Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA/Star Alliance: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value):
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:

Route(s) You've Already Searched:
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)?

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.
There are many good fares to China (PEK or PVG). If you have a Chinese visa, these options will be provided.

If your requested PQM is in a few thousand, please give a more accurate amount. You will get fewer options with a roundup number (eg, 5000 instead of 4830; IAD-SFO nonstop will work for the latter.)
Print Wikipost

UA/Star Alliance: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by viperbrown
Is it too early to ask for 2018?
That's actually a good question...this is technically the "2016-2017" thread, and at least one other person has submitted a request for 2018. Perhaps it's time for someone (a mod?) to start a 2018 thread, and then move the applicable posts to that thread?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:51 am

Advice: United PQMs needed by end of the year!!

United Premier Gurus - I just was booked on a last minute work flight before the end of 2017 that has left me only 1900 PQM away from 1K!! Many have told me it is worth "flight hopping" but with the last minute nature of holiday travel it seems like it may be impossible to do a quick fly around to accumulate the needed miles on a budget. I would need to fly United out of either IAH or OKC. Any suggestions on flights that would land me 1K status for ideally <$500 but perhaps up $650... Thanks everyone!
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:41 pm

Welp, a couple business trips fell through and now I'm that guy asking for help getting to 1K. Thanks in advance.

Departure Airport: DEN (or COS)
Miles Needed: 12,000 PQM
Required Spend or Budget: $900 PQD
Available Travel Dates: Dec 23 & 24
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: UA metal
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Saxobear
Welp, a couple business trips fell through and now I'm that guy asking for help getting to 1K. Thanks in advance.

Is there a specific reason (ETC, or status match, maybe?) that this needs to be on UA metal only? That being said, I haven't found anything close to your required PQM for the $900 you want to spend, with only 4 days advance purchase, with a departure date of 2 days before Christmas (needing 6000 miles each direction from Denver, I assume this will require a trip to Asia/Europe, so you're pretty much locked into flying out on the 23rd and returning the 24th...I'm not sure you'd be able to get close to 12000 PQM with $900 in first class domestically)
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by mpiotrow
Is there a specific reason (ETC, or status match, maybe?) that this needs to be on UA metal only? That being said, I haven't found anything close to your required PQM for the $900 you want to spend, with only 4 days advance purchase, with a departure date of 2 days before Christmas (needing 6000 miles each direction from Denver, I assume this will require a trip to Asia/Europe, so you're pretty much locked into flying out on the 23rd and returning the 24th...I'm not sure you'd be able to get close to 12000 PQM with $900 in first class domestically)
I suppose I'm open to codeshare. To be completely honest, I don't know enough about it and how much it applies to the PQM or not, so I chose the metal. If it'll achieve the same goal (1K) and opens up possibilities here, I'm game.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:24 pm

I suppose I'm open to codeshare. To be completely honest, I don't know enough about it and how much it applies to the PQM or not, so I chose the metal. If it'll achieve the same goal (1K) and opens up possibilities here, I'm game.
Here's how you can find out what the PQM earnings will be from *A partners: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...ePartners.aspx
  • Click on the partner on which you will be flying, or that you are thinking about flying
  • Scroll down to the "MileagePlus Premier qualification" section
  • Find the fare class you are booked in on that airline
  • Look at the "Premier qualifying miles" in order to determine the % of the distance you fly that will be applied toward your UA premier status
FYI, I'm still not having any luck getting anywhere close to your requirements/budget
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:55 pm
ssh

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
I have decided that it is probably worth it to get to 1K again, given how next year is likely shaping up. It's a big order, but I was planning to just do a RT DEN-SIN in J to make it happen. If you are interested in taking a look at options, I would be delighted and appreciate any assistance.

Departure Airport: DEN
Miles Needed: 24,000 PQM
Required Spend or Budget: Unrestricted, no spend needed
Available Travel Dates: Dec 28-31
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Any for PQM

Note: I have available GPU for use on TATL/TPAC flights, and would use them.

Thank you in advance, and nothing at all expected, especially given this late date!
Old Dec 19, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by ssh
I have decided that it is probably worth it to get to 1K again, given how next year is likely shaping up. It's a big order, but I was planning to just do a RT DEN-SIN in J to make it happen. If you are interested in taking a look at options, I would be delighted and appreciate any assistance.

Thank you in advance, and nothing at all expected, especially given this late date!
If budget isn't an issue and since you have already met PQD then why not just buy PQM? Book the DEN-SIN flight, buy PQMI and then cancel the flight.

If you want BIS then I would look at EZE in Biz as a destination. You will get the PQM and it is kinder to the body, and you can even enjoy some time there.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 5:08 pm
ssh

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by AirMiles2001
If budget isn't an issue and since you have already met PQD then why not just buy PQM? Book the DEN-SIN flight, buy PQMI and then cancel the flight.

If you want BIS then I would look at EZE in Biz as a destination. You will get the PQM and it is kinder to the body, and you can even enjoy some time there.
I wasn't sure I could buy PQMI for 1K. Didn't used to be the case, I think. EZE is an interesting idea! I'll take a look. Thank you!
Old Dec 19, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (2020:Exp), United Gold
UA:$6201 DEN-EWR-SIN-DEN in Business 2017:23328PQM+2018:19264PQM

Originally Posted by ssh

If you can tack on ~4kPQM at the beginning of this trip, you'll hit 24kPQM when you land at SIN.. That would mean you can do the outbound in 2017, and return 2018, starting the year with almost 20kPQM! This is as close as I could find:

UA:$6201 DEN-EWR-SIN-DEN in Business 23328PQM(2017) + 19264PQM(2018)
Fri 29 Dec DEN-EWR
(5h47m in EWR)
Sat 30 Dec EWR-NRT-SIN
(11h30m in SIN)
Mon 01 Jan SIN-LAX-DEN
https://goo.gl/flights/r1w4

NRT-SIN is on NH. First flight is recliner, rest are all **lay-flat**.

Seems to be roughly the same price as DEN-SIN-DEN, so it would be great if this could work for you. You can also try other cities for your first stop. Good luck!

UPDATE: on second thought, it might be cheaper to just buy the miles, as suggested earlier. I'm thinking it would be about half this price. Next year's miles can be had for a lot cheaper than this method.

Last edited by wh6cto; Dec 19, 2017 at 7:20 pm Reason: Corrected grammar; added comment about buying miles
Old Dec 19, 2017, 5:56 pm

UA:$1918 DEN-ICN 13262PQM or UA:$2103 DEN-SJU in Business 12092PQM

I'm reading this as you need 900PQD. Not sure what your budget is, but this is the best I have been able to find within your limited schedule :

UA:$1918 DEN-ICN 13262PQM
Sat 23 Dec DEN-SFO-ICN
(1h45m in ICN)
Sun 24 Dec ICN-SFO-DEN
https://goo.gl/flights/Sa5M

For that kind of price, I would rather "pay $200 to upgrade" and do:

UA:$2103 DEN-SJU in Business 12092PQM
Sat 23 Dec DEN-IAD
(2h58m in IAD)
Sun 24 Dec IAD-SJU-IAD-DEN
https://goo.gl/flights/Atno
Departs DEN 11:59pm. IAD-DEN is **lay-flat**

-or-

UA:$2121 DEN-SJU in Business 12848PQM
Fri 22 Dec DEN-EWR
(3h32m in EWR)
Sat 23 Dec EWR-SJU-EWR-DEN
(1h20m in SJU)
https://goo.gl/flights/sV2n
Departs DEN 11:25pm. EWR-SJU-EWR is **lay-flat**
Old Dec 19, 2017, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, National Executive
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
That's actually a good question...this is technically the "2016-2017" thread, and at least one other person has submitted a request for 2018. Perhaps it's time for someone (a mod?) to start a 2018 thread, and then move the applicable posts to that thread?
Would still love some help now so I can book better flights now instead of closer in in Jan/Feb.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 7:34 pm

UA:$675 SFO-HKG nonstop 13828PQM, or UA:$707 SFO-GUM (via HKG) 15230PQM

Is it too early to ask for 2018? Gonna submit a request shortly for the UA MileagePlus Premier Status Match Challenge - https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...omoCode=TB8230

Premier Gold needs 12,500 PQM or 15 PQS on flights operated by United or United Express.

Departure Airport: SFO/OAK/SJC (Los Angeles airports as a backup)
Miles Needed: 12,500 PQMs (achieved in >1 trip also works, North America or Europe only)
Required Spend or Budget: cheapest possible
Available Travel Dates: weekends ideally but 24-72 hour layover that go into weekdays is fine in January and February 2018, except Jan 12-15)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: as above
Would still love some help now so I can book better flights now instead of closer in in Jan/Feb.
With status expiring, there will be many starting their challenges in January. That means booking starting early December. So no, not too early to ask for help. Ideally, we should have a new thread started, but until then the only place it could be is here.

For a single trip, something like this could work:

UA:$675 SFO-HKG nonstop 13828PQM
Sat 20 Jan SFO-HKG
(16h overnight in HKG)
Mon 22 Jan HKG-SFO
https://goo.gl/flights/69go

-or-

UA:$707 SFO-GUM (via HKG) 15230PQM
Fri 19 Jan SFO-HKG-GUM-HNL-SFO
https://goo.gl/flights/MW1U
This one ends up being cheaper, since it doesn't require a hotel.

Both of these cost less on Mon/Tue.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 7:49 pm

Programs: United, AAdvantage, Delta
Hellow wise FT users.

I'm currently 8,372 miles and $167 PQD short of 1k status on UA.

Contemplating a last-minute mileage run out of Denver to get over the hump. The least brutal option I've found so far is DEN-LIM via EWR on the way out, IAH on the way back for $1,200 next week. This is obviously really late in the game, but I'd be interested in any other routing that gets me to 1k cheaper if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks for your help!
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:28 pm

Last minute help - premier plat

I had a few trips fall through, I know this is so last minute but hoping I can find something to keep premier platinum
Departure Airport: WAS (other major airports in the USA work too as I can probably find a flight there using miles or a different airline if need be)
Miles Needed: 17,000
Required Spend or Budget: n/a
Available Travel Dates: anytime after Christmas
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Codeshares ok

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.