Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: melrowgo
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AndrewKA99
When: June 1st through June 8th 2017
Where: SNA to IND
Details: I don't have to be in Indy until the evening of the 2nd. My with taxes limit for spending is $1000. I am willing to spend the night the 1st somewhere to help maximize my EQM's(i.e. not in Indy). My goal would be to get as many EQM's or Segments within the $1000 limit(inclusive of taxes). Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any insight the group can provide.
SNA-PHX-OGG-LAX-IND-DFW-SNA out 6/1 return 6/8 is $1037, 9448 miles. Similar routing with return to LAX is $961.
https://www.google.com/flights/?gl=u...2345;a=AA;eo=e
Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist
Any good deals flying out of IAH? Need about 2500 EQM and am looking to do a weekend trip somewhere either early March or Mid-late April. I would like to keep it under $800 or so. Thanks!
Old Feb 13, 2017, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by prhockey2607
Any good deals flying out of IAH? Need about 2500 EQM and am looking to do a weekend trip somewhere either early March or Mid-late April. I would like to keep it under $800 or so. Thanks!
IAH-PHL-DCA-DFW-IAH day trip 3/4 is $198, 2855 miles.
IAH-CLT-DCA-BOS-DFW-IAH day trip 3/4 is $233, 3424 miles.
https://www.google.com/flights/?gl=u...AH0AA2368;a=AA
Old Feb 13, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jbeckett
IAH-PHL-DCA-DFW-IAH day trip 3/4 is $198, 2855 miles.
IAH-CLT-DCA-BOS-DFW-IAH day trip 3/4 is $233, 3424 miles.
Awesome, thank you!
Old Feb 13, 2017, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by jbeckett
SNA-PHX-OGG-LAX-IND-DFW-SNA out 6/1 return 6/8 is $1037, 9448 miles. Similar routing with return to LAX is $961.
https://www.google.com/flights/?gl=u...2345;a=AA;eo=e
Thanks JBeckett
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
Forgive my ignorance after all these years, but is there a way to do a reverse look up of best fares between point AAA-BBB with no date in specific? Like, I could fly out of DFW, TYL, GGG, SHV or even AUS, ACT, or IAH with a final destination of CNX?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by atxtraveler
Forgive my ignorance after all these years, but is there a way to do a reverse look up of best fares between point AAA-BBB with no date in specific? Like, I could fly out of DFW, TYL, GGG, SHV or even AUS, ACT, or IAH with a final destination of CNX?
Use google.com/flights. In the originating field, you can enter up to five airport codes, separated by commas. For example, dfw,tyl,ggg.chv,aus. In the destination you can also have up to five, but you can just put cnx.

Now select a departure and return date. Now click on the departure date and you will see a calendar showing the cost of the trip with departure on each day. The cost is for a trip of the length that you specified via the departure and return dates.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by prhockey2607
Nothing but flying...at least you get to lie flat for a portion of it:
Sat-Sun: IAH-DFW-MIA-IAH (M80/772/319) Business Class: $659, $5,170 EQM

https://goo.gl/flights/XVlt
Old Mar 3, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: AA Exp
Hey guys. Long time lurker and first time poster. Doing a few MRs to get EXP this year.

Just booked my first bona fide MR yesterday. April 22-23 in J going DFW-PHX-SEA-LAX-DFW, taking the overnight from LAX to arrive back early the next morning. $886 for ~8300 eqm (2x the BIS miles).

The midnight overnights from LAX seem cheap and give you opportunity to work west in late afternoon/early evening.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Departure Airport:TXL
Miles Needed: 16000
Required Spend or Budget: $900
Available Travel Dates: Thurs-Mon from April-December
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:
Codeshares ok

Last edited by Smoove95; Mar 5, 2017 at 11:42 am
Old Mar 5, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Smoove95
AA metal
What "AA metal" is there at TXL?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
What "AA metal" is there at TXL?
Good point, don't know how that slipped in there. I'm a new poster
Old Mar 6, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Smoove95
Codeshares ok
TXL-LHR-IAH-DFW-LHR-TXL is $1029 in PE on May 6-8 only; 10,989 real miles = 16,484 EQM. That's the closest I can find for doing it in one trip.

There are 2 weekends in May where you could fly TXL-LHR-ORD RT for $455 each in Econ; buy from AA to get long-hauls AA-marketed, earning over 8k EQM each.

SCL is perfect distance-wise, and price-wise in Econ, but on BA/IB/LA earning is only .5x.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 4:41 pm

Departure Airport: CLT, GSO, RDU
Miles Needed: open
Required Spend or Budget: $1500, could stretch to 2k
Available Travel Dates: May 23-30
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Codeshares ok

Prefer J. I'm EP and looking for miles to maintain. Open to anywhere that doesn't require a Visa.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: AA
I will be about 30k short of EXP for next year so I wanted to get started early. For the life of me cannot find anything good out of STL. Any thoughts?

Departure Airport: STL
Miles Needed: as much as possible but over 20k preferred
Required Spend or Budget: $1000-1500
Available Travel Dates: May 15-18
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Codeshares okay

Thanks guys!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.