Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: there is not much time left in 2017, given that travel tends to be expensive around holidays. You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2018, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by kelmer10
Departure Airport: MSN or MKE. Maybe Chicago but would rather not if possible
Miles Needed: 9,000 MQMs
Required Spend or Budget: ideally less than 1,200 USD
Available Travel Dates:any dates before end of 2018
Codeshares ok

I am going to be a little short for Platinum even after I get the 15,000 MQM bonus from my delta Amex reserve. Live in southern wisconsin and would love to go west or somewhere warm for my mileage run. I work from home/remotely so I am extremely flexible. Any ideas?
MSN-HNL for $800 on various dates. Delta flexible search

MKE-HNL for $600 on various dates. Delta flexible search.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kelmer10
Departure Airport: MSN or MKE. Maybe Chicago but would rather not if possible
Miles Needed: 9,000 MQMs
Required Spend or Budget: ideally less than 1,200 USD
Available Travel Dates:any dates before end of 2018
Codeshares ok

I am going to be a little short for Platinum even after I get the 15,000 MQM bonus from my delta Amex reserve. Live in southern wisconsin and would love to go west or somewhere warm for my mileage run. I work from home/remotely so I am extremely flexible. Any ideas?
Hey - I live in MSN - one of the options I was considering for MR was MKE<>SEA. I paid $210 for it. Do a 0 night stay search on ITA and you'll find a lot of < $300 days (example: 11/13). Delta then offered me FCM of $127 for each leg, so for $454 I have it RT and that's 5,067 MQM with the class of service bonus. So if you did it twice you'd spend $900 and get 10,134 MQM with no overnights away from home. I also WFH so my logic was I will catch up on emails and project work while in the air and then go to the Sky Club in SEA and do my conference calls, etc., during my 6 hour layover before getting back on the plane.

Last year I had looked at doing something similar but the routing was MKE>SEA>ORD>SEA>MKE with the overnight at ORD and completing ORD>SEA>MKE on the second day. Very cheap fares on these routes because of competition with Alaska and if you can get the FCM upgrades at a reasonable price after booking, it's comfortable and efficient. But if you don't like the FCM prices then you can cancel but they've been low all the times I've done it for work.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 4:49 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
NYC MR

Departure - NYC area (JFK LGA EWR HPN ISP)
Dates - Friday’s / weekends rest of year
Budget - under 600
MQM needed - 7500+

looking for help. Want one day same day 2 different RT flights to get me 7500+ for plat status. 2 trips in one day. Within the US 48. No overseas or overnights. Can do Friday’s. Saturday or Sunday, potentially a Thursday.

Would consider a RT in premium if within budget.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Sy Paulson
Budget - under 600
MQM needed - 7500+

looking for help. Want one day same day 2 different RT flights to get me 7500+ for plat status. 2 trips in one day. Within the US 48. No overseas or overnights. Can do Friday’s. Saturday or Sunday, potentially a Thursday.

It may be a bit difficult to achieve that with two flights in the same day (in economy) given your conditions. New York to Los Angeles will get you about 4800 miles and takes 10 hours of flying time.

If you consider two days then there are flights to SLC, LAS with immediate turn starting at $230 (basic economy.) Prices available during midweek as well as the weekends in early December. Each trip will earn 3900+ miles.
MarkP24 likes this.

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Oct 23, 2018 at 10:19 am Reason: add SLC and LAS option
Old Oct 23, 2018, 2:51 pm

Departure Airport: BNA
Miles Needed: 2,000 MQMs
Required Spend or Budget: reasonable
Available Travel Dates:Any dates in first half of December
Codeshares ok
Old Oct 23, 2018, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by newguy2321
Codeshares ok
Relatively new to this, so if it would even be possible but how about this one as well to compare options?

Miles Needed: 27,000 MQMs
Required Spend or Budget: 1000
Codeshares ok
Old Oct 23, 2018, 4:07 pm

Codeshares ok
BNA-ATL-MSY-ATL-BNA, $118 (basic economy), 2000 MQMs, Dec 1
newguy2321 likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
BNA-ATL-MSY-ATL-BNA, $118 (basic economy), 2000 MQMs, Dec 1
this may be a dumb question, but how does one book something like this, go on and can’t get this to populate on delta using multi city? Pardon my ignorance.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:08 pm

this may be a dumb question, but how does one book something like this, go on and can’t get this to populate on delta using multi city? Pardon my ignorance.
my bad, now seeing it on delta as this is a fairly basic routine. Thanks.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
It may be a bit difficult to achieve that with two flights in the same day (in economy) given your conditions. New York to Los Angeles will get you about 4800 miles and takes 10 hours of flying time.

If you consider two days then there are flights to SLC, LAS with immediate turn starting at $230 (basic economy.) Prices available during midweek as well as the weekends in early December. Each trip will earn 3900+ miles.
Originally Posted by Sy Paulson
Budget - under 600
MQM needed - 7500+

Not sure if you currently have status with Delta and therefore your upgrade eligibility, but just note that the NYC-LAS routes have many business travelers who pay for F/D1, and upgrades seem hard to come by (not that they're so much easier on other routes)
Old Oct 25, 2018, 3:47 am

Delta Mileage Run from MSP

I need another 13,000 miles to reach platinum with Delta. I am new to statuses with airlines and trying to figure out the best way to get another 13k MQM’s before the end of the year.

Departure Airport: MSP
Miles Needed:13,100
Required Spend or Budget: Open
Available Travel Dates:11/1 - 11/7, 11/17 - 11/30
Required Metal or Codeshares: Delta only
Old Oct 25, 2018, 3:51 am

Delta run from MSP to ?

Available Travel Dates:11/17 - 11/30 or 11/1 - 11/7
Required Metal or Codeshares: Not sure - just need Delta MQM’s to reach Platinum

I am platinum with Marriott so where ever I go, I want to leave the airport for a day or two and use hotel points for lodging.

Last edited by tessak22; Oct 25, 2018 at 4:03 am
Old Oct 25, 2018, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by tessak22
Available Travel Dates:11/17 - 11/30 or 11/1 - 11/7
Required Metal or Codeshares: Not sure - just need Delta MQM’s to reach Platinum

I am platinum with Marriott so where ever I go, I want to leave the airport for a day or two and use hotel points for lodging.
One option is MSP-SIN, 4 or 5 day trip, departing, November 4, $812, 20,000+ MQM
Old Oct 25, 2018, 11:05 am

Departure Airport: GRR or DTW (would also consider positioning to ATL, MSP, LGA)
Miles Needed: 8500
Required Spend or Budget: Flexible, but ideally < $800
Available Travel Dates: Flexible between now and Dec 31.
Required Metal or Codeshares: ok
Old Oct 25, 2018, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Opposite
Departure Airport: GRR or DTW (would also consider positioning to ATL, MSP, LGA)
Miles Needed: 8500
Required Spend or Budget: Flexible, but ideally < $800
Available Travel Dates: Flexible between now and Dec 31.
Required Metal or Codeshares: ok
Hawaiian destinations (OGG, LIH, HNL) starting at $710 last week of November, 9000+ MQM from GRR. Use Delta flexible search.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.