Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA/Star Alliance: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value):
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:

Route(s) You've Already Searched:
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)?

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.
There are many good fares to China (PEK or PVG). If you have a Chinese visa, these options will be provided.

If your requested PQM is in a few thousand, please give a more accurate amount. You will get fewer options with a roundup number (eg, 5000 instead of 4830; IAD-SFO nonstop will work for the latter.)
Print Wikipost

UA/Star Alliance: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2018, 6:16 pm
formerly skyccord

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Hertz President Circle, Marriott/SPG Premier Plat Elite, Avis Preferred
Departure Airport: EWR
Miles Needed: 264
Required Spend or Budget: $150
Available Travel Dates: Wide open
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: UA/AC

EWR-> YUL, EWR->ATL

THinking of a situation where i pay one way and do award travel for another leg. I know it's hard to find a good deal but I'm not trying to do a big mileage run for this. After i get these I plan on doing award travel for the remainder of the year.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by skyccord
Departure Airport: EWR
Miles Needed: 264
Required Spend or Budget: $150
Available Travel Dates: Wide open
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: UA/AC

EWR-> YUL, EWR->ATL

THinking of a situation where i pay one way and do award travel for another leg. I know it's hard to find a good deal but I'm not trying to do a big mileage run for this. After i get these I plan on doing award travel for the remainder of the year.
How about this? It's $163, but it's round trip, so you wouldn't have to use miles...
UA $163 EWR-MCO-EWR on Oct 2
https://goo.gl/flights/n23YP
Old Sep 16, 2018, 8:09 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Hi Folks, been doing tons of domestic flights on AC metal often on last minute full fare. Most of these flights are short haul so I just need to satisfy PQS and the minimum 4 UA segment requirement (need 3!)

Looking to do a same day RT if possible.

Departure Airport: YYZ
Miles Needed: N/A, 3 PQS needed
Required Spend or Budget: $400 below
Available Travel Dates: Anytime in November/December
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: UA and codeshare ok.
Route(s) You've Already Searched: YYZ-ORD-EWR, YYZ-EWR, YYZ-SFO-TPE.

Much appreciated!
Old Sep 16, 2018, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
Hi Folks, been doing tons of domestic flights on AC metal often on last minute full fare. Most of these flights are short haul so I just need to satisfy PQS and the minimum 4 UA segment requirement (need 3!)

Looking to do a same day RT if possible.

Departure Airport: YYZ
Miles Needed: N/A, 3 PQS needed
Required Spend or Budget: $400 below
Available Travel Dates: Anytime in November/December
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: UA and codeshare ok.
Route(s) You've Already Searched: YYZ-ORD-EWR, YYZ-EWR, YYZ-SFO-TPE.

Much appreciated!

I just picked a random date (Nov 6), and I see plenty of options on Google Flights. Try THIS LINK and see if anything there works for you. You can change the dates easily, etc.

Here is an example: YYZ-ORD-BNA-ORD-YYZ (all on UA) $229
secretalcoholic likes this.

Last edited by mpiotrow; Sep 16, 2018 at 9:07 pm Reason: Added additional info...
Old Sep 17, 2018, 5:31 am

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
I just picked a random date (Nov 6), and I see plenty of options on Google Flights. Try THIS LINK and see if anything there works for you. You can change the dates easily, etc.

Here is an example: YYZ-ORD-BNA-ORD-YYZ (all on UA) $229
Booked!!! THANK YOU!!

That's what I love about FL
mpiotrow likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Actual routing is DCA-IAH-EWR-BQN-EWR-IAH-DCA in economy. So over 8,000 miles for one trip.
Anyone do this yet?
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:32 am
formerly skyccord

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Hertz President Circle, Marriott/SPG Premier Plat Elite, Avis Preferred
How about this? It's $163, but it's round trip, so you wouldn't have to use miles...
UA $163 EWR-MCO-EWR on Oct 2
https://goo.gl/flights/n23YP
It's $171 basic economy but $221 standard fare. Need standard fare. Basic economy tickets don't count towards status/pqms. Thanks though.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:42 am

It's $171 basic economy but $221 standard fare. Need standard fare. Basic economy tickets don't count towards status/pqms. Thanks though.
Weird...I thought I made sure to search for "Overhead bin access included" (which would not return BE fares). Back to the drawing board! Sorry!

Here's an option for $185:
EWR-SYR-EWR on Oct 13
https://goo.gl/flights/Uu7yw

Last edited by mpiotrow; Sep 17, 2018 at 9:56 am Reason: Added additional info...
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:53 am
formerly skyccord

Weird...I thought I made sure to search for "Overhead bin access included" (which would not return BE fares). Back to the drawing board! Sorry!

Here's an option for $185:
EWR-SYR-EWR on Oct 13
https://goo.gl/flights/Uu7yw
So Google flights is weird even if you select that its shows the pricing with BE fares.

I think i'm just giong to head to Montreal for a weekend in October and catch the fall foliage. Didn't get to France this summer like I wanted to so it'll have to do.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:58 am

So Google flights is weird even if you select that its shows the pricing with BE fares.

I think i'm just giong to head to Montreal for a weekend in October and catch the fall foliage. Didn't get to France this summer like I wanted to so it'll have to do.
The $185 fare above is not BE. I clicked through to the UA website, and it shows that I'd get 500PQM each way for this trip (actual PQM is 194, but 500 is minimum for premier, of course).
Old Sep 17, 2018, 11:44 am

Mileage Run Help

Departure Airport: JFK, LGA, EWR
Miles Needed:12,000
Required Spend or Budget: $500 - $1,500
Available Travel Dates: Anytime in the next 6 months
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: UA, Star Alliance
Old Sep 17, 2018, 2:48 pm
formerly skyccord

The $185 fare above is not BE. I clicked through to the UA website, and it shows that I'd get 500PQM each way for this trip (actual PQM is 194, but 500 is minimum for premier, of course).
I know that. I meant that for the previous fare. For another $15 I can go to Montreal so I'm just going to do that. Fly AC one way and fly Porter on the return. Thanks for your help.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by arik.kayam
Departure Airport: JFK, LGA, EWR
Miles Needed:12,000
Required Spend or Budget: $500 - $1,500
Available Travel Dates: Anytime in the next 6 months
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: UA, Star Alliance
Lot of cheap UA flight to Europe this fall, I'd check from EWR to SEA to AMS, LHR, CDG, etc. round rtrip, this would hit your 12K miles and likely cost $600-$800
Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by standby1995
Lot of cheap UA flight to Europe this fall, I'd check from EWR to SEA to AMS, LHR, CDG, etc. round rtrip, this would hit your 12K miles and likely cost $600-$800
To Western Europe from EWR is typically around 4K each way so won’t hit 12k unless you can go long way via IAH or so
Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:34 am

Note the EWR to SEA leg, this adds the needed mileage and SEA is one of the cheaper destinations I've seen flights out of recently

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.