Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: there is not much time left in 2017, given that travel tends to be expensive around holidays. You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2018, 7:24 pm

Departure Airport: LGA/JFK/EWR
Miles Needed: > 6,000
Required Spend or Budget: < $2,000
Available Travel Dates: Anytime, Preferably Weekends
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Okay
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LionNYC
Departure Airport: LGA/JFK/EWR
Miles Needed: > 6,000
Required Spend or Budget: < $2,000
Available Travel Dates: Anytime, Preferably Weekends
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Okay
How soon do you need the MQM's? JFK-SEA-SMF-LAX-JFK is $358 in main cabin on Saturday Oct 27th and earns 6001 MQM's.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ
How soon do you need the MQM's? JFK-SEA-SMF-LAX-JFK is $358 in main cabin on Saturday Oct 27th and earns 6001 MQM's.
Thank you, Thank you.

Have to get it by year end. Trying to get to Gold Medallion status.

Anything you know that will get 8,000 MQM's?

Also, how would one book that route? Individual tickets? Because I can't find it with the multi-city option on Delta.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: Delta DM
I'm a newbie when it comes to MRs. Been searching for flights out of ATL. I'll need ~13,000 MQMs to requalify for Platinum next year. I see that there aren't too many MRs out of ATL. My question is how do you know how much MQMs you earn on these flights? On Delta website, I'm just not seeing them. TIA.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
delta.com should tell you at some point during the purchase process, but it doesn't show up at the fare search stage.

There are various tools online that will do distance calculations. Great Circle Mapper is a popular one.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by angra
delta.com should tell you at some point during the purchase process, but it doesn't show up at the fare search stage.

There are various tools online that will do distance calculations. Great Circle Mapper is a popular one.
Didn't realize that you have to be logged in to see the miles.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LionNYC
Thank you, Thank you.

Have to get it by year end. Trying to get to Gold Medallion status.

Anything you know that will get 8,000 MQM's?

Also, how would one book that route? Individual tickets? Because I can't find it with the multi-city option on Delta.
It's a simple JFK-SMF roundtrip search, no need for multi-city search (and delta.com will generally mess-up the pricing if you try to use it).

LGA-DTW-SEA-ANC-SEA-ATL-LGA is $570 on 9/29 for 8266 MQM's. Again, don't use multi-city search. Just search for LGA-ANC roundtrip.
LionNYC likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by golfr
Didn't realize that you have to be logged in to see the miles.
It has to know your status level in order to calculate the RDM earnings.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ
It has to know your status level in order to calculate the RDM earnings.
ahhhhhhhhhhhh.... thanks.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:12 pm

Need a lot of MQM's

Departure Airport: ATL but I could really leave from any US airport
Miles Needed: > 51,000
Required Spend or Budget: whatever it takes, but less is best
Available Travel Dates: Anytime, I have a flexible work schedule
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: okay

I have not travelled as much for work this year, so I am going to have to do some MR's in order to keep Platinum Status. Figuring I'd better start early. Any help appreciated!
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by moremilesforme2
Departure Airport: ATL but I could really leave from any US airport
Miles Needed: > 51,000
Required Spend or Budget: whatever it takes, but less is best
Available Travel Dates: Anytime, I have a flexible work schedule
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: okay

I have not travelled as much for work this year, so I am going to have to do some MR's in order to keep Platinum Status. Figuring I'd better start early. Any help appreciated!
Suggest looking at Google Flights. Depending on your circumstances, nearby ATL airports such as BHM (connecting through ATL) often drop prices considerably to classic DL MR destinations like SIN or HKG(until Oct 4). Otherwise, if you can position anywhere, LAX is a highly competitive international US origin flights for either Asia or Europe often offering good deals on MRs.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by mnbp
Suggest looking at Google Flights. Depending on your circumstances, nearby ATL airports such as BHM (connecting through ATL) often drop prices considerably to classic DL MR destinations like SIN or HKG(until Oct 4). Otherwise, if you can position anywhere, LAX is a highly competitive international US origin flights for either Asia or Europe often offering good deals on MRs.
Great suggestions, thanks so much!
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Originally Posted by mnbp
miami, boston, DC, and New York city are also good candidates for this that can often be reached fairly cheaply from ATL.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by angra
miami, boston, DC, and New York city are also good candidates for this that can often be reached fairly cheaply from ATL.
Thank you! I can non rev to an airport and then go from there.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, SPG Platinum
Departure Airport: OMA
Miles Needed:200
Required Spend or Budget:$61, but I'm willing to spend up to $500 if the mileage is worth it.
Available Travel Dates: Any time between 7/27-7/29 or between 8/3-8/5
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:DL

Thank you so much for your help! I'm finishing up a status match after moving from HNL to OMA and needing to change preferred carriers.

Last edited by gtdkate; Jul 25, 2018 at 7:49 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.