Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA/Star Alliance: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value):
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:

Route(s) You've Already Searched:
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)?

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.
There are many good fares to China (PEK or PVG). If you have a Chinese visa, these options will be provided.

If your requested PQM is in a few thousand, please give a more accurate amount. You will get fewer options with a roundup number (eg, 5000 instead of 4830; IAD-SFO nonstop will work for the latter.)
Print Wikipost

UA/Star Alliance: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
LAX-MNL

LAX-MNL for nearly 16K miles, $880. Outbound is K fare but inbound is W fare (you can upgrade the return segments including GUM-HNL with a GPU). If your schedule is more flexible, you can try to get K fare both ways to minimize cpm.
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...=STAR_ALLIANCE
Good luck.

Edit: $653 for the following dates, May 20-23 (needs to do same day change for the first segment):

Edit 2: $602 for April 29 to May 2.

Edit 3: The previous 2-3 pages of this thread have some discussion of MNL transit and customs procedures.

Originally Posted by Asknorm
Departure Airport: san, sna, lax
Miles Needed: 15k UA- ultimate goals is 100K this year to get me to 2MM on UAL
Required Spend or Budget: up to 750US
Available Travel Dates: 4/20-4/23
My challenge is I have an afternoon meeting in Spokane on 4/20 and cannot leave until 4/21 so I am trying to wrap this into this trip. I tried ITA but obviously not using it correctly because nothing is coming up. I appreciate any help. Not really concerned about where I fly, just trying to scratch this level off my list. Thanks for any assistance or pointing me in the right direction.

Last edited by Kmxu; Apr 7, 2017 at 3:20 pm
Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: 2MM United, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Plat
Thank you very much!
Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Marriot
Departure Airport: SMF, SFO, HNL
Miles Needed: 15K
Required Spend or Budget: $1000 max
Available Travel Dates: Please see below
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: UA
I have to travel to HNL from SMF/SFO every week for the next 6-8 weeks and be there between Monday and Thursday. Is it possible to buy a ticket that allows me to do a mileage run with a stopover in HNL between Mon/Thursday. I can do the run on the weekend prior to Monday or the weekend after Thursday . Any help is greatly appreciated. I played with the MNL fares, but the stopover increases the fare drastically.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Here's a HNL - GUM - MNL run for $553 on a weekend. It's 10k miles, so you'd only need a 5k mile trip for another $500ish.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...HNL1UA200;a=UA

Here's one from SMF. 16908 miles for $636: SMF - LAX - HNL - GUM - MNL - GUM - HNL - LAX - SMF. Not the most comfortable routing, but it's a decent cpm at 3.76

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...MF1UA5635;a=UA
Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:12 am

Programs: UA, Starwood, Marriot
Originally Posted by motoridersd
Here's a HNL - GUM - MNL run for $553 on a weekend. It's 10k miles, so you'd only need a 5k mile trip for another $500ish.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...HNL1UA200;a=UA

Here's one from SMF. 16908 miles for $636: SMF - LAX - HNL - GUM - MNL - GUM - HNL - LAX - SMF. Not the most comfortable routing, but it's a decent cpm at 3.76

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...MF1UA5635;a=UA
thank you.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: krisflyer, ihg spire
Departure Airport: LHR
Miles Needed: 10k miles
Required Spend or Budget: 500EUR max (Y Class)
Available Travel Dates: 11th to 13th May
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: any *A

Thanks!
Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk Christopher Thong ^. I assume from your information you are crediting this MR to SQ. Is that correct?
Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Madone59
Welcome to Flyertalk Christopher Thong ^. I assume from your information you are crediting this MR to SQ. Is that correct?
Hello! Yes it is for credit to SQ. Sorry for leaving that out!
Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
OK, this may be a stretch but it looks like it will book for Ł454.

STN-MUC-BSL-FRA-JFK-FRA-MUC-STN

Also take a look at
STN-MUC-FRA-PHL-FRA-DUS-MUC-STN

You may want to check WhereToCredit.Com to make sure these LH flights and Eurowings code shares will credit to SQ before booking.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 4:10 am

Programs: Royal Orchid
Best way to get 17,000 miles out of BKK with ROP before 11May

Hi guys,

does anyone have a suggestion on how to best collect 17,000miles to retain a gold member status with Royal Orchid before 11th of May , much appreciated

Milos
Old Apr 15, 2017, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Madone59
OK, this may be a stretch but it looks like it will book for Ł454.

STN-MUC-BSL-FRA-JFK-FRA-MUC-STN

Also take a look at
STN-MUC-FRA-PHL-FRA-DUS-MUC-STN

You may want to check WhereToCredit.Com to make sure these LH flights and Eurowings code shares will credit to SQ before booking.
Hello! okay thanks a lot i will take a look! cheers
Old Apr 15, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: Royal Orchid
Departure Airport:BKK
Miles Needed:17,700
Required Spend or Budget: 1,200 USD
Available Travel Dates: 1-7May 17
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: any *A

Last edited by Milos Kosanovic; Apr 17, 2017 at 1:42 am
Old Apr 16, 2017, 5:01 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Ok, I will give this a shot. I'm one of these weirdos who actually enjoys airports and traveling so I'm not really trying to gain status for any other reason than as a personal achievement. I'm going to hit the PQD waiver from the United Club card soon so I'm just trying to get as close to Plat as possible this year. I have a week off at the end of June which I have nothing going on and am hoping you guys might be able to help. I know this is prime summer vacation season and prices seem to be inflated but I'm flexible. Also, I guess this isn't a typical mileage run per se, I have no problem staying a few days somewhere in order to gain the max cpm on the airfare. Thanks!

Departure Airport: IAH
Miles Needed: As many as possible
Required Spend or Budget: ~$1500
Available Travel Dates: 6/20 - 6/28
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: United preferred but, and *A carrier that will credit to MP is OK
Old Apr 16, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by RespectedPath
Ok, I will give this a shot. I'm one of these weirdos who actually enjoys airports and traveling so I'm not really trying to gain status for any other reason than as a personal achievement. I'm going to hit the PQD waiver from the United Club card soon so I'm just trying to get as close to Plat as possible this year. I have a week off at the end of June which I have nothing going on and am hoping you guys might be able to help. I know this is prime summer vacation season and prices seem to be inflated but I'm flexible. Also, I guess this isn't a typical mileage run per se, I have no problem staying a few days somewhere in order to gain the max cpm on the airfare. Thanks!

Departure Airport: IAH
Miles Needed: As many as possible
Required Spend or Budget: ~$1500
Available Travel Dates: 6/20 - 6/28
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: United preferred but, and *A carrier that will credit to MP is OK
I was able to find IAH - IST between $974 - $1200 on those dates. Prices depend on your stay and you can fly UA Metal + Turkish or Turkish Non Stop on certain dates for around $1100. Mileage is around 12800 with a little less or more depending on connecting flights. Some through FRA, some through YYZ and CDG with AC. Some through FRA with UA and LH. Here's an example:

There's BKK for around $1100 for a total of 19k miles through NRT with UA and NH metal

Hopefully someone else can chime in with more.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
I have a few days off and am looking to do a brief city trip ideally with interesting layovers.
Would prefer to fly Business as long as CPM is a good deal. Need to hit 20k status miles to reach *G, no status currently
Anybody have any good suggestions regarding possible goals? Thanks so much!

Departure Airport: FRA
Miles Needed: ideally 20,000 status miles on SK EB, so effectively 10,000 distance miles
Required Spend or Budget: ideally <2,000$
Available Travel Dates: 05/06 afternoon - 05/10
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: any *A, ideally crediting 200% into SK EB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.