Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: there is not much time left in 2017, given that travel tends to be expensive around holidays. You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2018, 6:53 pm

Trying to make Platinum by end of year!

Departure Airport: LGA/JFK (EWR is fine, but not preferred)
Miles Needed: 15,300
Required Spend or Budget: $800
Available Travel Dates: 12/02 - 12/21 (except for 12/8)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: DL

I'm trying to get from Gold to Platinum status... any help or advice on tips to find mileage is much appreciated!
Old Dec 2, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: Delta
Need 22k MQMs for Platinum on Status on Delta

I have two weeks of vacation left. 2018 Medallion Status is Platinum. Wanted to do a cheap international run to get the miles. Already over on MQDs. Live in NYC. Any recommendations for December?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 7:18 pm

Delta Mileage Run Help!

Hi All, here’s my situation - any help is greatly appreciated!

Departure Airport: JFK, LGA or EWR
Miles Needed: (Need MQDs, $1,101)
Required spend or budget: as economically as possible
Available travel dates: 12/26 - end of year
Required metals/codeshares ok: yes

I think the best way to do this is via partner airlines. From what I calculate I’d need a trip if at least 2,752 miles on a partner airline to make this happen but math isn’t my strong suite so I may be off.

Help?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ATLWorldTraveler
Departure Airport: ATL
Miles Needed: 2,600
Required Spend or Budget: $350
Available Travel Dates: Weekend preferred, but can do weekdays. Prefer a quick trip.Christmas day travel is possible.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL/Skyteam

Thanks in advance!
ATL-LAS is around $300 on 12/18 or 12/19.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Emberkit
Departure Airport: LGA/JFK (EWR is fine, but not preferred)
Miles Needed: 15,300
Required Spend or Budget: $800
Available Travel Dates: 12/02 - 12/21 (except for 12/8)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: DL

I'm trying to get from Gold to Platinum status... any help or advice on tips to find mileage is much appreciated!
JFK-JNB 12/8 - 12/10 is around $840. Can also depart on 12/7.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brotherwillie
Hi All, here’s my situation - any help is greatly appreciated!

Departure Airport: JFK, LGA or EWR
Miles Needed: (Need MQDs, $1,101)
Required spend or budget: as economically as possible
Available travel dates: 12/26 - end of year

I think the best way to do this is via partner airlines. From what I calculate I’d need a trip if at least 2,752 miles on a partner airline to make this happen but math isn’t my strong suite so I may be off.

Help?

You'd need 2752 miles on a partner in a business class fare (not just any fare) which earns 40% miles as MQD (other fare classes earn substantially less in MQD's). AM is likely the only partner with biz fares under $1000. You can do JFK-UIO in biz on AM on 12/28 -12/30 for $923. JFK-CUN on 12/29-12/30 is $887 in AM biz. You'd have to spend somewhat north of $1200 to earn this on DL flights, but it would take substantially less time.

Last edited by xliioper; Dec 2, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Old Dec 2, 2018, 10:07 pm

Trying to get Silver with Delta!!!

So here's my situation. Currently based in Jackson, MS. I have enough MQD's and need either 13,580 MQM's or 10 MQS to get Silver Medallion Status. I will be travelling to Connecticut this upcoming weekend which will be 4 MQS bringing me to needing 6. The 22nd I am flying home to Wisconsin, but am returning the 2nd of January so I believe I am only getting 2 MQS for that trip? Or will they count all 4. Ultimately I probably need 4 MQS to reach this goal, which I desperately want to, as I just started really traveling frequently this year. Any help would be so appreciated! I have the weekend of the 14-16 left to do this.

​​​​​​Departure Airport: JAN
Miles Needed: 4 MQS is what I am really looking for, 2 if they count the return trip from Wisconsin
Required Spend or Budget: As cheap as possible
Available Travel Dates: anywhere between the night of the 14th and returning the night of the 16th.

Sorry in advance for how convoluted this probably looks. This is my first time posting on this forum.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by jonathanveldhorst
So here's my situation. Currently based in Jackson, MS. I have enough MQD's and need either 13,580 MQM's or 10 MQS to get Silver Medallion Status. I will be travelling to Connecticut this upcoming weekend which will be 4 MQS bringing me to needing 6. The 22nd I am flying home to Wisconsin, but am returning the 2nd of January so I believe I am only getting 2 MQS for that trip? Or will they count all 4. Ultimately I probably need 4 MQS to reach this goal, which I desperately want to, as I just started really traveling frequently this year. Any help would be so appreciated! I have the weekend of the 14-16 left to do this.

​​​​​​Departure Airport: JAN
Miles Needed: 4 MQS is what I am really looking for, 2 if they count the return trip from Wisconsin
Required Spend or Budget: As cheap as possible
Available Travel Dates: anywhere between the night of the 14th and returning the night of the 16th.

Sorry in advance for how convoluted this probably looks. This is my first time posting on this forum.
Dec 16, JAN-BNA, $376, 4 segments
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by LBJ
JFK-JNB 12/8 - 12/10 is around $840. Can also depart on 12/7.
Hi! Thank you for your help -- unfortunately, I need to be in NY on 12/8. I've been looking for ways to split the 15.3k over two trips if needed. Do you have any suggestions?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Plat
Departure Airport: RDU (open to repositioning)
Miles Needed: (Need MQDs, $1,581)
Required spend or budget: required is $1,581, budget is up to $2,200
Available travel dates: ideally 12/4 - 12/6

- I had emailed DL and asked for a MQD waiver for 2019, but was denied.
- Would ideally prefer a business class intl flight, to add some rollover miles to the bank, but not
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:27 am

Me again! Change of plans for this upcoming weekend and I no longer need to be in Dallas, but before I cancel my flight, I was hoping to find a possible MR from Dallas 12/7 and returning to Dallas by 12/9. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Departure Airport: DFW or DAL
Miles Needed: 3,000 and up
Required spend or budget: under $500
Available travel dates: 12/7-12/9
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by luckee37
Departure Airport: RDU (open to repositioning)
Miles Needed: (Need MQDs, $1,581)
Required spend or budget: required is $1,581, budget is up to $2,200
Available travel dates: ideally 12/4 - 12/6

- I had emailed DL and asked for a MQD waiver for 2019, but was denied.
- Would ideally prefer a business class intl flight, to add some rollover miles to the bank, but not
JFK-UIO business class on AM is available from around $840 and generates about 3200 MQD.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:16 pm

I could sure some help. I am Platinum status and have been for a number of years. I would have made it again this year but flu forced me to cancel a planned trip to Malaysia and that threw me way behind. I now need 1,417 miles to make Platinum for next year. Any help anyone can offer with the least expensive routes to make up the miles is greatly appreciated!

Departure airport: Greensboro (GSO) [could also do Raleigh (RDU)
Miles needed: 1417
Required spend or budget: as inexpensive as possible, hopefully $200-$300 or less
Available travel dates: same day RT works fine, just need miles - Dec. 17-20 is best
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: yes
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tiamat
I could sure some help. I am Platinum status and have been for a number of years. I would have made it again this year but flu forced me to cancel a planned trip to Malaysia and that threw me way behind. I now need 1,417 miles to make Platinum for next year. Any help anyone can offer with the least expensive routes to make up the miles is greatly appreciated!

Departure airport: Greensboro (GSO) [could also do Raleigh (RDU)
Miles needed: 1417
Required spend or budget: as inexpensive as possible, hopefully $200-$300 or less
Available travel dates: same day RT works fine, just need miles - Dec. 17-20 is best
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: yes
You can do GSO - JAX/TPA/MSY/SAT for $192 RT ($252 in main cabin) on 12/18 or 12/19. With connection in ATL, they all are good for at least 2000 MQM's. SAT will generate the most MQM's. RDU-SYR may be the cheapest option at $158 RT.

Last edited by xliioper; Dec 3, 2018 at 8:57 pm
Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:12 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
My business partner needs a nice LAX>SIN or LAX>CGK or similar mileage run that will net him ~15K MQMs on Delta so he can requalify for Diamond. His cheatin' heart has him coming up short this year, as he's been going with the sluttiest girl in town (i.e. cheapest airfare regardless of carrier, even though he's a DM).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.