Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: melrowgo
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: ex-multiyear AA EXP/OWE, now SA Gold/AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by thanhkieu07
Hi guys/and gals - new lurker here for the past few months and have saw some pretty awesome runs. I'm trying to make EXP for the first time this year. I know there's a DFW to JKT but that's being in the air a looong time. I was hoping to maybe do a lot of 4/5 hour hops on business throughout the country? Tried looking at DFW-->NYC-->SEATTLE-->NYC--->DFW or some others but still coming up short? Thanks a lot if anyone can help. If not I understand =D.

Departure Airport: DFW
Miles Needed: 15K EQM
EQDS Needed: N/A
Budget: $2000 preferably - can do a few hundred more
Available Travel Dates: December 29-31 (I know... pushing it =/).
Required Metal or Codeshares okay
Does anyone know if the PTY F/J runs are still possible? That would probably get what this person needs.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXPL
Hi guys/and gals - new lurker here for the past few months and have saw some pretty awesome runs. I'm trying to make EXP for the first time this year. I know there's a DFW to JKT but that's being in the air a looong time. I was hoping to maybe do a lot of 4/5 hour hops on business throughout the country? Tried looking at DFW-->NYC-->SEATTLE-->NYC--->DFW or some others but still coming up short? Thanks a lot if anyone can help. If not I understand =D.

Not a great itinerary, but you can play around with the flight times.
At least you are flying first. It will net almost 16K EQMs, for less than $1,900.

DFW-BOS-SEA-MIA-DFW
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:14 pm

Departure Airport(s): OMA, MCI, DSM
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 6700
EQDs Needed: $0
Max Budget: $1000 (obviously would prefer less)
Available Travel Dates: DEC 15-20 or 29-31
Max Travel Nights: 2
AA only, or Partners Okay: OKAY
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N
Have AA Platinum and looking to qualify for Platinum Pro with a short mileage run if reasonable.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:01 pm

Thank you for looking! Forgot I can route through Boston/Miami too. I might end up just doing this one unless people know about the Panama one?

Thanks again!
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by micgolub
Departure Airport(s): IND and ORD, and others like CVG/DAY etc.
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 0
EQDs Needed: $159
Max Budget: as little as possible.
Available Travel Dates: DEC 15-17
AA only, or Partners Okay: only these partners ( American Airlines, American Eagle®, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines)
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): Y
ORD-LGA r/t :: $215 AA in Econ :: ~178 EQD :: Dec 15
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:21 pm

DFW-CDG-MIA-DFW :: $1971 BA in PE :: ~15400 EQM :: Dec 29-31 (hope no flights get cancelled!)

Not sure what the PTY run is that folks are talking about. I'm guessing it had several stops or was from a different airport? Otherwise, I'm not seeing how it would generate enough EQMs...
Old Dec 11, 2017, 4:20 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by wademiller
Last week I did a BOS-DFW-ICN-DFW-BOS flight to meet EXP for the year. First time I've done a mileage run. I booked PE because I needed the 1.5 EQM multiplier. I had a couple of SWUs left so I used them on the trip. The tickets were definitely PE but when the miles posted, the DFW-ICN-DFW legs did not post at the 1.5 EQM multiplier. Did the use of SWUs change things somehow? I'm waiting on a call back from the AA rep. Did I miss something that is going to cost me? Thanks!
The BOS-DFW-BOS portion of your ticket was most likely booked in economy and will credit accordingly. You should get 1.5x EQM for the DFW-ICN-DFW portion, however.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by melrowgo
Not sure what the PTY run is that folks are talking about. I'm guessing it had several stops or was from a different airport? Otherwise, I'm not seeing how it would generate enough EQMs...
A couple of years ago (2015 or 2016, maybe?) there was a great fare in F/J to PTY (around $700). With just a bit of creativity, some were able to get routings that allowed travel on a 3-class transcon.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchbiker
Departure Airport(s): OMA, MCI, DSM
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 6700
EQDs Needed: $0
Max Budget: $1000 (obviously would prefer less)
Available Travel Dates: DEC 15-20 or 29-31
AA only, or Partners Okay: OKAY
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N
Have AA Platinum and looking to qualify for Platinum Pro with a short mileage run if reasonable.
OMA-DFW-PDX-LAX-OMA in AA Bus 12/17–12/18 with a short overnight in PDX. $636. 8,600 EQMs.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: American Airlines
You can do a 28K run in 2 days in Dec, but not for $2000. Or you can do a 28K run for low $2000s, but not in 2 days in Dec.
If I go up to mid $2,000 and take three or four days, is it still possible to get $28K EQMs in December? Thanks again for any advice
Old Dec 11, 2017, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by MARLP

If I go up to mid $2,000 and take three or four days, is it still possible to get $28K EQMs in December? Thanks again for any advice
Things have been a bit dicey at LHR the past two days, but one possibility is MIA-LHR-MCT-LHR-MIA in Premium Economy (Direct turn in Muscat, 1 night in LHR on the way back). 12/22–12/24. $1,949. ~24,000 EQMs. **1 seat available apparently, and I would double check on the 1hr 40min turn in Muscat. I've never done it myself personally, but you do need a visa on arrival for Oman. In other words, see if you can put it on hold at AA.com and then double check logistics.**

A same-day trip on 12/16 to PHX for $300 should get you the remaining 4,000 EQMs.

Last edited by flyingeph12; Dec 11, 2017 at 9:26 pm
Old Dec 11, 2017, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA
28k run in 2 days? im in! please share details Melrowgo!!

You can do a 28K run in 2 days in Dec, but not for $2000. Or you can do a 28K run for low $2000s, but not in 2 days in Dec.
I need to depart from MIA or FLL!!
Thanks!!!!!!
JJBAAWINGS
Old Dec 11, 2017, 11:45 pm

Programs: ex-multiyear AA EXP/OWE, now SA Gold/AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
A couple of years ago (2015 or 2016, maybe?) there was a great fare in F/J to PTY (around $700). With just a bit of creativity, some were able to get routings that allowed travel on a 3-class transcon.
Last year I did a 9 segment run from YVR to PTY and back all in F/J for about $700 - I think it was YVR-PHX-JFK-MIA-PTY-MIA-BOS-PHL-PHX-YVR over 3 days. Had a blast zipping all over. Something like 23-27K EQM iirc.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by JJBAAWINGS
I need to depart from MIA or FLL!!
Thanks!!!!!!
JJBAAWINGS
MIA-HEL-ICN r/t :: $4077 AY in Bus :: ~28600 EQM :: Dec 28-30 :: under 48 hours, all lie-flat
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by geoflys
Departure Airport(s): IND
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 6000
EQDs Needed: NA
Max Budget: $500
Available Travel Dates: Dec 17-22
AA only, or Partners Okay: AA
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): Y
For that time frame and 6000 EQMs, I'm not finding anything for $500. If you can increase your budget, here's an option:
IND-ORD-TUS-DFW-IND :: $751 AA in Bus :: ~6300 EQM :: Dec 19

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.