Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: there is not much time left in 2017, given that travel tends to be expensive around holidays. You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2017, 8:37 am

Departure Airport: Detroit (DTW)
Miles Needed: 10,000
Required Spend or Budget: 300-500
Available Travel Dates: any weekend oct-dec, any Wednesday in Oct
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:
Old Aug 14, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tuono07
Departure:ATL
24MQM or 28 MQS
Can do multiple trips $250 or less. International turnarounds ok.
Dates through the end of the year ok, excluding Thanksgiving week( traveling to Italy)
ATL-FLL-ATL out 10/30 return 11/3 is $177, 1162 miles.
FLL-DTW-NRT-SIN-NRT-ATL-FLL out 10/31 return 11/2 is $788, 21587 miles.
ATL-BOS-ATL day trip 10/14 is $139, 1890 miles.
All of these are available other days at similar price.
tuono07 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska 75K, United Platinum
MR from PEK

Hi Everyone,

Going to be in Beijing for 3 days in November and don't have much desire to visit the City since I have been there many times before. I would like to do a mileage run to solidify Flying Blue Status; looking to earn 20K miles in a premium cabin for 2K USD or less.

I can depart PEK on the afternoon of 11-15 (or later) and must by back by the evening of 11-17. I see that I can fly to ORD on Delta for about $2,200.......that's over 10 cpm which does not seem like a good deal based on what a lot of the experts post here. Anyone have any tips or suggestions on possible destinations?

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:55 am

Departure: TPA/SRQ
MQM needed: 0 (met SM mileage requirement but don't have the spend or mileage to reach GM without 3-4 international trips)
MQD: 700-900
Available dates: Pretty much any weekend after 10/6, but with tons of availability for an international trip after during Thanksgiving (thinking Japan or France as I have friends in both countries).
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:38 am

Departure: HOU/IAH
Need 4,974 FlyingBlue

Available dates: weekend availability here and there. No Thanksgiving. Have a few vacation days, so willing to do a 4 day weekend trip to Europe or something like that.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond
Delta Medallion Mileage Runs

I know this is a long shot but I am trying to at least reach DL Platinum and ideally Diamond. I only have 2097 MQMs this year but would love to see what everyone comes up with for mileage runs. I am open most weekends to do this.

Departure Airport: DAL or DFW
Miles Needed: 75k or 125k
Required Spend or Budget: up to $5k
Available Travel Dates: Most weekends
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: anything to earn DL MQMs, MQSs, and MQDs
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:23 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by texasflyer4
I know this is a long shot but I am trying to at least reach DL Platinum and ideally Diamond. I only have 2097 MQMs this year but would love to see what everyone comes up with for mileage runs. I am open most weekends to do this.

Departure Airport: DAL or DFW
Miles Needed: 75k or 125k
Required Spend or Budget: up to $5k
Available Travel Dates: Most weekends
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: anything to earn DL MQMs, MQSs, and MQDs
I am curious, what is your projected flying for next year and what benefits do you anticipate using to make it worth spending $5k and over a week on planes? e.g. would it be worth just budgeting that $5k to buying F outright, and so on.

Anyway, check out the mega-thread on the SIN MR in the Mileage Runs forum; despite the SFO/LAX in the title people have been posting cheap fares ex-IAH/HOU recently. Do that 5 times and Bob's your uncle.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:59 pm

I am currently DL Platinum till end of the year. I did a status challenge to get there. I am not sure how much travel I have for the rest of the year so not sure if really worth it for the 2018 status. I usually don't know much in advance. I am AA EXP but debating if I want to continue with it after next year or jump to Delta. AA can get me most places direct but with Delta have to connect most of the time. Any thoughts?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (DM), Hilton Honors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
ex-ATL mileage runs on Delta

Not sure if this is the best place to post, or if it would go into the consolidated DL/skyteam thread that's a sticky.

But, I'm looking to do some mileage runs this year to help bolster my status on DL. If things go according to plan, then by the end of the year, I'll be Delta Gold with 54k MQMs. I'm thinking of going for platinum because I'll have 1-2 international and a handful of domestic US flights, and some domestic Australian flights in 2018, and for that, I'll need some extra MQMs.

I keep seeing posts for 4 cpm or less, but I can't quite come up with ones that are that cheap ex-ATL using google flights. I figure it's because I'm also limited to the weekend. I need time to figure out how to use ITA matrix.

Are these acceptable mileage runs?

ATL-ANC on 9/23. Leave in the early AM, have a couple of hours, board overnight flight in the PM and arrive back in ATL 9/24 early morning. $584.50 / 7053 MQM @ 8.3 cpm

ATL-YVR via LAX 10/28-29 for $387.19 / 6052 MQMs @ 6.4 cpm.

Or is it possible to find something better? I'm learning ex-ATL is tough.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:37 am

Programs: Flyingblue, Miles & More, Le Club Accord Gold
Departure Airport: BRU/ZYR, AMS, CDG, LHR, DUS, FRA
Miles Needed: 3000 level miles (Flyingblue)
Required Spend or Budget: cheapest possible
Available Travel Dates: sept/oct
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: any skyteam
Old Aug 22, 2017, 5:48 am

Programs: DL DM
I am currently DL Platinum till end of the year. I did a status challenge to get there. I am not sure how much travel I have for the rest of the year so not sure if really worth it for the 2018 status. I usually don't know much in advance. I am AA EXP but debating if I want to continue with it after next year or jump to Delta. AA can get me most places direct but with Delta have to connect most of the time. Any thoughts?
It's brutal. But doable. Do you have a Delta Amex?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Plat Prem, UA Silver, Delta GM
Are you sure on that? I see ATL-ANC on 9/23 for $507 on Google Flights. With stop in SEA/MSP:

https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0&...1565;a=SKYTEAM

That works out to 7,056 MQM @ 7.1 cpm.

There are deals to be had out of Atlanta, I've looked at runs through the end of the year as well, but the 3cpm ones are rare. Cheap(ish) runs to AK or HI are available depending on time. Possibly a run to South America if you have a passport.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL Gold / Accor Gold
Originally Posted by brokentusk
Departure Airport: BRU/ZYR, AMS, CDG, LHR, DUS, FRA
Miles Needed: 3000 level miles (Flyingblue)
Required Spend or Budget: cheapest possible
Available Travel Dates: sept/oct
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: any skyteam
https://www.farefreaks.com/flightman...41a2e994f880b5

0.0295cpm = 6,396 Flying Blue miles
brokentusk likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by greycap7
It's brutal. But doable. Do you have a Delta Amex?
No, I do not have the Delta Amex. If it is worth it I may try and get it if needed.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL DM
No, I do not have the Delta Amex. If it is worth it I may try and get it if needed.
Can you spend 25k before the end of the year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.