Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: melrowgo
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: AA EXP
EXP Run out of PHL

Hi Y'all!

In: PHL
Need: 8610 EQM
Budget: < $1,500
Available Travel Dates: anything in December except Dec 24,25

After tomorrow's flight, I'll be at 91390 EQM. I have crossed the EQD threshold so I just need 8610 EQM.

My pref would be no overnight flights; same-day turn required. It seems like it makes the most sense to get a discounted F fare? I can go PHL-SFO most any day in December with a same day turn for $1600-2000, but I'm hoping to do something a bit less time away from home/cheaper.

Last edited by BobRoss; Dec 1, 2017 at 1:41 pm
Old Dec 1, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: AAvantage
AA Mileage Run

Hi friends,

I’m looking for ~4500 EQMs to reach Platinum Pro on AA. Greatly appreciate any assistance!

Departure Airport: AUS
Miles Needed: ~4500
Required Spend or Budget: EQD Met. Budget < $500
Available Travel Dates: After 11/28 (Minus 12/6 - 12/18)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Not sure what this means but sure.

Thanks in Advance!
Old Dec 1, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: American Airlines
Looking for help to hit my AA Plat Pro status and EQM's short.

Departure Airport: SAN
Miles Needed: 7087
Required Spend or Budget: less than $1400
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: no meal requirements, codeshares ok
Old Dec 1, 2017, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by melrowgo
Given the weekend restrictions and the fact that you're going just for EQD, you can either fly a long way in Econ cheaply (e.g. JFK-DOH-CGK for $824) or a domestic in Bus at over $1100 (eg. LGA-ORD-SEA for $1132) to get it. The AA domestic flights need to be over $1100 to get the 1000 EQD.
Thank you! For the extra couple of dollars, I was thinking of doing a short day trip in business class. No need to torture myself flying to Qatar in economy if I'm not going to spend any time there. I've found a few flights under 2hrs that will cost me the ~1000 I need.

Thanks for the assistance.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Looking for a great and enticing AA/OW fare that will net 12K miles to get a buddy over the "hump" of obtaining the necessary EQM's of 150K.

Being based in SFO and traveling to EU seems to be price prohibitive for December as most fares are 3K even in MC. Looking at travels to Hawaii and then NYC in classes above MC for the additional miles that an EXP would earn as well as try to cash in expiring SWU's.

Open to reasonable suggestions otherwise are always appreciated and accepted.

Cheers and thanks...
Old Dec 1, 2017, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by BobRoss
Hi Y'all!

In: PHL
Need: 8610 EQM
Budget: < $1,500

After tomorrow's flight, I'll be at 91390 EQM. I have crossed the EQD threshold so I just need 8610 EQM.

My pref would be no overnight flights; same-day turn required. It seems like it makes the most sense to get a discounted F fare? I can go PHL-SFO most any day in December with a same day turn for $1600-2000, but I'm hoping to do something a bit less time away from home/cheaper.
PHL-ORD-PHX-CLT-PHL :: $1095 AA Bus :: 8784 EQMs :: Dec 19
Old Dec 1, 2017, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by wile e
Thank you! For the extra couple of dollars, I was thinking of doing a short day trip in business class. No need to torture myself flying to Qatar in economy if I'm not going to spend any time there. I've found a few flights under 2hrs that will cost me the ~1000 I need.

Thanks for the assistance.
Glad you found options. Didn't realize you were looking to do multiple MRs to meet the need.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 10:11 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Looking for a great and enticing AA/OW fare that will net 12K miles to get a buddy over the "hump" of obtaining the necessary EQM's of 150K.

Being based in SFO and traveling to EU seems to be price prohibitive for December as most fares are 3K even in MC. Looking at travels to Hawaii and then NYC in classes above MC for the additional miles that an EXP would earn as well as try to cash in expiring SWU's.

Open to reasonable suggestions otherwise are always appreciated and accepted.

Cheers and thanks...
Several different options to Europe, including ARN, GOT and BUD next weekend (all around $700 r/t in economy). DFW-LHR is a more difficult SWU to clear, but I've been lucky. Also potential options going through ORD, LAX and JFK.

There are also options to HKG for around $1,000 and YVR-HKG is ~$1400 in Premium Economy, but unless you want to go to Asia (warmer) as opposed to (colder) Europe, those will give you way more than your needed 12,000 EQMs.
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by krytikal
Hi friends,

I’m looking for ~4500 EQMs to reach Platinum Pro on AA. Greatly appreciate any assistance!

Departure Airport: AUS
Miles Needed: ~4500
Required Spend or Budget: EQD Met. Budget < $500
Available Travel Dates: After 11/28 (Minus 12/6 - 12/18)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Not sure what this means but sure.

Thanks in Advance!
Cutting out those dates in the middle of December slimmed your options significantly, but this will work:
AUS-DFW-LAX-PDX-PHX-DFW-AUS :: $382 in AA Econ :: ~4900 EQM :: Dec 4-5
Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:27 pm

Programs: AA, UAL, SW
Need 8000 EQM to retain Platinum out of ORD, flexible

Hi All!

I'm looking to retain PLT. AA has "kindly" offered $995 to retain; I know I can do better with a flight or two. I'm fairly flexible on travel dates this month and I have two cancelled trip credits totalling ~$1200 (less change fees) that I'd apply. Prefer to take a straight run w/o overnight stay. All help appreciated.

Current
Level: Platinum
EQD: $7,006 - GOOD
EQM: 42,552 - SHORT BY ~7,500
Cancelled trip credits: $1200 --> $900 for use (?) after change fees

Departure Airport: ORD
Miles Needed: 7,500+ EQM
Required Spend or Budget: $900 presuming my cancelled trip credit calcs are correct (else $500 actual dollars)
Available Travel Dates: 12/7 - 12/20, 12/26 - 12/30
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: IDK what this means

Thanks!
Jeff
Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:34 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by retrovative
Hi All!

I'm looking to retain PLT. AA has "kindly" offered $995 to retain; I know I can do better with a flight or two. I'm fairly flexible on travel dates this month and I have two cancelled trip credits totalling ~$1200 (less change fees) that I'd apply. Prefer to take a straight run w/o overnight stay. All help appreciated.

Current
Level: Platinum
EQD: $7,006 - GOOD
EQM: 42,552 - SHORT BY ~7,500
Cancelled trip credits: $1200 --> $900 for use (?) after change fees

Departure Airport: ORD
Miles Needed: 7,500+ EQM
Required Spend or Budget: $900 presuming my cancelled trip credit calcs are correct (else $500 actual dollars)
Available Travel Dates: 12/7 - 12/20, 12/26 - 12/30
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: IDK what this means

Thanks!
Jeff
Look at LIM. Many options for around $600 r/t booked through AA and same day turnaround.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by leela48
Looking for help to hit my AA Plat Pro status and EQM's short.

Departure Airport: SAN
Miles Needed: 7087
Required Spend or Budget: less than $1400
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: no meal requirements, codeshares ok
SAN-PHX-ORD-SAN :: $902 on AA Bus :: ~7300 EQM :: Dec 16
Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA, UAL, SW
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
Look at LIM. Many options for around $600 r/t booked through AA and same day turnaround.
@flyingeph12 - THANKS! I've never been to Peru That's a good price and doable. Do you see anything within the continental US?
Old Dec 2, 2017, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by retrovative
@flyingeph12 - THANKS! I've never been to Peru That's a good price and doable. Do you see anything within the continental US?
Not as sweet a price as @flyingeph12 suggested, but it keeps you domestic:
ORD-SLC-LAX-ORD :: $730 in AA Bus :: ~7180 EQM :: Dec 16 :: price increase in 21 hrs
flyingeph12 likes this.

Last edited by melrowgo; Dec 2, 2017 at 12:16 am
Old Dec 2, 2017, 1:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, QF, BA
Hi All,

Appreciate any help here. I did have return DXB & CAI flights booked in J as a run, but due to new work arrangements I'll loose them . I don't have a lot of time and have been putting in a lot of hrs lately, so a run isn't ideal but neither is the Jan1-Dec 31 window for AA.

Based now in ICN, can leave on 22nd. Need to be in BNE by 25th and BKK/HKG/SIN/KUL/USM to get to Koh Phangan by 28-30th/12 Need just under 25000 EQM and 3000EQD now to retain EXP by 31st.

Seems like ICN-HKG-BNE-HKG (stop) before end of year on CX in J might be best but leaves me 9400 EQM short. Could do a run on MH or something out to CMB or DXB on CX to make up the rest. CMB-AU fares can be cheap in J.

I have a ticket ICN-HKG-LHR 22/12 on CX in E that would earn 11,000 EQM, was going to do a date change. The QR J fares ex ARN are same price as ICN-BNE on CX. But this wouldn't get me an asia stop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.