FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   AA Ex-Platinum (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1786341-aa-ex-platinum.html)

SFBOST Aug 22, 2016 8:20 pm

AA Ex-Platinum

I need 20,000 miles on AA to qualify out of Boston. Ideas?

jbeckett Aug 22, 2016 8:41 pm

BOS-LAX-HKG-DFW-BOS will get you 19490 miles for $728, for example out 9/25 return 9/27. Then find an inexpensive day trip like BOS-ORD-BOS on 11/5 for $71 to get the rest of the miles.

tcook052 Aug 22, 2016 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by SFBOST (Post 27104923)
I need 20,000 miles on AA to qualify out of Boston. Ideas?

What have you found so far?

Madone59 Aug 23, 2016 8:41 am

Originally Posted by tcook052 (Post 27105341)
What have you found so far?

+1. Some more detail will be helpful. When can you fly? Can you travel internationally, do you have a budget??

benzemalyonnais Aug 23, 2016 10:27 am

Can do it in one HKG run easily for $773.

http://goo.gl/flights/EXSc

I'm working off a pretty bad connection and didn't try to book, but should work through AA.

arollins Aug 23, 2016 10:32 am

OP already posted on the LAX-PTY BUS run for $700 and had problems figuring out how to position to LAX. To me that seems the easiest choice, but again, as it is usual with this type of request, the lack of information and feedback from the poster makes is difficult to provide additional help.

Madone59 Aug 23, 2016 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by arollins (Post 27107748)
OP already posted on the LAX-PTY BUS run for $700 and had problems figuring out how to position to LAX. To me that seems the easiest choice, but again, as it is usual with this type of request, the lack of information and feedback from the poster makes is difficult to provide additional help.

Good catch arollins. I didn't put two and two together when I replied to both threads. Is it really already that time of year again :rolleyes:

SFBOST Aug 23, 2016 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by arollins (Post 27107748)

This does seem to be the easiest method. Roundtrip to LAX from BOS is not that much and flight times work fine. Better to do this to a place I anyway have to be for a couple of days.

Thanks

arollins Aug 23, 2016 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by SFBOST (Post 27108807)
This does seem to be the easiest method. Roundtrip to LAX from BOS is not that much and flight times work fine. Better to do this to a place I anyway have to be for a couple of days.

Thanks

correct, why spend that money to go to HKG and travel in coach, when for the same amount you can go much comfortably to PTY and you get some added bonus as well. Enjoy your time.

arollins Aug 23, 2016 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Madone59 (Post 27108673)
Good catch arollins. I didn't put two and two together when I replied to both threads. Is it really already that time of year again :rolleyes:

It sure is. Time to stop looking at this forum for a bit.

Zorak Aug 23, 2016 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by Madone59 (Post 27108673)

Originally Posted by arollins (Post 27108867)

AA also recently sent out a bunch of targeted challenge invitations which included EXP.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post27078222

Madone59 Aug 23, 2016 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by arollins (Post 27108867)

See you in February buddy.

SFBOST Did you see my reply to your other post about fitting two PTY RT's into one BOS-LAX RT? You may just want to take one week and knock it all out.

arollins Aug 23, 2016 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 27110309)
AA also recently sent out a bunch of targeted challenge invitations which included EXP.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post27078222

Yes, I'm well aware of the targeted status challenge that was recently launched. The problem I have is the typical poster that comes here, looking for XXX miles needed to complete its challenge, do not even mention the basics such as time frame, home airport, budget, etc. They do not even bother to look at the mileage run threads. There are numerous runs mentioned in there. The PTY run is an excellent example, and in Business class no less. I have no problem helping out, but at least show that you've done some research on your own. In the end, most of these posters do not contribute much, just looking for a freebie.

Zorak Aug 23, 2016 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by arollins (Post 27110404)
In the end, most of these posters do not contribute much, just looking for a freebie.

I'm totally on board with you :) was just supplying an alternate reason why there may have been a rash of these lately; I'm not sure it's quite time for the end-of-year ramp-up yet.

Epicura Aug 25, 2016 12:38 am

IMHO it's not only about posting a request without having done any kind of research, it's also about posting a new thread EVERY TIME.

Perhaps not a bad idea to merge all those requests in 1 single thread (and just do it consequently every time some one still feels the urge to open a new thread), preferably on the AA forum?

If some good souls are willing to help, this will allow to not having repeat them selves every day. On a related note: I have noticed that FT like Madone59 (and others) still manage to reply in the most polite and patient way. RESPECT :) !