Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: melrowgo
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:08 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by JNLentertainment
Hi guys I already reached my EQD for next years EP.. but i am like 131k EQM.. I wanna reach 150k so I can ger the 2 additional systemwide upgrade. Any suggestions? thanks
mind sharing where you’re flying from? Available travel dates? Budget? Cheap as possible, sure, but max of? Can better help with this info.
do you have a Chinese visa?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 5:33 am

Departure Airport(s): HEL
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 12500 EQM
EQDs Needed: 0
Max Budget: <1000 $
Available Travel Dates: 12/26 - 12/31
Max # Travel Nights: 1
AA only, or Partners Okay: Partners Okay
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): Y
Old Dec 2, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: AA
5200 EQM for AA Platinum

Hi folks - AA is offering $985 to extend my Platinum. Only managed 44800 EQM this year, so close but so far. (I'm fine on EQD)

Departure Airport(s): AUS or DFW
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 5200 EQM
Max Budget: $750
Available Travel Dates: 12/15-12/31
Max # Travel Nights: prefer none, but 1
AA only, or Partners Okay: whichever gets me 5200 EQM on AA
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: One World
AA; need 15k EQMs

First time poster, so I apologize if I don't get this right. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

I am currently PPro and trying to make Exec Platinum. I checked this forum for other DFW departures to see if I could replicate, but am really not sure I am doing this correctly. I have been researching both Narita and LIH, and using a combination of Coach, PE or Business to get there. But after putting 5 tickets on hold to see what AA.com for EQMs earned, I have to admit I am pretty lost. Thanks for the help!

Departure Airport(s): DFW
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 15,000
Max Budget: would like to stay under $2,500, but flexible
Available Travel Dates: Dec. 17-Dec. 21
Max # Travel Nights: flexible
AA only, or Partners Okay: Partners OK
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sullmeist
First time poster, so I apologize if I don't get this right. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

I am currently PPro and trying to make Exec Platinum. I checked this forum for other DFW departures to see if I could replicate, but am really not sure I am doing this correctly. I have been researching both Narita and LIH, and using a combination of Coach, PE or Business to get there. But after putting 5 tickets on hold to see what AA.com for EQMs earned, I have to admit I am pretty lost. Thanks for the help!

looks like you got it all right!
did AA not offer you a buy-up to EXP for 2019?

18,633 mi for DFW-NRT-BKK-NRT-YVR-DFW for $1512.53. You would just need to double-check fare class as 2 of the flights are JL flight numbers so not sure of the earnings (AA 61, AA 8411, JL 708, JL 18, AA 56).I think it's "Q" which would get you .5 for those 2 segments so your EQMs would be 14,852. You would have a night in BKK.
If that's cutting it too close or won't make it, you could do all AA flight numbers (AA 61, AA 8411, AA 8893, AA 126) for $1589.33 with one segment on CX (BKK-HKG) but even with that segment, you'd be at 17,440 miles/EQMs.
otmfp likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bort
Hi folks - AA is offering $985 to extend my Platinum. Only managed 44800 EQM this year, so close but so far. (I'm fine on EQD)

Departure Airport(s): AUS or DFW
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 5200 EQM
Max Budget: $750
Available Travel Dates: 12/15-12/31
Max # Travel Nights: prefer none, but 1
AA only, or Partners Okay: whichever gets me 5200 EQM on AA
DFW-BOS is as low as $260 roundtrip some days (16th and 18th) in economy. Fly that twice.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 10:57 am

Hi - I'm currently PLAT but short on EQDs and EQMs to maintain status. Any help would be appreciated:

Departure Airport: DFW
Miles Needed: 11,619
Required Spend or Budget: $1,032
Available Travel Dates: Dec 21-Dec 31
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Partners okay assuming no issue with earnings
Old Dec 2, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by sullmeist

What's your schedule like next weekend? Departing Thursday or Friday, returning Saturday or Sunday, you can fly DFW-LAX-PEK in PE for $1800, and earn about 21k EQM. Or if you can position to ORD, ORD-PEK is $1400 those same days. One caveat - you need either a Chinese visa,or a flight out of mainland China during your stay. HKG counts as leaving China, and you can find roundtrip flights for around $100.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: AA and United
AA 9 EQS and $500 spend needed to keep Exc. Platinum for 2019

Hi All- looking for cheapest 1-2 day flight plant if possible for 9 EQS. Leaving from BNA (Nashville) looking at Dec 15-17 if needed. any ideas?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA and United
I need 9 EQS and $500 spend on AA for Exec. Plat

Hi All Thanks for any help you can provide. Looking for route for 9-10 EQS starting in Nashville (BNA) weekend of Dec 15-17th.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
BNA-CLT-ATL same-day returns that weekend are $260-280; two of those would get you most of the way there.

Looks like you could also do BNA-PHL-CLT-ATL-CLT-BNA for $550 one day, and BNA-CLT-ATL-CLT-BNA the other to get your nine segments. Just make sure you're booking regular economy, not Basic (above fares are for regular)
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:44 pm

Need Help Getting to EXP

First time poster and need some help with doing a mileage run to get EXP status for first time. I need about 25,000 EQMs and no EQD’s

Departure Airport(s): JFK or LGA
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 25,000
Max Budget: would like to stay under $1,500
Available Travel Dates: Ideally Fri-Sun weekends from Dec. 14-Dec. 31
Max # Travel Nights: 2
Chinese VISA: No
Old Dec 2, 2018, 4:09 pm

Departure Airport: SFO
Miles Needed: ~20k
Required Spend or Budget: As cheap as possible
Available Travel Dates: anytime
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AA or earning EQM partners

Chinese visa: Y

Hi! I've met my EQDs to get to Plat Pro but not my EQMs. Right now I have an offer from AA to upgrade to PP by paying $1500...is this offer worth it? And how often do EXP members actually get those unlimited upgrades. Thanks for all your help!

Last edited by PZE7; Dec 2, 2018 at 4:20 pm
Old Dec 2, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: US Chairman no more. AA EXP
Here's five segments for you on Saturday. Same day turn to BOS for $310.

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=B...910*.USD.24910

Should be easy to get a same day turn to ATL or the like on Sunday.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: American Airlines
Mile runs

HI - I am looking for help with a Mile run for American Airlines. I need about 7.500 EQMs.

Leaving from NYC (preferably LGA)
I dont have time to take a real trip, so would be looking to just travel out and back in the same time.
Would like to keep costs under $500.

I'd appreciate any help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.