Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: there is not much time left in 2017, given that travel tends to be expensive around holidays. You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: DL
Departure Airport: position from GSP or AVL
Miles Needed: 17,000
Required Spend or Budget: 2900
Available Travel Dates: 11/29 until 12/6
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: DL/KLM/AF only

Hi
I'm having a bit of trouble tuning this right without dangerously short layovers.
Must get to FRA, via Business or D1 over the water. attempting to get into FRA early morning of 30, and leave after 8am on the 6th and still get all the way home before the 7th.

Thanks

Last edited by RossKoh; Oct 12, 2017 at 9:47 pm
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by EditingFX
Departure Airport: I'm ATL, so assume reposition (though great if not)
Miles Needed: 14,000
Required Spend or Budget: cheap, <$700
Available Travel Dates: 11/17 onwards
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: codeshare ok

An unexpected Mideast gig puts me in MR range for DM. Would want to repo cheaply of course. Have one GUC left if there's an easier run to get cleared.
CHA-ATL-NRT-TPE-ICN-ATL-CHA out 11/27 return 11/29 is $813, 16436 miles.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:01 am

Will definitely look at it and tks. Moose
Old Oct 13, 2017, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by bergamini
Flying on China Eastern, Delta's partner, who often has great fares. But their cabin is more cramped if you are on a 777 in coach.
I see, thanks! How do you go about booking these trips?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SteveoT
I see, thanks! How do you go about booking these trips?
I like to use matrix.itasoftware.com to find the cheapest itineraries because you can enter 5 (maybe more) airports in the from/to and add advanced controls like ALLIANCE skyteam and find where the best place is to take a mileage run. Then I go to that airlines web site and book it directly.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: Delta (Gold), Marriott (lifetime Platinum), Starwood
10K needed for Delta

Need help to get 10,000 before the end of the year. Thanks in advance.

Departure Airport: in order of preference: PBI, FLL, MIA, MCO
Miles Needed: 10,000
Required Spend or Budget: <$500 have miles for upgrade.
Available Travel Dates: December is very open for me
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: not sure what this means. But I am currently Gold on Delta. Codeshares are ok.

I prefer to upgrade to economy plus or First Class with miles. I also have mile to pay for the tickets.

Last edited by jamie_FL; Oct 14, 2017 at 6:28 am Reason: Typo
Old Oct 14, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jamie_FL
Need help to get 10,000 before the end of the year. Thanks in advance.

Departure Airport: in order of preference: PBI, FLL, MIA, MCO
Miles Needed: 10,000
Required Spend or Budget: <$500 have miles for upgrade.
Available Travel Dates: December is very open for me
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: not sure what this means. But I am currently Gold on Delta. Codeshares are ok.

I prefer to upgrade to economy plus or First Class with miles. I also have mile to pay for the tickets.
MIA-MSP-HND-MSP-MIA out 12/1 return 12/2 is $661, 14930 miles.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Originally Posted by jbeckett
MIA-MSP-HND-MSP-MIA out 12/1 return 12/2 is $661, 14930 miles.
Was looking at this, in the space of 5 minutes it went to $1700+

Alright, who booked? 'fess up.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 10:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Hi brilliant minds of FT!

Ive actually enjoyed mileage runs over the years. Im happy to do quick turns and international.

Departure Airport: MSP but will reposition if needed
Miles Needed: 12K
Required Spend or Budget: $2300 😡
Available Travel Dates: weekdays open starting in Nov; weekends open except Oct 27-29, Nov 17-19, Thanksgiving weekend, Dec 1-3, and Christmas weekend.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Codeshares OK

Thank you in advance
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:08 am

Are you wanting to maximize the number of miles with the spend of $2300 or just get the spend with the minimum number of trips?

e.g. MSP-LAX-HNL-LAX-MSP same day turn in Delta One has flights at $2000 and gives about 12,000 miles (with the 150% earn). You can pick up the remainder of the spend with a trip elsewhere. MSP-LAX-MSP for $300

If you want to maximize the miles, you can do two SIN MR for the same spend in Main Cabin.

Originally Posted by In2ishn
Hi brilliant minds of FT!

I’ve actually enjoyed mileage runs over the years. I’m happy to do quick turns and international.

Departure Airport: MSP but will reposition if needed
Miles Needed: 12K
Required Spend or Budget: $2300 ��
Available Travel Dates: weekdays open starting in Nov; weekends open except Oct 27-29, Nov 17-19, Thanksgiving weekend, Dec 1-3, and Christmas weekend.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Codeshares OK

Thank you in advance
In2ishn likes this.

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Oct 15, 2017 at 8:13 am
Old Oct 16, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta, Marriott
Hey all,

Haven't had to do a mileage run in a while, but as I won't hit the AA spending threshold, I have to grab some last minute miles with Delta to status match.

Work for myself, so completely flexible travel dates.

Departure Airport: LAX
Miles Needed:4,5000 MQM
Required Spend or Budget: No required spend, would like to keep it under $200 if possible
Available Travel Dates: Flexible, needs to be before November 19th.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: I believe so.

Thanks in advance!!
Old Oct 16, 2017, 5:56 pm

LAX-BOS-LAX for about 5200 miles

$250 (Basic Economy) $290 (Main Cabin)

Same day turn available on Nov. 7, Nov. 10 Bookable on Delta

LAX-JFK-LAX for about 4900 miles

$280 (Basic Economy) $320 (Main Cabin)

Same day turn available on Oct. 31, Nov. 7, Nov. 8, Nov. 14. Bookable on Delta

Originally Posted by 6foot7
Hey all,

Haven't had to do a mileage run in a while, but as I won't hit the AA spending threshold, I have to grab some last minute miles with Delta to status match.

Work for myself, so completely flexible travel dates.

Departure Airport: LAX
Miles Needed:4,5000 MQM
Required Spend or Budget: No required spend, would like to keep it under $200 if possible
Available Travel Dates: Flexible, needs to be before November 19th.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: I believe so.

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Oct 16, 2017 at 6:03 pm
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:23 am

Hi all,

Thinking of doing the MSP to HNL run over Thanksgiving (using Delta One/First Class). It would give me enough MQM and MQD to get to Silver status. DH travels frequently for work and already has Silver. We currently have a discussion if it's worth it for me to get Silver. Most of the time I travel with him, but will have at least two trips without him next year. Is it worth spending $1800 to get to this status level? Thanks in advance for your advice!
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wanderlust36
Hi all,

Thinking of doing the MSP to HNL run over Thanksgiving (using Delta One/First Class). It would give me enough MQM and MQD to get to Silver status. DH travels frequently for work and already has Silver. We currently have a discussion if it's worth it for me to get Silver. Most of the time I travel with him, but will have at least two trips without him next year. Is it worth spending $1800 to get to this status level? Thanks in advance for your advice!
Is it $1800 more or $1800 for the ticket? What's the price difference between Y and F on this route? And would you take this trip otherwise?

I would say, in general, that Silver (a/k/a "FO") would definitely not be worth $1800. TPG values Silver at $815. If you'd only take the trip to get FO, then I'd not do it and save that money for buying first class tickets/upgrades and paying baggage or preferred seat fees. If it's a $1200 Y ticket and an $1800 F ticket and you are going to take the trip regardless, then I'd probably do it. But anything > $600 to me makes getting Silver not worth it.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
due to rearranging travel and losing a premium economy trip internationally, i'm going to be about 300 miles short of 75K.

are there any super cheap ways to get a few MQM without flying? MQD is no issue.

i can fly round trip to LAX for ~$110 and 4 hours of my time on a Saturday which I value at least at $100/hour. so, anything less than $500 is fine if it doesn't involve getting on a plane.

caveat, i don't want to get a credit card and have to spend my way to it, as i am currently spending my way to a bonus on my AMEX Plat which will take me into mid-December.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.