Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] BA/IB/AA: Italy-Mexico €300 (Full Y fare + feeder in Biz)

[FARE GONE] BA/IB/AA: Italy-Mexico €300 (Full Y fare + feeder in Biz)

Old Nov 10, 2016, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

Just some updates on this ticket
a) for those with AA ticket stock - they are honoring the fare but NOT the rules. So no matter if you fly or don't fly the first leg or outbound, any changes will incur a recalculation of the fare differences.
b) looks like a stopover of < 24 hours is OK, but not more.
c) rerouting looks to be ok as long as the final destination is the same.

Did anyone fly this yet?

Mod: Propose to move this to the [Fare Gone] section.

Cheers!
I am flying with this as 075 stock. I phoned IB US number to change a MEX-LHR-LIN return. To a MEX-LHR then 3 month stopover LHR - LIN. No charge no problem.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 8:17 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by lordlucan
I am flying with this as 075 stock. I phoned IB US number to change a MEX-LHR-LIN return. To a MEX-LHR then 3 month stopover LHR - LIN. No charge no problem.
This is good news - I do have one too with an 075 stock - might do the same, only disadvantage of this is I can't use my SWU for the AA flights. So I was already thinking of just cancelling this one, but this seems like a good side of it.

Thanks for sharing.
Cheers!
Old Dec 28, 2016, 5:10 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Flew

Hi,

Just for those interested, flew this ticket over the weekend, no questions asked. Used my SWU to upgrade the flights and was lucky that all went through despite last minute upgrades for all the return leg.

For those with this and planning to fly, put your eggs into other programs instead of Aadvantage - miserable earnings since it's fare base.
I was travelling with a companion and had the miles credited to BA - what a world of difference in the RDM.

I have another 1 of these tickets on the 001 stock - but I will be cancelling them- as I have stated in my previous post they are not letting this change without repricing, so useless from this point. Though for mileage earning and use of SWU - this could be still useful.

Cheers!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.