Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: melrowgo
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2017, 2:51 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond

In order to organize the end-of-year crush of Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread for the airlines with the most frequent requests. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:

For each response. Please quote the original request.

On behalf to the Mileage Run Moderator team, I would like to express our thanks to the many FlyerTalkers who rose to the challenge and helped so many members with their helpful suggestions.

These consolidates threads made managing the year end traffic much smoother.

Hopefully, all were successful with their runs.

Pat89339 on behalf of the Mileage Run Moderator team

Last edited by Pat89339; Dec 31, 2017 at 2:05 pm
Old Jan 2, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
As someone who directly benefited from the help of these flyer talkers, I would also like to thank each and every one of you that took the time to review. I am EXP this year thanks to you!
Whodunit68 and JLK100 like this.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL
OW 185TP by Apr 5... best options?

Evening,

Long time observer, BA frequent flyer and GC holder.

I'll need circa 185TP before 5 April. Might be fewer, but I don't necessarily expect more than maybe one economy trip to the US max (won't know until short notice, as ever).

Therefore it's time to start planning. The number I'm seeking is a bit unusual though: it's more than WTP rt, more than CE HEL rt, etc.

I've been in Google Flights for hours, but am coming up short on an affordable, quick and plausible solution...!

Suggestions appreciated.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
A pretty unexpensive solution to earn 160TP is the FRA/TFN with LA+IB. Around 300€, good availability in february and march also during week ends. You still need 25 TP, anyway.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: Delta
Jump start on the year

Departure Airport:MCI
Miles Needed:no limit just within budget
Required Spend or Budget:400-580
Available Travel Dates: March 18th to March 24th
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:

Destination either: PVA or Cancun
Old Jan 13, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Evening,

Long time observer, BA frequent flyer and GC holder.

I'll need circa 185TP before 5 April. Might be fewer, but I don't necessarily expect more than maybe one economy trip to the US max (won't know until short notice, as ever).

Therefore it's time to start planning. The number I'm seeking is a bit unusual though: it's more than WTP rt, more than CE HEL rt, etc.

I've been in Google Flights for hours, but am coming up short on an affordable, quick and plausible solution...!

Suggestions appreciated.
You will probably find the BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 master thread to be your best resource for this.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Help!

Just realized that I have a shot at getting BA status if I can get 2 more eligible segments before Apr 8. I'm based in YYZ. What's the most cost effective way to do this? Willing to fly economy. Gulp.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 9:40 pm

Hi, I'm looking for ways I can complete a mile challenge with American Airlines to get elite status in 3 months. I'm flying from Richmond VA. What is the best way to do this?
I haven't initiated a challenge yet, but I would like to this month if it makes sense to. As of right. Is I don't have any elite qualifying miles.

Also, what would be the best way to go about maintaining elite status once I've obtained it via the mile challenge?

Last edited by Pat89339; Jan 14, 2017 at 10:13 pm Reason: Consecutive posts
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Jls804
Hi, I'm looking for ways I can complete a mile challenge with American Airlines to get elite status in 3 months. I'm flying from Richmond VA. What is the best way to do this?
I haven't initiated a challenge yet, but I would like to this month if it makes sense to. As of right. Is I don't have any elite qualifying miles.

Also, what would be the best way to go about maintaining elite status once I've obtained it via the mile challenge?
Welcome to FlyerTalk. The answer to your first question depends on a lot of things you need to specify:
- Is it a Gold or Platinum Challenge?
- How many EQMs do you still need to earn?
- How many EQDs do you still need to earn?
- How much are you will to spend?
- Are there any time constraints on your flying?
- Are there any location constraints on your flying?
- What is your current AA status, if any?

The answer to your second question would depend a lot of what flying you'd be doing even if you didn't care about EQM or EQD.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:26 am

Programs: One world
Hi Experts,My BA TP expires beginning of April and really need to retain my Gold status.Would really appreciate your help here.

I am opened to long and short hauls.

Departure Airport: ZRH/LHR
Tier Points Needed: 1320 TP
Required Spend or Budget: Upto £250 - £1250max
Available Travel Dates: Thurssday returning Monday early morning
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:Oneworld (BA/AA)

Will update if I find anything.

Cheers!
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I too was a beneficiary of the flyer talkers who helped me with my 1st MR and hit EP. Thank you.
I have 3 weeks’ vacation time and would like to travel to the sun and bank miles towards EP for next year. As there no AA MR’s at this time I’m open to anything. My bags are backed and I’m ready! I would be happy with multiple trips. ORD - ?
All I need is your expert help.
PS: one day I hope to learn the tools of the FT trade so I can find deal myself.
Thanks to all of you!
Old Feb 1, 2017, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Elsau
Hi Experts,My BA TP expires beginning of April and really need to retain my Gold status.Would really appreciate your help here.

I am opened to long and short hauls.

Departure Airport: ZRH/LHR
Tier Points Needed: 1320 TP
Required Spend or Budget: Upto £250 - £1250max
Available Travel Dates: Thurssday returning Monday early morning
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:Oneworld (BA/AA)

Will update if I find anything.

Cheers!
I suggest you visit this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-thread.html
Old Feb 12, 2017, 3:52 pm

When: June 1st through June 8th 2017
Where: SNA to IND
Details: I don't have to be in Indy until the evening of the 2nd. My with taxes limit for spending is $1000. I am willing to spend the night the 1st somewhere to help maximize my EQM's(i.e. not in Indy). My goal would be to get as many EQM's or Segments within the $1000 limit(inclusive of taxes). Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any insight the group can provide.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by AndrewKA99
When: June 1st through June 8th 2017
Where: SNA to IND
Details: I don't have to be in Indy until the evening of the 2nd. My with taxes limit for spending is $1000. I am willing to spend the night the 1st somewhere to help maximize my EQM's(i.e. not in Indy). My goal would be to get as many EQM's or Segments within the $1000 limit(inclusive of taxes). Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any insight the group can provide.
So, let's see. Furthest possible from both SNA and IND but still a day away from both, with maximum possible indirecting as possible, including the return.

How about SEA for $987?

You get 7 segments and 8385 EQM:

Jun 01 SNA-DFW-SEA
Jun 02 SEA-LAX-IND
Jun 08 IND-CLT-ORD-SNA

That arrives in IND at 1653. If that's too late for your "evening" goal, you could leave SEA just after midnight instead, turning your SEA "overnight" into just a couple hours.

You could actually do MEX surprisingly cheap, but that requires an overnight in DFW both ways. Could you start a day earlier?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
So, let's see. Furthest possible from both SNA and IND but still a day away from both, with maximum possible indirecting as possible, including the return.

How about SEA for $987?

You get 7 segments and 8385 EQM:

Jun 01 SNA-DFW-SEA
Jun 02 SEA-LAX-IND
Jun 08 IND-CLT-ORD-SNA

That arrives in IND at 1653. If that's too late for your "evening" goal, you could leave SEA just after midnight instead, turning your SEA "overnight" into just a couple hours.

You could actually do MEX surprisingly cheap, but that requires an overnight in DFW both ways. Could you start a day earlier?
Spammers

I could actually start a day earlier. I will use free nights via my Marriott Rewards accounts to stay at hotels near airports for the evening prior to arriving in Indy. I would be curious to see what your route would look like if I leave a day earlier. Thanks for the insight it is greatly appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.