Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AM: MCO-SDQ C fare $107-$150 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 3, 2016, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: johnnywho
FT Users Flying

tomasdev - Aug 30/31 Trip Report (immediate turnaround)
island82 - Sept 30/Oct 1- 4hrs in SDQ, overnight in MEX Oct 1-2
rivlinm - Nov 11/16/18 - 4 days in MEX, 2 days in SDQ
schindlr88 Aug 19-23rd, 2 days in SDQ, 1 MEX
dustenm - Oct 2-7th - 4 nights in SDQ
johnnywho - April 11-21st - 10 nights in DR

Earnings on DL - * Make SURE you FF number prints on your BP
AeroMexico flights earn based off Distance for Delta. If ticketed in C would be:
6408 base miles and 3204 category bonus miles

For those without status this means:
9610 MQM (confirmed)
4 MQS (confirmed)
9612 RDM (confirmed, base, you get more with status)
$1922 MQD (confirmed)

Source: https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...eromexico.html

Tips from those who have run this:

Get all your BPs at MCO before you depart (if not staying)
Use MEX immigration first point return to USA, second point to SDQ
Ask for two of the smaller forms on jet to SDQ (need 2nd at exit)
No need to pay $10 fee if you have BP to show not staying
MEX return w/1.5 connection is tight. You may miss connect
New AM 737 seats are Zodiac w/ IFE power. Old are total crud
Regional MEX-SDQ has Gogo but only for videos. Very limited choices. No power.
Food was either hot or cold sandwich on mainline. Cold on regional.

How many points did you get crediting to:

Have not yet got points to confirm above earnings on Delta. Will update.

Canceling:

Contact the OTA you booked with to cancel. AeroMexico unwilling to refund via phone, website, and in person.
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] AM: MCO-SDQ C fare $107-$150 rt

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2016, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by ketchm
You can chat with a representative through their website and add that info. I just did it.
Roger! Will do.

Thank you!
Old Aug 3, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: WP
Originally Posted by Renes Points
That could very well be. Happy to be wrong! Will see in about one week.
Doing this purely for MQDs, please let us know.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL ✈️
Flights marketed and ticketed by the partner will earn MQDs based on a percentage of distance flown* as determined by the fare class paid.

This flight earns MQD. Fare class is C, fare price does NOT matter on AM crediting to DL.

Fare is now gone on AM website. May still have luck thru OTAs
Old Aug 3, 2016, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA,AC,DL,AA
As usual, I booked with Shady OTA and my ticket wont stick. Got cancellation email.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by oh101
As usual, I booked with Shady OTA and my ticket wont stick. Got cancellation email.
Is there some benefit to book with an OTA vs the carriers own website?
Old Aug 3, 2016, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by dustenm
If you're dealing with an OTA that is a known entity, I figure it can't hurt to add an extra layer of customer service in case of an issue. Unlike with a hotel, you can still collect your loyalty credit just the same, so I figure it doesn't hurt. Also, I know I'll have an easier time cancelling within 24hrs with a known-OTA than I may directly with the airline. That's why I'll book through an OTA for an airfare mistake when possible. That said, someone else will have to respond if there's a benefit of using a shady no-name OTA as I'm not sure what that'd be.

All that said, I'm contemplating crediting these flights to Flying Blue if they go through. Looks like they earn 175%, right? Status thresholds are lower......awards/use of miles more interesting/useful.....right? Someone slap me if I'm wrong.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 8:16 pm

Programs: *A S, AS MVP, ST E+, HH P, IHG Plat, Bonvoy G,
Originally Posted by Parachute07
If you're dealing with an OTA that is a known entity, I figure it can't hurt to add an extra layer of customer service in case of an issue. Unlike with a hotel, you can still collect your loyalty credit just the same, so I figure it doesn't hurt. Also, I know I'll have an easier time cancelling within 24hrs with a known-OTA than I may directly with the airline. That's why I'll book through an OTA for an airfare mistake when possible. That said, someone else will have to respond if there's a benefit of using a shady no-name OTA as I'm not sure what that'd be.

All that said, I'm contemplating crediting these flights to Flying Blue if they go through. Looks like they earn 175%, right? Status thresholds are lower......awards/use of miles more interesting/useful.....right? Someone slap me if I'm wrong.
That's the same reason I try to go through a reputable OTA if possible, and go through airline's website rather than a shady one if it is not possible like in this case.

I am debating crediting this to Flying Blue as well for same reason. Since I have 4 RTs booked (2 back to back's) for next year, that should be enough for Gold from what I can see. In the end, I'll probably credit towards getting myself to Alaska MVP Gold next year as I'd earn more RDM through my current MVP Gold status.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by xedubx
That's the same reason I try to go through a reputable OTA if possible, and go through airline's website rather than a shady one if it is not possible like in this case.

I am debating crediting this to Flying Blue as well for same reason. Since I have 4 RTs booked (2 back to back's) for next year, that should be enough for Gold from what I can see. In the end, I'll probably credit towards getting myself to Alaska MVP Gold next year as I'd earn more RDM through my current MVP Gold status.
I booked 5 for next year, so same boat. I was looking for some additional dates, but it was like 3am last night and I had to be awake for a video conference at 7:30am -- I figured 5 would get me to Gold if it all flies and that ain't bad. Figure worst case scenario, I can leverage the Gold status into something with someone else :-).

BTW, as far as reputable OTA's not being possible, they actually were in this case. I booked through both AmexTravel and Expedia at the $110 price. The Expedia flights I found using Hipmunk (when I went directly to Expedia, it came up $146, but using Hipmunk's link I got the $110). AmexTravel just priced out right from the get-go (but if you don't have a Platinum card, they tack on another $11 -- so it would have been $121 if you don't have a personal or business Amex Plat).
Old Aug 3, 2016, 8:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I tried through AmEx @2AM central, but it was repricing. I ended up booking 6 tix through Priceline for spring break.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 10:06 pm

[FARE GONE] AM fare MCO-MEX-SDQ Business Class RT US$110

Deleted - Didn't see this thread

Last edited by sgan317; Aug 4, 2016 at 6:28 am Reason: TOS 7 and 10 and edit for space
Old Aug 3, 2016, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA,AC,DL,AA
Originally Posted by dustenm

At the time fare are no longer available on AM website. Only can book and ticket through OTA.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 10:47 pm

Programs: *A S, AS MVP, ST E+, HH P, IHG Plat, Bonvoy G,
Originally Posted by Parachute07
BTW, as far as reputable OTA's not being possible, they actually were in this case. I booked through both AmexTravel and Expedia at the $110 price. The Expedia flights I found using Hipmunk (when I went directly to Expedia, it came up $146, but using Hipmunk's link I got the $110). AmexTravel just priced out right from the get-go (but if you don't have a Platinum card, they tack on another $11 -- so it would have been $121 if you don't have a personal or business Amex Plat).
Hmm..i gave up and booked on AM site because of repricing , but i was going through google flight and kayak. Oh well.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 6:30 am

Per Fare rules can we change routing onto DL metal without a reprice? Or at least change the return after leg one is flown?
Old Aug 4, 2016, 6:59 am

Programs: MR Silver
New user at FT. I booked a couple of AM tickets for 01/17 and 04/17, so hope to seeing other FT users on the flights. I live in Santo Domingo, so if any of you need any help getting around here. Hit me up!

RS
Old Aug 4, 2016, 7:57 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL PM
Originally Posted by carldosa
New user at FT. I booked a couple of AM tickets for 01/17 and 04/17, so hope to seeing other FT users on the flights. I live in Santo Domingo, so if any of you need any help getting around here. Hit me up!

RS
How are immigration lines at the Airport?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.