / comment.

David
Old Oct 31, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA mileage plus
IAH based, 5660 miles needed for Gold

Hi All,

Like an idiot, I booked my IAH - MAN flight on Singapore Airlines and thanks to the website malfunctioning.. my last planned flight of the year is not going to accrue miles due to Fare Class.

I'm not booked to go anywhere else for business this year and to add insult to injury - just lost my passport, so I'm domestic restricted! I'm not great at this stuff and would love some help figuring out if I can get to Charlotte NC or Atlanta this year and hit this mileage accrual. I'm UA Gold right now, all other criteria met.

Departure Airport: IAH
Miles Needed: 5660
Required Spend or Budget: $500 ideally..
Available Travel Dates: Any mid week / weekends after thanksgiving

Route(s) You've Already Searched: A few of them..
Old Oct 31, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ktpotter4
Hi All,

Like an idiot, I booked my IAH - MAN flight on Singapore Airlines and thanks to the website malfunctioning.. my last planned flight of the year is not going to accrue miles due to Fare Class.

I'm not booked to go anywhere else for business this year and to add insult to injury - just lost my passport, so I'm domestic restricted! I'm not great at this stuff and would love some help figuring out if I can get to Charlotte NC or Atlanta this year and hit this mileage accrual. I'm UA Gold right now, all other criteria met.

Here is IAH-EWR-BQN rt for $424. Plenty of dates available. 5970 miles rt.
https://www.google.com/flights/?hl=e...370*.USD.42370
Old Nov 1, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by ktpotter4
Hi All,

Just a random thought... call SQ and see if you can pay up to a higher fare class that will give you the needed qualifying mileage / PQD. That would eliminate your need to do an additional trip. You may be able to do it without paying a change fee.... after all, you would be giving SQ free money.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: United MileagePlus
From Philadelphia

Departure Airport: PHL (or ZFV, 30th St Station Philly Amtrak to Newark codeshare)
Miles Needed: 20k
Budget: ~$800
Available Travel Dates: Almost any weekend in November or December, though not Thanksgiving
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Codeshares okay, though prefer United
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: UA mileage plus
Originally Posted by jjmoore
Just a random thought... call SQ and see if you can pay up to a higher fare class that will give you the needed qualifying mileage / PQD. That would eliminate your need to do an additional trip. You may be able to do it without paying a change fee.... after all, you would be giving SQ free money.
Ohh interesting idea. Yeah the problem occurred because their website is TERRIBLE. I have never successfully completed a booking using it.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: United
You are right, i am sorry. I didnt even notice that and kept thinking well its waived for plat then it must be for 1k. in that case I am just going to go for platinum. Anyone see some good UA flights from EWR - business or better that can earn me 12K PQM without breaking the bank or taking multiple days?
Old Nov 1, 2018, 7:49 pm

united noob wants to make 1k

I'm 25k away from making 1k this year due to unusual travel requirements. This is likely my only chance to make 1k club and was if there are any creative ideas to get 25k more miles with 2 months left on the cal. Willing to spend some money to earn it
Old Nov 1, 2018, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Amex Plat, UA Club Card, National EE, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
Departure Airport: IAD/DCA/BWI
PQMs Needed: 50k (to reach 1K)
Budget: Negotiable (Business Class Travel Only)
Available Travel Dates: Almost any weekend in November or December, including Thanksgiving
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Codeshares okay, Star Alliance okay
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vote4pedro
I'm 25k away from making 1k this year due to unusual travel requirements. This is likely my only chance to make 1k club and was if there are any creative ideas to get 25k more miles with 2 months left on the cal. Willing to spend some money to earn it
Starting from what airport?
What have you investigated to date?
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by hokiebuy
Departure Airport: IAD/DCA/BWI
PQMs Needed: 50k (to reach 1K)
Budget: Negotiable (Business Class Travel Only)
Available Travel Dates: Almost any weekend in November or December, including Thanksgiving
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Codeshares okay, Star Alliance okay
Do 2 business class roundtrips to BQN the long way (as been described as nauseum here) which will give you about 36k. Should be able to get it for $700-1000 per trip. If you can get some good SDC good even get you to 40k. Then do roundtrip to west coast in business. Other option is business class to Asia which will give you 36-40k in one trip but will cost you more like $3k
Old Nov 2, 2018, 12:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, Amex Plat, UA Club Card, National EE, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by anandrag

Do 2 business class roundtrips to BQN the long way (as been described as nauseum here) which will give you about 36k. Should be able to get it for $700-1000 per trip. If you can get some good SDC good even get you to 40k. Then do roundtrip to west coast in business. Other option is business class to Asia which will give you 36-40k in one trip but will cost you more like $3k
Thanks! Can you post example of business class to Asia RT around $3k? Prices seem to have gone up a lot, I'm seeing more like $5k.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 1:09 am

Programs: UA
MR deals for 2018 from HKG

Hi all, new to MR

i'm based out of HK need about 13k to get to UA Gold

any ideas as to what the best/fastest/cost efficient route is to get there?

so far my searches have yielded me a transpacific flight to sfo/san/yvr, which ever is cheapest that i can run with i'm ok.

side bar- not sure at all if it has to be UA metal, but i think some star alliance partner fare classes only yield % of PQM?

thanks for the help!
Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:28 am

Programs: UA
help needed from HKG

Departure Airport: HKG
Miles Needed: 13/14k
Required Spend or Budget: 600
Available Travel Dates: Nov Dec
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: unsure of how codeshares fare codes counts towards PQM

Route(s) You've Already Searched: HKG to westcoast
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by hokiebuy
Thanks! Can you post example of business class to Asia RT around $3k? Prices seem to have gone up a lot, I'm seeing more like $5k.
Last I looked it was only available for $3k from YYZ on AC. Can typically get ticket to/from YYZ for about $200

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.