Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: melrowgo
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by melrowgo
One option is to take two flights to Hawaii to garner about 10K each, then make up the difference with a transcon flight with stops to SEA or PDX. I couldn't find a set of runs under $1600, though. I even looked at Econ flights to Guam which would give you 17.7K+, but that's about $2400 by itself.

Just to clarify, you cannot fly anywhere outside of the US or its territories, right?
Yes! I can only travel to where I wouldn't need to go through customs and immigration when I got back. I have a visa now, but if my other visa is approved while traveling it's considered abandonment, and the process is cancelled, so I can't risk it! So frustrating!!
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by jlp187
Departure Airport(s): TOL, DTW (in that order of preference)
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 4 segements
EQDs Needed: 0
Max Budget: < $200USD??
Available Travel Dates: 12/23 or 12/26-12/30
Max # Travel Nights: 0,1 (would prefer same day turnaround)
AA only, or Partners Okay: AA and OW ok
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): no

thanks all!!
Two options:
DTW-PHL-DCA-CLT-DTW :: $227 AA in Econ :: Dec 29
TOL-ORD-CHA-CLT-TOL :: $230 AA in Econ :: Dec 29 :: **note the VERY short layover in ORD
Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:49 pm

Need 8 segments for EP (maybe 2 connecting flights?)

Departure Airport(s): CLT
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 8 segments to Exec Plat
EQDs Needed: N/A
Budget: their offer for Exec Platinum upgrade is $1700, so enough under that for the time to make sense
Available Travel Dates: 12/19-12/31, not 24 or 25
Max # Travel Nights: 0
AA only, or Partners Okay: Partners okay
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N

Thank you, am looking for the least costly and least time-intensive way to get my segments complete. Really appreciate any ideas!
Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by cagrhe5
Departure Airport(s): CLT
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 8 segments to Exec Plat
EQDs Needed: N/A
Budget: their offer for Exec Platinum upgrade is $1700, so enough under that for the time to make sense
Available Travel Dates: 12/19-12/31, not 24 or 25
Max # Travel Nights: 0
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N

Thank you, am looking for the least costly and least time-intensive way to get my segments complete. Really appreciate any ideas!
I'm guessing the option suggested in #2180 didn't work out? Too much time, too much money? Just so we know what you're looking for.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:26 pm

Departure Airport(s): ORD
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 3,399 or 5 segments
Max Budget: $400
Available Travel Dates: 12/19, 12/20, 12/21, 12/22, 12/23, 12/26, 12/27, 12/28, 12/29, 12/30, 12/31
AA only, or Partners Okay: AA Can I qualify for status flying on partners? if so, then open to this.

Open to multiple cities, direct flights, multiple stops, really the only limitation is the $$$

thank you in advance!
Old Dec 19, 2017, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by Train4474
Departure Airport(s): ORD
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 3,399 or 5 segments
Max Budget: $400
Available Travel Dates: 12/19, 12/20, 12/21, 12/22, 12/23, 12/26, 12/27, 12/28, 12/29, 12/30, 12/31
AA only, or Partners Okay: AA Can I qualify for status flying on partners? if so, then open to this.

Open to multiple cities, direct flights, multiple stops, really the only limitation is the $$$

thank you in advance!
ORD-DFW-CLT-FLL-ORD :: $203 AA in Econ :: 3500+ EQM :: Dec 21
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:03 pm

Hello Everyone,

This is a bit time sensitive as need to travel asap (today is fine too!) and hence need the experts to help!!

Need to Travel to India but other options are also welcome

If India possible, then request an option to reach Delhi by 12/24 (
DESTINATION IS DEL)

Thanks,

Departure Airport: DFW or nearby (AUS, IAH) or can stretch to others too
Miles Needed: 18500 EQM for Exec Plat and $1550 EQD
Required Spend or Budget: $2000
Available Travel Dates: ASAP
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: OneWorld
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by sirohim
Hello Everyone,

This is a bit time sensitive as need to travel asap (today is fine too!) and hence need the experts to help!!

Need to Travel to India but other options are also welcome

If India possible, then request an option to reach Delhi by 12/24 (
DESTINATION IS DEL)

Thanks,

Departure Airport: DFW or nearby (AUS, IAH) or can stretch to others too
Miles Needed: 18500 EQM for Exec Plat and $1550 EQD
Required Spend or Budget: $2000
Available Travel Dates: ASAP
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: OneWorld
Better start packing:
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...-LASLAX0AA1440
$567.20

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...c=p;a=ONEWORLD
$1421

Book at your own risk, calculated EQM is 18505. If that's cutting it too close, you could pay $500 more and choose the Cathay Pacific flight instead.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: SPG Plat, AA EXP, Hertz Presidents Circle
Need help with AA segment run from ORD

I’m looking for an AA 4 segment run or 2 short RT’s (to get the 4 segments I need). I can travel 12/21, 12/28, 12/29 from ORD. CLT seems to be a cheaper destinatio, but not sure if there are others. Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: AA PP 1.8MM, PC Spire, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Globalist
Be careful and check if it is a Basic Economy (BE) fair. They count half per segment, 0.5 segment.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: AA EXP
Departure Airport(s): LHR/LGW
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 3980
EQDs Needed: 49
Max Budget: $500/£500 (but cheaper if possible)
Available Travel Dates: Any date between now and 31.12
Max # Travel Nights: 2
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): Y
Old Dec 20, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist
No request, just a thank you to those who contribute to this thread. I needed 3 segments and $40 and got some great ideas from here and completed my MR yesterday.
aztimm and melrowgo like this.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by caburrito
Better start packing:

$567.20

$1421

Book at your own risk, calculated EQM is 18505. If that's cutting it too close, you could pay $500 more and choose the Cathay Pacific flight instead.

Thanks...trying to be greedy and also making sure!!
It seems that it is cutting too close...anything over the atlantic so that I could reach Delhi by 24th morning (planning to celebrate by grand father's 91st birthday and hence my reason for doing this mileage run to India)
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by seaskybound
Departure Airport(s): LHR/LGW
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 3980
EQDs Needed: 49
Max Budget: $500/£500 (but cheaper if possible)
Available Travel Dates: Any date between now and 31.12
Max # Travel Nights: 2
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): Y
LHR-IST r/t :: £484 BA in Bus :: 4600+ EQM, 700+ EQD :: Dec 29-30
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by sirohim
Thanks...trying to be greedy and also making sure!!
It seems that it is cutting too close...anything over the atlantic so that I could reach Delhi by 24th morning (planning to celebrate by grand father's 91st birthday and hence my reason for doing this mileage run to India)
Are you talking about a one-way to DEL that meets your listed specs, or trying to do this as a r/t? If r/t, when do you want to return?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.