Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Need 5000 miles out of YYZ by August 21

Need 5000 miles out of YYZ by August 21

Reply

Old Jul 28, 16, 3:37 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Programs: AC E50K
Posts: 39
Need 5000 miles out of YYZ by August 21

Doing a status challenge and need 5000 AQM Miles out of YYZ by Aug 21. Needs to be on AC metal.

Appreciate any suggestions!
IBNR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 16, 6:02 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 589
How about YYZ-SFO-YVR-YYZ on August 11. 5130 miles. $755.20 CAD

AC737 - AC563 - AC100 (all Flex fare)

Originally Posted by IBNR View Post
Doing a status challenge and need 5000 AQM Miles out of YYZ by Aug 21. Needs to be on AC metal.

Appreciate any suggestions!

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Jul 28, 16 at 6:17 pm
canuck_traveler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 16, 9:39 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Programs: AC E50K
Posts: 39
Originally Posted by canuck_traveler View Post
How about YYZ-SFO-YVR-YYZ on August 11. 5130 miles. $755.20 CAD

AC737 - AC563 - AC100 (all Flex fare)
Thanks for the info. Nice price, but I am wondering how you got that price? My direct quote from AC almost doubles that.

Even Kayak shows 900+(unconfirmed availability yet)
Attached Images  

Last edited by IBNR; Jul 28, 16 at 10:41 pm
IBNR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 16, 10:19 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 589
I just went to the Air Canada site and typed in the departure and arrival airports for various dates (same day return). Air Canada gave me prices for various dates and I just selected the lowest price one that I saw.

I would suggest clearing all cookies from your web browser. I have found that some airline websites track your searches and raise prices on subsequent searches.

I did a search just now and prices for the 11th have disappeared. Prices for the week of the 18th are in the $1000 range. Sorry.

You may want to keep an eye out to see if AC lowers the prices again.

Originally Posted by IBNR View Post
Thanks for the info. Nice price, but I am wondering how you got that price? My direct quote from AC almost doubles that

I forgot to mention weekends are preferred.
canuck_traveler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 16, 10:45 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Programs: AC E50K
Posts: 39
Originally Posted by canuck_traveler View Post
I just went to the Air Canada site and typed in the departure and arrival airports for various dates (same day return). Air Canada gave me prices for various dates and I just selected the lowest price one that I saw.

I would suggest clearing all cookies from your web browser. I have found that some airline websites track your searches and raise prices on subsequent searches.

I did a search just now and prices for the 11th have disappeared. Prices for the week of the 18th are in the $1000 range. Sorry.

You may want to keep an eye out to see if AC lowers the prices again.
Got it, will keep trying. Thank you for your help!
IBNR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 16, 6:30 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 589
I should also mention that there were similar prices for tickets to Los Angeles so that is another option for you to look at.

Originally Posted by IBNR View Post
Got it, will keep trying. Thank you for your help!
canuck_traveler is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread