Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA/Star Alliance: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

UA/Star Alliance: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

    Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 31, 18, 3:03 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Pat89339
Wiki Link
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value):
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:

Route(s) You've Already Searched:
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)?

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.
There are many good fares to China (PEK or PVG). If you have a Chinese visa, these options will be provided.

If your requested PQM is in a few thousand, please give a more accurate amount. You will get fewer options with a roundup number (eg, 5000 instead of 4830; IAD-SFO nonstop will work for the latter.)
Print Wikipost

Closed Thread

Old Dec 10, 18, 7:10 pm
  #2401  
Moderator, Trip Reports
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 6km East of EPAYE
Programs: UA Silver, AS & AA GM, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,164
Originally Posted by mbizz View Post
you could do SFO-OGG/OGG-SFO on 12/27 for $491 and 4,676 PQM
For a few bucks more there are quick turns in EWR on 27th & 28th. It's more miles.
Madone59 is offline  
Old Dec 11, 18, 4:34 am
  #2402  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ORF, RIC
Programs: UA 1K 2MM; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum
Posts: 2,797
Originally Posted by mbizz View Post
Departure Airport: IAH
Miles Needed: 7101 for Gold
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): 500
Available Travel Dates: 12/11, 12-12,
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Y
Route(s) You've Already Searched:
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? Yes
just a suggestion for run over two years if you cannot find anything better. IAH-SFO-PEK gives you enough PQM for this year! You will get a head start next year!
https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...sp:2.USD.86613
mbizz likes this.
Kmxu is online now  
Old Dec 11, 18, 4:43 am
  #2403  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ORF, RIC
Programs: UA 1K 2MM; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum
Posts: 2,797
Getting a Chinese visa for this deal? $728 to PVG

Originally Posted by azteckeeper View Post
Departure Airport: DFW
Miles Needed: 16775
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): budget up ~$2,000
Available Travel Dates: weekends of DEC 15/17, DEC 29/31
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: only need PQM

Route(s) You've Already Searched: DFW to Brussels, DFW to Copenhagen, DFW to HON
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? No

Can do a medium haul first or business or a long haul econ, but would love to do a quick turn at dest. Thanks ahead of time!
https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...13*2.USD.72763
Kmxu is online now  
Old Dec 11, 18, 4:49 am
  #2404  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ORF, RIC
Programs: UA 1K 2MM; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum
Posts: 2,797
BWI-PEK for ~$600 and 16,500 PQM if you can get a Chinese visa

Originally Posted by bryanb123dc View Post
Departure Airport: IAD or DCA
Miles Needed: 11,000 to reach Premier Platinum
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): $1,000
Available Travel Dates: 12/16 - 12/25
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Unsure

Route(s) You've Already Searched: IAD/LAX
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? No
https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...13*2.USD.60313
Kmxu is online now  
Old Dec 11, 18, 6:22 am
  #2405  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Programs: UA Platinum
Posts: 1
11,000 miles out of PIT

Trying to reach Platinum this year as cheaply as possible. Need 11,000 more miles and my home airport is PIT, though I can get to IAD easily enough. I don't have a China visa right now. Any suggestions to hack this appreciated!
KellyMac is offline  
Old Dec 11, 18, 8:12 am
  #2406  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Home Airport- EWR
Programs: United MileagePlus
Posts: 3
Hi All- second time posting ever, thanks for any help you can give. (I just started traveling for business over the past year- I travel frequently now, but am in awe at how much I have to learn, etc.)

Because of some stupidity (on my part), I didn't buckle-down and stay loyal to UA until about May of this year... thus, I am Gold, and short 8,606 PQM's from Platinum (already blew past PQD's, so I'm all set there).

Does anyone have any recommendations for a mileage-run for me (based out of EWR)? Or is the difference between Gold/Plat not really worth it anymore?

Thanks so much!

Departure Airport: EWR
Miles Needed: 8,606
Maximum Budget: $500-$750 (already blew way past PQD's, so I am loathe to spend more money )
Available Travel Dates: pretty much anytime in December- especially week between Christmas and New Year's
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: only need PQM
Route(s) You've Already Searched: EWR to SFO, EWR to DUB, EWR to CDG, EWR to LHR
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? No

Last edited by FlyFemale; Dec 11, 18 at 8:12 am Reason: change in word
FlyFemale is offline  
Old Dec 11, 18, 9:46 am
  #2407  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: SAN
Programs: UA-1K, HH-Gold, MR/SPG - Gold, HY-Explorist
Posts: 188
Departure Airport: SAN, SNA also ok but less preferred
Miles Needed: 7950 for 1k
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): Max budget: already met PQD requirements, so less is better; anything over $1,000 is an automatic no
Available Travel Dates: 12/21, 12/22, 12/26-12/31; preference to not having to get a hotel room anywhere but ok with redeyes.
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Codeshares ok, but must earn UA miles

Route(s) You've Already Searched: SAN-EWR, SAN-WAS
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)?no

Thanks everyone!
asquare is offline  
Old Dec 11, 18, 9:47 am
  #2408  
Moderator, Trip Reports
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 6km East of EPAYE
Programs: UA Silver, AS & AA GM, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,164
Originally Posted by FlyFemale View Post
Departure Airport: EWR
Miles Needed: 8,606
Maximum Budget: $500-$750 (already blew way past PQD's, so I am loathe to spend more money )
Available Travel Dates: pretty much anytime in December- especially week between Christmas and New Year's
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: only need PQM
Route(s) You've Already Searched: EWR to SFO, EWR to DUB, EWR to CDG, EWR to LHR
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? No
A quick single turn to Hawaii next week will get it done for about $900. If you're ok making multiple trips look at ZFV-YVR. It can be a little but of a pain getting to Philly just to take the train to EWR but two of these will come in under budget. If you can stack two YVR trips like THIS on a single ticket you're protected against IROPS. If not I'd do these several days apart just in case.


Good luck
FlyFemale likes this.

Last edited by Madone59; Dec 11, 18 at 9:54 am
Madone59 is offline  
Old Dec 11, 18, 9:58 am
  #2409  
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NY
Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Posts: 2,657
Originally Posted by Madone59 View Post
A quick single turn to Hawaii next week will get it done for about $900. If you're ok making multiple trips look at ZFV-YVR. It can be a little but of a pain getting to Philly just to take the train to EWR but two of these will come in under budget. If you can stack two YVR trips like THIS on a single ticket you're protected against IROPS. If not I'd do these several days apart just in case.


Good luck
This is cool! Never done train with UA flight number... 500 miles PQM?
anandrag is offline  
Old Dec 11, 18, 10:02 am
  #2410  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ORF, RIC
Programs: UA 1K 2MM; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum
Posts: 2,797
Ewr-sfo-sin, 11K PQM; over two program years! $910

Originally Posted by FlyFemale View Post
Hi All- second time posting ever, thanks for any help you can give. (I just started traveling for business over the past year- I travel frequently now, but am in awe at how much I have to learn, etc.)

Because of some stupidity (on my part), I didn't buckle-down and stay loyal to UA until about May of this year... thus, I am Gold, and short 8,606 PQM's from Platinum (already blew past PQD's, so I'm all set there).

Does anyone have any recommendations for a mileage-run for me (based out of EWR)? Or is the difference between Gold/Plat not really worth it anymore?

Thanks so much!

Departure Airport: EWR
Miles Needed: 8,606
Maximum Budget: $500-$750 (already blew way past PQD's, so I am loathe to spend more money )
Available Travel Dates: pretty much anytime in December- especially week between Christmas and New Year's
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: only need PQM
Route(s) You've Already Searched: EWR to SFO, EWR to DUB, EWR to CDG, EWR to LHR
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? No
https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...63*2.USD.90963
FlyFemale likes this.
Kmxu is online now  
Old Dec 11, 18, 10:23 am
  #2411  
Moderator, Trip Reports
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 6km East of EPAYE
Programs: UA Silver, AS & AA GM, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,164
Originally Posted by anandrag View Post
This is cool! Never done train with UA flight number... 500 miles PQM?
I think so but it's been a long time since I've made a ZFV MR, so I'd double here on this thread for a current answer: United-Amtrak Codeshare FAQ - Including ZFV (Philadelphia)
Madone59 is offline  
Old Dec 11, 18, 10:27 am
  #2412  
Moderator, Trip Reports
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 6km East of EPAYE
Programs: UA Silver, AS & AA GM, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,164
Originally Posted by asquare View Post
Departure Airport: SAN, SNA also ok but less preferred
Miles Needed: 7950 for 1k
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): Max budget: already met PQD requirements, so less is better; anything over $1,000 is an automatic no
Available Travel Dates: 12/21, 12/22, 12/26-12/31; preference to not having to get a hotel room anywhere but ok with redeyes.
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Codeshares ok, but must earn UA miles

Route(s) You've Already Searched: SAN-EWR, SAN-WAS
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)?no

Thanks everyone!
It's more miles than you're going to need, and I'm not going to lie, it ain't going to tickle, but you won't need a hotel room. Check out this Tokyo trip for under $1,000
Madone59 is offline  
Old Dec 11, 18, 10:41 am
  #2413  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: SF Bay Area
Programs: UA Platinum, GHA Black, Hertz Gold, Avis Pref.
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by Madone59 View Post
For a few bucks more there are quick turns in EWR on 27th & 28th. It's more miles.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm heading to Maui. Should have enough time to grab a mai tai before heading back
robNorCal is offline  
Old Dec 11, 18, 11:17 am
  #2414  
Moderator, Trip Reports
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 6km East of EPAYE
Programs: UA Silver, AS & AA GM, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,164
Originally Posted by robNorCal View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm heading to Maui. Should have enough time to grab a mai tai before heading back
Awesome Happy MRing!
Madone59 is offline  
Old Dec 11, 18, 2:13 pm
  #2415  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Programs: UA1K, Marriott Platinum Elite
Posts: 8
1K miles needed

Departure Airport:BOS/MHT
Miles Needed:20K
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): Required $800
Available Travel Dates: Dec 11-19
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:Y

Route(s) You've Already Searched: -
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)?No

I did a strange run last December BOS - YVR that was an overnight run that routed through MSY and IAH. It was about $500 and 20K miles. Looking for any innovative, reasonably cheap ($900 or less) ideas.
Thanks for your help!
prhagen is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread