FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   AA/One World: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1789936-aa-one-world-2017-2018-consolidated-mileage-status-challenge-runs-help-needed.html)

Pat89339 Jan 1, 2017 2:51 pm

AA/One World: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

In order to organize the end-of-year crush of Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread for the airlines with the most frequent requests. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:

For each response. Please quote the original request.

On behalf to the Mileage Run Moderator team, I would like to express our thanks to the many FlyerTalkers who rose to the challenge and helped so many members with their helpful suggestions.

These consolidates threads made managing the year end traffic much smoother.

Hopefully, all were successful with their runs.

Pat89339 on behalf of the Mileage Run Moderator team

atxtraveler Jan 2, 2017 8:08 am

As someone who directly benefited from the help of these flyer talkers, I would also like to thank each and every one of you that took the time to review. I am EXP this year thanks to you! :D:D

mmxbreaks Jan 11, 2017 2:54 pm

OW 185TP by Apr 5... best options?

Evening,

Long time observer, BA frequent flyer and GC holder.

I'll need circa 185TP before 5 April. Might be fewer, but I don't necessarily expect more than maybe one economy trip to the US max (won't know until short notice, as ever).

Therefore it's time to start planning. The number I'm seeking is a bit unusual though: it's more than WTP rt, more than CE HEL rt, etc.

I've been in Google Flights for hours, but am coming up short on an affordable, quick and plausible solution...!

Suggestions appreciated.

Dancrane Jan 11, 2017 3:04 pm

A pretty unexpensive solution to earn 160TP is the FRA/TFN with LA+IB. Around 300€, good availability in february and march also during week ends. You still need 25 TP, anyway.

Chris Breezy Bowser Jan 12, 2017 1:22 pm

Jump start on the year

Departure Airport:MCI
Miles Needed:no limit just within budget
Required Spend or Budget:400-580
Available Travel Dates: March 18th to March 24th
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:

Destination either: PVA or Cancun

SpammersAreScum Jan 13, 2017 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks (Post 27745400)
Evening,

Long time observer, BA frequent flyer and GC holder.

I'll need circa 185TP before 5 April. Might be fewer, but I don't necessarily expect more than maybe one economy trip to the US max (won't know until short notice, as ever).

Therefore it's time to start planning. The number I'm seeking is a bit unusual though: it's more than WTP rt, more than CE HEL rt, etc.

I've been in Google Flights for hours, but am coming up short on an affordable, quick and plausible solution...!

Suggestions appreciated.

You will probably find the BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 master thread to be your best resource for this.

margarita girl Jan 14, 2017 4:39 am

Help!

Just realized that I have a shot at getting BA status if I can get 2 more eligible segments before Apr 8. I'm based in YYZ. What's the most cost effective way to do this? Willing to fly economy. Gulp.

Jls804 Jan 14, 2017 9:40 pm

Hi, I'm looking for ways I can complete a mile challenge with American Airlines to get elite status in 3 months. I'm flying from Richmond VA. What is the best way to do this?
I haven't initiated a challenge yet, but I would like to this month if it makes sense to. As of right. Is I don't have any elite qualifying miles.

Also, what would be the best way to go about maintaining elite status once I've obtained it via the mile challenge?

SpammersAreScum Jan 15, 2017 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Jls804 (Post 27762751)
Hi, I'm looking for ways I can complete a mile challenge with American Airlines to get elite status in 3 months. I'm flying from Richmond VA. What is the best way to do this?
I haven't initiated a challenge yet, but I would like to this month if it makes sense to. As of right. Is I don't have any elite qualifying miles.

Also, what would be the best way to go about maintaining elite status once I've obtained it via the mile challenge?

Welcome to FlyerTalk. The answer to your first question depends on a lot of things you need to specify:
- Is it a Gold or Platinum Challenge?
- How many EQMs do you still need to earn?
- How many EQDs do you still need to earn?
- How much are you will to spend?
- Are there any time constraints on your flying?
- Are there any location constraints on your flying?
- What is your current AA status, if any?

The answer to your second question would depend a lot of what flying you'd be doing even if you didn't care about EQM or EQD.

Elsau Jan 18, 2017 1:26 am

Hi Experts,My BA TP expires beginning of April and really need to retain my Gold status.Would really appreciate your help here.

I am opened to long and short hauls.

Departure Airport: ZRH/LHR
Tier Points Needed: 1320 TP
Required Spend or Budget: Upto £250 - £1250max
Available Travel Dates: Thurssday returning Monday early morning
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:Oneworld (BA/AA)

Will update if I find anything.

Cheers!

mrships Jan 29, 2017 6:35 am

I too was a beneficiary of the flyer talkers who helped me with my 1st MR and hit EP. Thank you.
I have 3 weeks’ vacation time and would like to travel to the sun and bank miles towards EP for next year. As there no AA MR’s at this time I’m open to anything. My bags are backed and I’m ready! I would be happy with multiple trips. ORD - ?
All I need is your expert help.
PS: one day I hope to learn the tools of the FT trade so I can find deal myself.
Thanks to all of you!

zoqfotpik Feb 1, 2017 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Elsau (Post 27779660)
Hi Experts,My BA TP expires beginning of April and really need to retain my Gold status.Would really appreciate your help here.

I am opened to long and short hauls.

Departure Airport: ZRH/LHR
Tier Points Needed: 1320 TP
Required Spend or Budget: Upto £250 - £1250max
Available Travel Dates: Thurssday returning Monday early morning
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:Oneworld (BA/AA)

Will update if I find anything.

Cheers!

I suggest you visit this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-thread.html

AndrewKA99 Feb 12, 2017 3:52 pm

When: June 1st through June 8th 2017
Where: SNA to IND
Details: I don't have to be in Indy until the evening of the 2nd. My with taxes limit for spending is $1000. I am willing to spend the night the 1st somewhere to help maximize my EQM's(i.e. not in Indy). My goal would be to get as many EQM's or Segments within the $1000 limit(inclusive of taxes). Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any insight the group can provide.

SpammersAreScum Feb 13, 2017 11:25 am

Originally Posted by AndrewKA99 (Post 27900216)
When: June 1st through June 8th 2017
Where: SNA to IND
Details: I don't have to be in Indy until the evening of the 2nd. My with taxes limit for spending is $1000. I am willing to spend the night the 1st somewhere to help maximize my EQM's(i.e. not in Indy). My goal would be to get as many EQM's or Segments within the $1000 limit(inclusive of taxes). Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any insight the group can provide.

So, let's see. Furthest possible from both SNA and IND but still a day away from both, with maximum possible indirecting as possible, including the return.

How about SEA for $987?

You get 7 segments and 8385 EQM:

Jun 01 SNA-DFW-SEA
Jun 02 SEA-LAX-IND
Jun 08 IND-CLT-ORD-SNA

That arrives in IND at 1653. If that's too late for your "evening" goal, you could leave SEA just after midnight instead, turning your SEA "overnight" into just a couple hours.

You could actually do MEX surprisingly cheap, but that requires an overnight in DFW both ways. Could you start a day earlier?

AndrewKA99 Feb 13, 2017 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum (Post 27903494)
So, let's see. Furthest possible from both SNA and IND but still a day away from both, with maximum possible indirecting as possible, including the return.

How about SEA for $987?

You get 7 segments and 8385 EQM:

Jun 01 SNA-DFW-SEA
Jun 02 SEA-LAX-IND
Jun 08 IND-CLT-ORD-SNA

That arrives in IND at 1653. If that's too late for your "evening" goal, you could leave SEA just after midnight instead, turning your SEA "overnight" into just a couple hours.

You could actually do MEX surprisingly cheap, but that requires an overnight in DFW both ways. Could you start a day earlier?

Spammers

I could actually start a day earlier. I will use free nights via my Marriott Rewards accounts to stay at hotels near airports for the evening prior to arriving in Indy. I would be curious to see what your route would look like if I leave a day earlier. Thanks for the insight it is greatly appreciated.