Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: melrowgo
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2017, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by caburrito
Better start packing:

$1421

Book at your own risk, calculated EQM is 18505. If that's cutting it too close, you could pay $500 more and choose the Cathay Pacific flight instead.
Originally Posted by melrowgo
Are you talking about a one-way to DEL that meets your listed specs, or trying to do this as a r/t? If r/t, when do you want to return?
I can do a Round Trip within 2017 (with the return, any day before 31st, if it achieves the purpose of the mileage requirement) or if there is an option to have the return leg in first week of Jan, then that is fine too (as it might get cheaper BUT, the mileage requirement should be fulfilled in a one way, if this has to be the case) The only requirement (preferred) is to reach Delhi by 24th morning on the outbound.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: AA GLD
Originally Posted by Pat89339
In order to organize the end-of-year crush of Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread for the airlines with the most frequent requests. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport: POS
Miles Needed:10k
Required Spend or Budget: as cheap as possible
Available Travel Dates: ANYTIME BEFORE THIS YEAR ENDS
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:AA

For each response. Please quote the original request.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Brandontheflyer

Dec 23-24 $657, POS-(first class)-MIA-(lieflat)-JFK: https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...c=b;a=ONEWORLD
Dec 24-25, $891, JFK-(lieflat)-MIA-(first class)-POS: https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...c=b;a=ONEWORLD
11,508 miles, $1,548

You could probably do it a little cheaper if you forego the lieflat routes and/or spend more time at a stop.

Or spend a bunch of time in coach flying to London for $350 less: https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...713;a=ONEWORLD
Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA GLD
Thanks a lot !! This was very helpful. My birthday is Saturday so I was looking for some mileage run deals for my self. But if it’s no problem I’d like to get some mileage run deals for my for my other 3 family memebers. Same details as before with lowest fare possible most preferably in biz/first.

Thanks again , Cheers.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 4:16 pm

50 BA points needed to retain silver

I’m new to this website and wonder can anyone advise the cheapest quickest way for my partner to get 50 tier points before Match to retain Silver status ? Many thanks fur any advice given . Flying from Gatwick is nearest
Old Dec 23, 2017, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by Jchisley
I’m new to this website and wonder can anyone advise the cheapest quickest way for my partner to get 50 tier points before Match to retain Silver status ? Many thanks fur any advice given . Flying from Gatwick is nearest
This is the AA forum, but there is a similar forum for BA runs here.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA, MARRIOTT / SPG PLATINUM, TSA-PRECHECK
First timer, would appreciate some insights:
Departing from JAX
Need 10,200 eqm for EXP
No EQD needed
max budget: $1500
prefer to travel same day or 1 night stay over
Travel dates 12/27, 12/28, 12/29, 12/30

My best searching looked at JAX to SEA R/T for about $977 with decent chances for upgrades. Thanks for any help!
Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Theeli
First timer, would appreciate some insights:
Departing from JAX
Need 10,200 eqm for EXP
No EQD needed
max budget: $1500
prefer to travel same day or 1 night stay over
Travel dates 12/27, 12/28, 12/29, 12/30

My best searching looked at JAX to SEA R/T for about $977 with decent chances for upgrades. Thanks for any help!
sea only gets you halfway there unless you go F. If you’re willing to drive 2 1/2 hours to MCO and suffer in Y, I’m seeing lots of trips to PVG and PEK for ~$1100.
heres an example: https://goo.gl/UCjZYw. It also get you home in time to see the ball drop.

out of JAX, you can do AA/JAL for sub $1500 (I believe I saw $1490, same dates).
​​​​​​This should net you about 16,000 miles.
Theeli likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA, MARRIOTT / SPG PLATINUM, TSA-PRECHECK
I’ll look into that. Thank you!
Old Dec 24, 2017, 1:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, QF, BA
Departure Airport(s): HKG (possibly BKK or ICN)
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 9,730
EQDs Needed: $892
Max Budget: minimal as possible.
Available Travel Dates: 12/27-12/28
Max # Travel Nights: 0-2
AA only, or Partners Okay: Okay
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N) N

Can depart HKG after 1pm Dec 27. Want to be in URT as soon as possible following this (aside from run)

Can find CX/UL HKG-SIN-CMB for $995 in I & D class. Gets me back to HKG which is not as convient to URT.
Possibly had 1hr-ish back-to-back turnaround in CMB on UL. Is this do-able? Have never been before.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 1:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, QF, BA
Originally Posted by Jchisley
This is the wrong thread, but that is easily done on a cheap club europe fare and economy back pretty much anywhere in network. Best to check in BA thread.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: AA Advantage
Last minute run

Departure Airport: ORD or DTW
Miles Needed: 11,000 eqm
Required Spend or Budget: 1,200 or less
Available Travel Dates: Before the end of the year
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AA
Old Dec 24, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: AA
First try at this. Last year Gold but thought I would try for Pro

Departure Airport(s): Prefer MIA but flexible - home is PLS
EQMs or EQSs Needed:21200
EQDs Needed: 3000
Max Budget: Cheap as possible but not looking to suffer
Available Travel Dates:Now til end of year
Max # Travel Nights: Whatever it takes
AA only, or Partners Okay: either
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): No

Found MIA to NRT(1900$) in PE which would get me very close I think, or JFK to NRT(3100$) in Business. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks .
Old Dec 24, 2017, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by HGBT2018
Departure Airport: ORD or DTW
Miles Needed: 11,000 eqm
Required Spend or Budget: 1,200 or less
Available Travel Dates: Before the end of the year
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: AA
Two separate tickets

12/27 ORD-PEK, $499:
AA 2375 788-Boeing 787
AA 263 788-Boeing 787

12/29 PEK-ORD, $570
AA 262 788-Boeing 787
AA 2467 788-Boeing 787
Old Dec 24, 2017, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by licky.speed
Departure Airport(s): Prefer MIA but flexible - home is PLS
EQMs or EQSs Needed:21200
EQDs Needed: 3000
Max Budget: Cheap as possible but not looking to suffer
Available Travel Dates:Now til end of year
Max # Travel Nights: Whatever it takes
AA only, or Partners Okay: either
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): No

Found MIA to NRT(1900$) in PE which would get me very close I think, or JFK to NRT(3100$) in Business. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks .
12/25-29, Y MIA-LAX-MIA (AA), $379, 326/4,684
12/26-27, PE (E) LAX-NRT-HKG (JAL Site: JL7015, JL735) $1350, 1,457/10,940
12/28, Y HKG-LAX (AA), $841, 763/7260 (Mass C fares available 25k/$350 to upgrade to J)

$2,570, EQD/EQM: 2,546/22,884

Probably want to double check the math for the EQD/EQM. Dang just realized $500 short on EQD's. Could do one of the MIA-LAX legs in first, JRK-NRT looking like a better option.

Last edited by caburrito; Dec 24, 2017 at 1:40 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.