Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: there is not much time left in 2017, given that travel tends to be expensive around holidays. You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: DL Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Departure Airport: GEG or SEA
Miles Needed: None, 62 MQD Short of gold
Required Spend or Budget: 100-600
Available Travel Dates: Anytime in DEC
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Any

Had two trips planned but both were canceled so I can't reach platinum, but I am 62 MQD short of gold. If through partner airlines though I can somehow get 3000 MQD and 12644 MQM that would be nice to get platinum, but I doubt that is possible unless there is some premium fare that is somehow super cheap.

Last edited by jonathanbak; Dec 1, 2018 at 2:26 am
Old Dec 1, 2018, 7:27 am

ATL DL mile run before year end - GM

Departure Airport: ATL
Miles Needed: 7,496 (currently 42,504)
Required Spend of Budget: Under $1,000
Available Travel Dates: 12/15 - 12/31 (ideally 12/15-12/23 or 12/26-12/31)
Required Metal: Delta or Skyteam Alliance

Currently at Silver, trying to achieve Gold. Current Amex Gold and Amex Platinum card member.

I have a business trip to CID scheduled for 12/11-12/12 that would reduce total to 6.108 but am worried that will be cancelled. Perhaps I can schedule one or two trips to meet the 6108 target and one more to cover the additional 1,388 if needed.

I can do these in multiple runs/days.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jgatl
Miles Needed: 7,496 (currently 42,504)
Required Spend of Budget: Under $1,000
Available Travel Dates: 12/15 - 12/31 (ideally 12/15-12/23 or 12/26-12/31)

Currently at Silver, trying to achieve Gold. Current Amex Gold and Amex Platinum card member.

I have a business trip to CID scheduled for 12/11-12/12 that would reduce total to 6.108 but am worried that will be cancelled. Perhaps I can schedule one or two trips to meet the 6108 target and one more to cover the additional 1,388 if needed.

I can do these in multiple runs/days.
You can do ATL-PDX on 12/16 for $530 in BE ($590 in MC) and get close to 5500 MQM's with the right routing. ATL-YYC 12/15-12/16 would be another option. Could do the rest on an ATL-DEN trip on the 18th (from $187).
Old Dec 1, 2018, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jonathanbak
Departure Airport: GEG or SEA
Miles Needed: None, 62 MQD Short of gold
Required Spend or Budget: 100-600
Available Travel Dates: Anytime in DEC
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Any

Had two trips planned but both were canceled so I can't reach platinum, but I am 62 MQD short of gold. If through partner airlines though I can somehow get 3000 MQD and 12644 MQM that would be nice to get platinum, but I doubt that is possible unless there is some premium fare that is somehow super cheap.
If $600 is your top end, it's definitely out of reach. There are some partner options, but they would be around $1200+.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: Delta Skyteam / Marriott
Miles Needed: 8,099 (currently 66,901)
Required Spend of Budget: Under $700
Available Travel Dates: Weekend trip possibly include Monday after 12/14

Currently Platinum and trying to maintain status level. Current Amex Gold Platinum card with both bonuses obtained. I’ll go anywhere for a quick cheap turnaround. Thank you in advance.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jamesdean29
Miles Needed: 8,099 (currently 66,901)
Required Spend of Budget: Under $700
Available Travel Dates: Weekend trip possibly include Monday after 12/14

Currently Platinum and trying to maintain status level. Current Amex Gold Platinum card with both bonuses obtained. I’ll go anywhere for a quick cheap turnaround. Thank you in advance.
Don't think you can do it for $700 with those dates. ATL-OGG is $944 RT on 12/29.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LBJ
NYC-JNB, 12/8 - 12/10 is available from $759.
Thank you! This potentially works! Any chance there might be a shorter route that could work/get me close? Can split into two trips if I can get it to work over weekends
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: Delta Skyteam / Marriott
What I found while reading up on mileage runs is use Google Flights. The site allows you to choose the airline team, flexible dates and view prices on a map so you can look at destinations in the mileage area you need. If you choose flexible dates, it will find the cheapest dates within the time frame, week or weekend selected.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by redstapler11

Thank you! This potentially works! Any chance there might be a shorter route that could work/get me close? Can split into two trips if I can get it to work over weekends

Very unlikely. Two trans-con's earns about 10K MQM's which is well short of your needs. You could maybe do it in two domestic trips for around $900 with a trip to Hawaii and a transcon. But that would be in BE. In main cabin, it would be about $1050.

Last edited by xliioper; Dec 2, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Old Dec 2, 2018, 4:03 pm

Departure Airport: LIT
Miles Needed: 6,100
Required Spend of Budget: Under $400
Available Travel Dates: Any, prefer quick in & out
Old Dec 2, 2018, 4:13 pm

36,000 MQM Needed from NYC

Departure Airport: NYC (any)
Miles Needed: 36,000 MQD
Required Spend or Budget: Reasonable
Available Travel Dates: Any before year end (weekends better but can make weekday work)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: SkyTeam

hi all! Trying to see if I can take a few days of flying to hit Diamond for next year. I run NYC<>PVG a few times a year and my company policy is prem economy. I’m desperate for those global upgrade certs!

Can buy the flights using UR reserve points to help make it more reasonable too. Whatever / wherever the best deals are! Lolol. Assuming the 200% partner MQM bonus for business class might make this possible?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 4:29 pm

36,000 MQM Needed from NYC

Available Travel Dates: Any before year end (weekends better but can make weekday work)

hi all! Trying to see if I can take a few days of flying to hit Diamond for next year. I run NYC<>PVG a few times a year and my company policy is prem economy. I’m desperate for those global upgrade certs!

Can buy the flights using UR reserve points to help make it more reasonable too. Whatever / wherever the best deals are! Lolol. Assuming the 200% partner MQM bonus for business class might make this possible?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Diverdown333

Only full J fares earn 200% MQM's (that's not a bonus, it's the total). These will not be reasonbly priced. You could mabye do it for $4K of spend on MU to AKL. Depends if you consider $4K to be reasonable.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL
DL/SkyMileage Run - Thanks!!

Departure Airport: SLC
Miles Needed: 18,000
Required Spend or Budget:<$900
Available Travel Dates: 2/6 - 2/12
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Delta/Sky Team
Old Dec 2, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
ATL Mileage Run

Miles Needed: 2,600
Required Spend or Budget: $350
Available Travel Dates: Weekend preferred, but can do weekdays. Prefer a quick trip.Christmas day travel is possible.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL/Skyteam

Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.