Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: there is not much time left in 2017, given that travel tends to be expensive around holidays. You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL Plat, SA Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat
12k before Christmas?

Couple end of year meetings got rescheduled to January and I'm a lot further away than I thought I'd be to DM.

Couple more flights left for the year, but by the time I hit vacation time, I should need about 10k.

Departure Airport: DFW - but I can award myself to a hub if it makes a big difference, done it before.
Miles Needed:10,000
Required Spend or Budget: As little as possible.
Available Travel Dates: only Dec. 19-20
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: DL or any Skyteam

Also, I'm heading out of DTW next Wednesday Dec 13 back to DFW. If there's a cheap run I can tack onto the back end of that work trip, I can try that too.

Thanks in advance,
Old Dec 7, 2017, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by jav1107ecu
Couple end of year meetings got rescheduled to January and I'm a lot further away than I thought I'd be to DM.

Couple more flights left for the year, but by the time I hit vacation time, I should need about 10k.

Departure Airport: DFW - but I can award myself to a hub if it makes a big difference, done it before.
Miles Needed:10,000
Required Spend or Budget: As little as possible.
Available Travel Dates: only Dec. 19-20

Also, I'm heading out of DTW next Wednesday Dec 13 back to DFW. If there's a cheap run I can tack onto the back end of that work trip, I can try that too.

Thanks in advance,
MR to FAI in First, $1650, DFW-MSP-SEA-FAI-SEA-SLC-DFW, Dec 19 - 20, 10,000 miles

MR to ICN, $2023, DFW-DTW-ICN-ATL-ICN, Dec 19 - 20, 15,000 miles
Old Dec 7, 2017, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
SEA-ICN-SEA, $942 (T), about 10,300 miles, departures available on Dec 26, 27, 28
Base+Carrier surcharge = $853 on those fares, but poster is 864 short. Unfortunately, the next fare up is a much pricier L fare. The Elevate Your Status deal is probably the best bet as it will probably only be about $100 more than a ticket which covers the MQD requirement.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by LBJ
Base+Carrier surcharge = $853 on those fares, but poster is 864 short. Unfortunately, the next fare up is a much pricier L fare.
Thanks for pointing that out. Does Trip Extras purchased from the Delta website count toward MQD (e.g. WiFI)?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
Thanks for pointing that out. Does Trip Extras purchased from the Delta website count toward MQD (e.g. WiFI)?
After some searching, I think the answer is no.

Well another option is to buy Economy Comfort on the return leg .... price goes up to $1031. Not sure if it is worth it given the Elevate your Status option.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: Former AA EXP, DL PM, BAEC Bronze, SPG GOLD, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Departure Airport: DTW/MSP/JFK or nearby (can position)
Miles Needed: 18,750
Required Spend or Budget: best option to hit the 18,750
Available Travel Dates: January - February 2018 (prefer around Presidents Day)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: DL, MQM only

So our company gift this year was the announcement that DL will now be our preferred travel partner. So I figured best to hit the challenge road again. So any suggestions of spreading out over multi-weekend, or 1 or 2 runs would be great. Of course the lowest cpm is the goal.

Thank you everyone and Have a great Christmas
Old Dec 7, 2017, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by token385
Departure Airport: DTW/MSP/JFK or nearby (can position)
Miles Needed: 18,750
Required Spend or Budget: best option to hit the 18,750
Available Travel Dates: January - February 2018 (prefer around Presidents Day)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: DL, MQM only

So our company gift this year was the announcement that DL will now be our preferred travel partner. So I figured best to hit the challenge road again. So any suggestions of spreading out over multi-weekend, or 1 or 2 runs would be great. Of course the lowest cpm is the goal.

Thank you everyone and Have a great Christmas
Weekend travel only?

Currently there are flights on China Eastern to Singapore out of JFK in the $679 range for various dates in the last part of January (e.g. 19 - 21). Booked as a China Eastern ticket, it will get you about 21,000 MQMs and $1600 MQD (if the usual T and B class fares). Bookable on Expedia

There are some Delta flights starting in the low $700's for the same date range. Also some Tuesday departures at $695 (E) for various dates in Jan/Feb

President's Day 2018 coincides with the end of Chinese New Year.

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Dec 7, 2017 at 12:10 pm Reason: added Delta flight prices and note about CNY
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: Former AA EXP, DL PM, BAEC Bronze, SPG GOLD, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Canuck_traveler,

Thanks you for the heads-up. Yeah trying to burn my PTO for this for looking at quick weekend turns Leave Fri or Sat and Return Sun...... I was looking at the China Eastern flights.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 4:19 pm

Help me get to Delta Platinum Please

Looking for the least amount of trips. Happy to do 1 really long haul over several days or 2 trips.

Departure Airport: NYC (LGA, JFK or EWR)
Miles Needed: 20,000 MQM's
Required Spend or Budget: $1500 (MQD's for Platinum already reached)
Available Travel Dates: Dec 14-15 + Dec 18-24 + Dec 27-29
Required Metal or Codeshares okay

THANK YOU!!

Last edited by GlobeTrotterYOLO; Dec 8, 2017 at 10:16 pm
Old Dec 7, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by Chris Hendriksen
Looking for a mileage run that starts at SLC and ends at CVG (or DAY if necessary)

Airport: SLC to CVG
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget: Targeting $500-600
Available Travel Dates: Leave from SLC on 12/19 evening or redeye, ok to spend night of 19th in air or in hotel, with targeted return to CVG on 12/20
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: need MQMs - codeshare OK
You might want to try expertflyer.com to find a flight that zig zags you on your way to CVG. A milage run from SLC to CVG is just too specific a route.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by GlobeTrotterYOLO
Looking for the least amount of trips. Happy to do 1 really long haul over several days.

Departure Airport: NYC (LGA, JFK or EWR)
Miles Needed: 20,000 MQM's
Required Spend or Budget: $1500 (MQD's for Platinum already reached)
Available Travel Dates: Dec 14-15 + Dec 18-24 + Dec 27-29
Required Metal or Codeshares okay

THANK YOU!!
MR to SIN on China Eastern Dec 18 - 20, $1688, about 21,000 miles, Bookable on Expedia
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by token385
Canuck_traveler,

Thanks you for the heads-up. Yeah trying to burn my PTO for this for looking at quick weekend turns Leave Fri or Sat and Return Sun...... I was looking at the China Eastern flights.
There are China Eastern options that leave Friday and return on Sunday for the MR to Asia
Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by Miricho
Hello need help.

Departure Airport: DSM
Miles Needed:8000
Required Spend or Budget: 600 or less
Available Travel Dates: weekend Dec 8th OR Last week of year

thank you in advance!
I was unable to find anything in the price range that you specified. The closest I could find was:

Dec 8 - 9 DSM-MSP-SEA-ANC-SEA-LAX-DTW-DSM, $913, 8300 miles

Worked out with ITA Matrix, Bookable with BookWithMatrix on FlightNetwork or Priceline
Old Dec 8, 2017, 6:13 am

Departure Airport: MSP
Miles Needed: 6287
Required Spend or Budget:$500
Available Travel Dates: any in December
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: yes
Old Dec 8, 2017, 6:25 am

MR to FAI

e.g. Dec 11 - 12, MSP-SLC-SEA-FAI-SEA-SLC-MSP, $478 (E), $512(T), about 6400 miles

Bookable on Delta (Dec 11 or 12 departures available)

Originally Posted by Nick Eilertson
Departure Airport: MSP
Miles Needed: 6287
Required Spend or Budget:$500
Available Travel Dates: any in December
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: yes

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Dec 8, 2017 at 6:27 am Reason: correct typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.