Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: melrowgo
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by luajambeiro
Departure Airport(s): MIA/FLL
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 15K or 25K
EQDs Needed: $800
Max Budget: $800
Available Travel Dates: Dec 7th to Dec 23rd
Max Travel Nights: Preferably 0-1
AA only, or Partners Okay: OK
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N

Hi guys. I'm currently Exec Platinum, but didn't travel as much this year, so trying to make it to at least Platinum PRO.

I'm currently waiting on my visa renewal to arrive, which I'm hoping will be in the next week or so, but there's no guarantee. So I have 2 scenarios. If I don't get the visa on time, I'd need 25K miles all within the US from now until the end of the year. If I do get it on time, I plan on going to Europe close to the end of the year, so I'd only need 15K miles within the US from now until Dec 22nd. I imagine this is super difficult, but thought I'd give it a try. Any help is greatly appreciated. It can be multiple trips as well.
While it is possible to collect 15-25K EQMs and 800 EQDs before 12/22, it's extremely unlikely you can do so for $800 or less. Only you can decide if PPro is important enough to pay the additional cost.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA PLT PRO
Departure Airport(s): ORD
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 16-18K EQM
EQDs Needed: $0
Max Budget: $5000 (obviously would prefer less)
Available Travel Dates: DEC 10, 15-17 or 21/22-24 (preferred)
Max Travel Nights: 2
AA only, or Partners Okay: OKAY

I'm currently at 79K EQM and $13.2K EQD. Would like to get EX PLT for my first time ever. I've got a flight to MIA on 12/30 that will get me 2500 EQM. And maybe a quick back and forth to OMA for another 2K EQM.
Looking for a first or biz class MR - I just can't stomach doing this in econ. Might even take my daughter along as a companion.
Any help from all of you FT Jedi Masters would be appreciated.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Whodunit68
my apologies. Nothing on the site that I’ve seen. Gcmap.com.
OK thanks. That's what I figured. Looks like EQMs being quoted are approximate, so it's likely GCmap or something similar.

PS - for all those looking for a MR - I was looking for some long hauls to get my EQMs up but then I realized, thankfully before I booked, that for approximately the same price and the same EQMs, I can do a transcon in J.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Garvey6

I'm currently at 79K EQM and $13.2K EQD. Would like to get EX PLT for my first time ever. I've got a flight to MIA on 12/30 that will get me 2500 EQM. And maybe a quick back and forth to OMA for another 2K EQM.
Looking for a first or biz class MR - I just can't stomach doing this in econ. Might even take my daughter along as a companion.
One possibility: ORD-LHR-ATH-LHR-ORD. 2 nights in ATH. You could also potentially do 1 night in ATH and 1 in LON. $2,844 in J. 20,344 EQMs by my calculation.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 9:11 am

Departure Airport(s): DFW
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 22650
EQDs Needed: 0
Max Budget: $2-3k?
Available Travel Dates: Dec 16-17 (can leave afternoon/evening of Dec 15)
Max # Travel Nights: 1/2
AA only, or Partners Okay: Whatever gets me there

Looking for a run over the weekend to get to platinum pro. Willing to do a couple domestic day trips in business if that is the more efficient way. Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: AA PLT PRO
Thanks flyingeph12. Very impressive.
Not sure I can stomach all the way to Athens and then an overnight. Would rather just stay in london.

I'm open to any other ideas
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by melrowgo
While it is possible to collect 15-25K EQMs and 800 EQDs before 12/22, it's extremely unlikely you can do so for $800 or less. Only you can decide if PPro is important enough to pay the additional cost.
Hi melrowgo. I'd be willing to spend more. I just put the $800 because that's what I need for EQDs. Of course I'd prefer to spend the least possible, but it can be more than that, if you're able to find anything. Thanks!!
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by luajambeiro
Hi melrowgo. I'd be willing to spend more. I just put the $800 because that's what I need for EQDs. Of course I'd prefer to spend the least possible, but it can be more than that, if you're able to find anything. Thanks!!
Completely understand. Just thought I'd make you aware of what you are up against. Here's one of the cheapest options, from JFK if you can get there tomorrow:
JFK-YVR-HKG r/t :: $2202 CX in PE :: 26400+ EQM, 3500+ EQD :: Dec 9-12 (overnight in HKG)
Old Dec 8, 2017, 2:16 pm

Another possibility: ORD-DFW-OGG r/t :: $2866 AA in F :: 18000+ EQM :: Dec 15-17 (overnight OGG)
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks flyingeph12. Very impressive.
Not sure I can stomach all the way to Athens and then an overnight. Would rather just stay in london.

I'm open to any other ideas
ORD-EWR-MIA-LIM-DFW-ORD. 12/16–12/17. No overnight (just three hours in Lima). $2,928. 17,146 EQMs by my calculation.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 9:43 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
I'm hoping that by taking the scenic route from the US to the UK I can bump up to Platinum status (if it's worth it), and since a lot of US to UK flights aren't cheap this late in the day, if I can hit those targets then it's a bonus...any help is much appreciated - thanks in advance!

Departure Airport(s): TUS, PHX ideally but can re-position to LAX or others
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 10K
EQDs Needed: $2100
Max Budget: Less than $2100!
Available Travel Dates: Leaving US on Dec 15-16 via anywhere in the world for a few days, (Asia most likely I'm guessing?) arriving in UK on Dec 22-23.
Max Travel Nights: See above
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Paul Allen
Departure Airport(s): DFW
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 22650
EQDs Needed: 0
Max Budget: $2-3k?
Available Travel Dates: Dec 16-17 (can leave afternoon/evening of Dec 15)
Max # Travel Nights: 1/2
AA only, or Partners Okay: Whatever gets me there

Looking for a run over the weekend to get to platinum pro. Willing to do a couple domestic day trips in business if that is the more efficient way. Thanks in advance for your help!
Paul, I'm afraid I've got nuthin' that will fit within your dates and budget. I even tried to cram two MRs in Bus during the weekend, but it would be both brutal and more than $3000. If you could come up with more dates and/or more money, that would help. One of the others might have more luck, however.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by chaschas
Thats 7,610 miles with stop in MIA each way... unfortunately not enough miles
Most likely your trip to Lima would bring you to DFW or MIA. On one leg or the other you can probably force a PHX loop for the remaining miles. Something like ORD-DFW-LIM-MIA-PHX-ORD would get you a little over 10,000. Given your wide open dates I'd think you could get that for well under $1,500.

I mapped a true run (no vactation time on ground) on Saturday Dec 15/16 for $840 that should get you to 10k...but just play around for whatever you want. Lima is cheap so just route some extra legs in the US between ORD and other AA hubs and you'll have what you need.

http://www.google.com/flights/#searc...=ONEWORLD;eo=e
Old Dec 9, 2017, 1:24 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gbexile
I'm hoping that by taking the scenic route from the US to the UK I can bump up to Platinum status (if it's worth it), and since a lot of US to UK flights aren't cheap this late in the day, if I can hit those targets then it's a bonus...any help is much appreciated - thanks in advance!

Departure Airport(s): TUS, PHX ideally but can re-position to LAX or others
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 10K
EQDs Needed: $2100
Max Budget: Less than $2100!
Available Travel Dates: Leaving US on Dec 15-16 via anywhere in the world for a few days, (Asia most likely I'm guessing?) arriving in UK on Dec 22-23.
Max Travel Nights: See above
Do you have a return from LHR or stop there?
PHX-DFW-LHR-DFW-PHX @ 1 EQM per flown mile will net you ~11,200 and round-trip flights in Y are running ~$2100. It's a match made in heaven unless you are looking for something additional or a lower spend? A short stop somewhere will keep you over $2100 for the EQDs on AA flights but will cost you more. PE seems in the $3k range.
If you just want an adventure and want to stay a few nights and only want one way, it appears that Asia is your best bet. DOH/CMM could work but are a bit pricier it seems.
Maybe one of the pros has something.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold .997mm
HELP!

Departure Airport(s): ORD or MKE
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 18K EQMs
EQDs Needed: $1500
Max Budget: Less than $1500!
Available Travel Dates: ANY
Max Travel Nights: 3
AA only, or Partners Okay: AA and partners

Very flexible schedule -- can do multiple trips. Prefer to limit nights away/hotel spend as much as possible. Have Priority Pass and United Club

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.